WokeBloke

Infinite Past is Impossible

62 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

If I am aware, then you are not aware.

If you are aware, then I am not aware.

There can only be one Consciousness. 

God is One! God can't split itself. 

Not true. Everybody is aware because you become everybody. Everybody is you.

I am one and so are you. Everybody is the creator.

Edited by WokeBloke

1 minute ago, WokeBloke said:

Not true. Everybody is aware because you become everybody. Everybody is you.

I am one and so are you. Everybody is the creator.

That's all your imagination. 

Read this, there I've epxlained how it works:

2 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

. Everybody is the creator.

There is only one Creator.

2 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

That's all your imagination. 

Read this, there I've epxlained how it works:

There is only one Creator.

The creator is everybody thus everybody is the creator :)

1 minute ago, WokeBloke said:

The creator is everybody thus everybody is the creator :)

From the relative perspective, yes.

1 minute ago, GreenWoods said:

From the relative perspective, yes.

Thus you have a past. Past expereinces/past lives. Future expereinces/futures lives. All created by you.

4 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Thus you have a past. Past expereinces/past lives. Future expereinces/futures lives. All created by you.

I wrote earlier how I think of it:

"From the relative perspective, every possible bubble exists. But that doesn't mean that God starts with one bubble which then evolves into another bubble and so on. The closest you could say is that God imagines all of these bubbles at once. No bubble is before or after another bubble. No bubble causes another bubble. They all exist beside each other, outside of time. There is no causation. It's an infinite number of bubbles with no beginning and no end, because there is no time. Time is something that is imagined within a bubble."

1 minute ago, GreenWoods said:

I wrote earlier how I think of it:

"From the relative perspective, every possible bubble exists. But that doesn't mean that God starts with one bubble which then evolves into another bubble and so on. The closest you could say is that God imagines all of these bubbles at once. No bubble is before or after another bubble. No bubble causes another bubble. They all exist beside each other, outside of time. There is no causation. It's an infinite number of bubbles with no beginning and no end, because there is no time. Time is something that is imagined within a bubble."

Actually there is an order. You are hitler before you are GreenWoods. Hitler is your past. GreenWoods is your present. Aliens are your future. 

40 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

There is only one Consciousness. God can't split itself.

and yet it is divided infinitely. although it is an apparent division, since the experience you are having is apparent. the same as the past and the future. there is only the empty now. everything apparent is not real. you are me right now, I am you right now. all the paraphernalia that surrounds us and makes us different is not real, a special effect

@WokeBloke Your explanation is correct, very nice work! However, your argument is still missing a lot and there are many ways to disprove it. 

To start off, your example of an infinite past reaching this present moment is similar to what’s called a “super task.” That’s an infinite number of tasks that converge on a limit (the limit here being the present now). 

I can tell that you haven’t taken any higher-level mathematics courses involving infinite sets and series because there are certainly mathematical models for overcoming these super-tasks (even if they have no beginning like in your example). 

I’m happy to explain these to you but that’s far too much to type out in a forum comment. Feel free to reach out if you’d like to talk more about those. 

Besides math, there’s a couple other ways I can name off the top of my head that allow for an infinite past to reach a present point. One has to do with infinitely many derivatives of motion, which would allow for an infinite distance to be traversed in a finite amount of time and then adding an extra dimension of “meta-time” to allow for an infinite amount of time to be traversed. 

But that also takes a long explanation. It’s like explaining physics to a flat-earther who thinks that a round Earth is impossible.
So don’t be so certain that an infinite past is impossible. There’s many deep-subjects here that you’re bypassing. After all, your entire argument rests on arithmetic alone. So it’s not that high-powered of an argument. We can take it much deeper

1 hour ago, Synchronicity said:

@WokeBloke Your explanation is correct, very nice work! However, your argument is still missing a lot and there are many ways to disprove it. 

To start off, your example of an infinite past reaching this present moment is similar to what’s called a “super task.” That’s an infinite number of tasks that converge on a limit (the limit here being the present now). 

I can tell that you haven’t taken any higher-level mathematics courses involving infinite sets and series because there are certainly mathematical models for overcoming these super-tasks (even if they have no beginning like in your example). 

I’m happy to explain these to you but that’s far too much to type out in a forum comment. Feel free to reach out if you’d like to talk more about those. 

Besides math, there’s a couple other ways I can name off the top of my head that allow for an infinite past to reach a present point. One has to do with infinitely many derivatives of motion, which would allow for an infinite distance to be traversed in a finite amount of time and then adding an extra dimension of “meta-time” to allow for an infinite amount of time to be traversed. 

