Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WokeBloke

Infinite Past is Impossible

62 posts in this topic

Okay give me a chance here with an open mind.

Experiencing is the basis of your existence. Anything that happens on this planet or in dreams is experienced.

If you were not experiencing then you would not know that you exist.

Experiencing requires awareness and experiences. Awareness without experiences means one is experiencing nothing which means one does not know one exists. This is the original state. Termed silence.

So let's break experiencing into 3 parts:

1. The experienced (your past)

2. Current experience (now/present moment)

3. The unexperienced (your future)

Specifically let's look at the experienced (past). This is everything you have gone through to get to where you currently are. Every past life/dream is within this experienced container. Of course you are not aware of your entire past. If you were then your head would explode haha.

The point of this post is to show that although your past is very fucking big it is not infinite. In other words it is finite. I am not saying your are finite. I am only saying your past is finite. Stay with me please!

Let's look at experiencing as a long chain of events. 

Ex. 

1. I wake up.

2. I get an apple.

3. I eat my apple

4. I take shrooms.

Now let's say you are on event 1.

Let's now construct your past.

Event 0: Dreaming about being a Pokémon

Event -1: Going to bed

Event -2: 20 hits of acid

Event -3: Meditation inquiry

. . .

Event -10: Walking to class

. . .

Event -1000000: Current body is born

Event -1000000000000000000000000: Currently an ant entering the largest known ant hill in existence

Event -10000000000000000000000000000000: Single celled organism self replicates for the first time

Now if this went on for infinity then please see you would never get to event 1. This is because of the nature of infinity.

Since there is no maximum negative infinity one can always subtract 1.

This would go on forever if you had an infinite past.

If this went on forever then the distance between an experience infinite years ago and your experience today would be infinity.

It is impossible to travel an infinite distance because essentially one can make 0 progress. 

It is impossible to put a dent in infinity.

Thus I conclude that God initiated/created experiencing and had a first experience. This was a long long time ago and now here you are many many experiences later. Now you will continue experiencing forever but you will never reach the end because you are infinite. Hopefully this makes some sense!

You can't understand God with logic. Only higher consciousness will do.

And then you realize that the past and future is your imagination right now.

From the relative perspective, every possible bubble exists. But that doesn't mean that God starts with one bubble which then evolves into another bubble and so on. The closest you could say is that God imagines all of these bubbles at once. No bubble is before or after another bubble. No bubble causes another bubble. They all exist beside each other, outside of time. There is no causation. It's an infinite number of bubbles with no beginning and no end, because there is no time. Time is something that is imagined within a bubble.

However this is not how it ultimately works. 

And about the idea that, there was one origninal moment like before the big bang, then the big bang, which causes the universe and everything evolves over time and one thing causes another thing.  That is pure illusion, pure fantasy. 

23 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

You can't understand God with logic. Only higher consciousness will do.

And then you realize that the past and future is your imagination right now.

From the relative perspective, every possible bubble exists. But that doesn't mean that God starts with one bubble which then evolves into another bubble and so on. The closest you could say is that God imagines all of these bubbles at once. No bubble is before or after another bubble. No bubble causes another bubble. They all exist beside each other, outside of time. There is no causation. It's an infinite number of bubbles with no beginning and no end, because there is no time. Time is something that is imagined within a bubble.

However this is not how it ultimately works. 

And about the idea that, there was one origninal moment like before the big bang, then the big bang, which causes the universe and everything evolves over time and one thing causes another thing.  That is pure illusion, pure fantasy. 

The past is finite and will always be finite. 

The past is ever growing but it will never be infinite.

24 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

The past is finite and will always be finite. 

The past is ever growing but it will never be infinite.

Happy dreaming :)

6 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

Happy dreaming :)

Please prove how one can have an infinite past. I outlined how its not possible. You continue to cling to your belief.

3 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Please prove how one can have an infinite past. I outlined how its not possible. You continue to cling to your belief.

It's not possible to prove an infinite past because there is no past. 

Are you ever getting it?xD9_9

And this can't be proven to you by me because you are imagining/hallucinating me. Only you can find out how it works. 

And it's through higher consciousness, not logic.

5 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

It's not possible to prove an infinite past because there is no past. 

Are you ever getting it?xD9_9

And this can't be proven to you by me because you are imagining/hallucinating me. Only you can find out how it works. 

And it's through higher consciousness, not logic.

So you aren't aware?

The question then becomes, what was before experience?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

2 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

So you aren't aware?

If you are aware right now, then I am not aware, I am your imagination. 

There is only one Consciousness. God can't split itself.

Just now, Adamq8 said:

The question then becomes, what was before experience?

No experience. Nothing. 

Just now, WokeBloke said:

No experience. Nothing. 

And just how can non experience give rise to experience? 

Pretty magical the non experience place, so this nothing somehow has a potential for existence?

- Pseudo-dionysius 

2 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

If you are aware right now, then I am not aware, I am your imagination. 

There is only one Consciousness. God can't split itself.

No the question is are you aware. You have circumvented my question.

1 minute ago, Adamq8 said:

And just how can non experience give rise to experience? 

Pretty magical the non experience place, so this nothing somehow has a potential for existence?

Absolutely that's what I'm working on now. How is it that I generate experiences for myself from nothing.

You have made a wrong assumption; you think that God or infinity is bound within this 3 dimensional space-time simulation you are experiencing. Have you considered that maybe that is only a specific manifestation. And that in true infinity, manifestation does not need to abide by those rules. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

4 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Absolutely that's what I'm working on now. How is it that I generate experiences for myself from nothing.

Yes please do share what you find.

Ive contemplated this topic for a long time and it is still a mystery but yet there are very convincing insights into what this really is, and many times also, reality is radical and paradoxical because it does not exist , but it does exist too, it imagines itself somehow into existence.

But the thing is also, if non existence is the source so to speak, then I am impressed with the power that brought this and then we almost land in the creator GOD view, like some Christians believe.

But from what ive found is that, timelessness is what this is, presence has always been here, but the finite minds which appear within it like thoughts made manifest has a birth date, and it is this illusion that makes you forget the presence that you are, but funny enough it is only clearly seen when there is no you ??

- Pseudo-dionysius 

5 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

ok, I'm aware.

And I'm aware too. Now how is that. It must be that I am you and you are me. Even that though is very tricky. How can you be experiencing and me be experiencing simultaneous if there is just one awareness. 

My opinion is its not simultaneous. Bodies are experienced in a every particular order. Thus my body is your past or future.

Reality = Impossible. 

God = Impossible.

This is impossible. This is a miracle. 

6 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

And I'm aware too. Now how is that. It must be that I am you and you are me. Even that though is very tricky. How can you be experiencing and me be experiencing simultaneous if there is just one awareness. 

My opinion is its not simultaneous. Bodies are experienced in a every particular order. Thus my body is your past or future.

When I am aware, then you are not aware.

When you are aware, then I am not aware.

There can only be one Consciousness. 

God is One! God can't split itself. 

Edited by GreenWoods

4 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

Reality = Impossible. 

God = Impossible.

This is impossible. This is a miracle. 

Not impossible since its happening. The question is how is it happening.