But that also takes a long explanation. It’s like explaining physics to a flat-earther who thinks that a round Earth is impossible.
So don’t be so certain that an infinite past is impossible. There’s many deep-subjects here that you’re bypassing. After all, your entire argument rests on arithmetic alone. So it’s not that high-powered of an argument. We can take it much deeper

Very interesting! Yes I have not taken advanced mathematics courses. That would make my argument much stronger.

I would love to hear about these infinite sets and series. Not sure where to talk with you about this. Anyway I'll post some thoughts here.

I guess my argument stems on the fact that if you back infinitely then that means you literally must go back infinitely. So imagine the present moment is at point 0 on a number line.

Infinite past means go in the negative direction forever and never stop. Since infinity can never be reached one would always have to keep going back further and further. If one does this forever then one would never actually be able to begin going forward to get back to the 0 point since one has to keep going back forever. Thus if one goes back forever then one can never begin going forward. 

My intuition is the past is finite and will always be finite. Its an absolutely massive finite quantity and it is ever growing but it is still finite. Thoughts?

I agree this can be taken much deeper but I need the help of other people not just dogmatic belief that we have an infinite past. Also on a more practical level if we did have an infinite past then why are we still stuck here at this low level of evolution.

Edited by WokeBloke

2 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

Actually there is an order. You are hitler before you are GreenWoods. Hitler is your past. GreenWoods is your present. Aliens are your future. 

@WokeBloke This order exists for as long as you imagine it.

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

and yet it is divided infinitely. 

@Breakingthewall Yes, from the relative perspective. 

Edited by GreenWoods

3 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

@WokeBloke This order exists for as long as you imagine it.

@Breakingthewall Yes, from the relative perspective. 

Can't undo the past. What's done is done. What happened happened. What was experienced was experienced

26 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

I guess my argument stems on the fact that if you back infinitely then that means you literally must go back infinitely. So imagine the present moment is at point 0 on a number line.

Infinite past means go in the negative direction forever and never stop. Since infinity can never be reached one would always have to keep going back further and further. If one does this forever then one would never actually be able to begin going forward to get back to the 0 point since one has to keep going back forever. Thus if one goes back forever then one can never begin going forward. 

My intuition is the past is finite and will always be finite. Its an absolutely massive finite quantity and it is ever growing but it is still finite. Thoughts?

Oh yeah, your reasoning is definitely accurate! It’s a solid proposal. 

All I’m saying is that as ridiculous as the notion of a beginning-less past reaching the present point 0 is, there are models that are powerful enough to overcome that infinite distance in time. It’s like a paradox that actually has feasible solutions. 

If you would like to talk more about those possible solutions, you can just DM and we can talk. Preferably a live-chat is better because texting this stuff gets very complicated 

God has never experienced anything but the present.

All past events are nothing more than imaginary.

You even imagine that you started this thread. In fact, this thread had no beginning.

This whole thread is mental masturbation within the mind of God.

To think that God would be limited by some finite point in the past is laughable. This clearly show you're not Awake.

Stop masturbating and start doing some real spiritual work. This isn't it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@WokeBloke

10 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

Not impossible since its happening. The question is how is it happening.

You don't get it. It is impossible precisely because it is happening. And there is no how. 

Edited by SQAAD

11 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

There is only one Consciousness. God can't split itself.

@GreenWoods I don't know, that'd mean both of you are MY imagination out of inifinite possibilities, but how can one raise in conciousness? 

Alan Watts says there's no point trying to change one's state of mind because it'd be like trying to kiss your own lips, and psycadelics are a cheat code, except technically you're still human hallusinating you're tripping into an 'extra-human' mystical experience ...

And if I'm hallusinating this entire thread, myself ... and we're all one, I can understand this and sometimes it gets scary, how can I go past that fear of figuring myself out, if at all possible, and if I do, will I die in some fashion?

Edited by Yeah Yeah

Of course infinite past is impossible. Can’t disagree there. There’s only infinite everything. Eternity isn’t long at all, it’s timeless. Infinity isn’t big at all, it’s attribute-less.

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

God has never experienced anything but the present.

All past events are nothing more than imaginary.

You even imagine that you started this thread. In fact, this thread had no beginning.

This whole thread is mental masturbation within the mind of God.

To think that God would be limited by some finite point in the past is laughable. This clearly show you're not Awake.

Stop masturbating and start doing some real spiritual work. This isn't it.

To say past events are not experienced is to say the present moment is not being experienced.

To say you don't have a past or future is to deny me, your very self. For right now I am experiencing this body and you are not experiencing this body right now.

Edited by WokeBloke