Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

Retreat Recommendations

11 posts in this topic

Hey I want to do some of kind of retreat and I'm looking for recommendations or advice.

I would strongly prefer some kind of meditation retreat because I think a structured practice would be really helpful, but I'd be open to some kind of breathwork retreat or something else if it was promising.

I live in Canada, but I'd be open to anything in North America. 

I like Rupert Spira so I was thinking of looking into one of his retreats, but I've consumed so much of his content I don't how much new information i'd learn on a retreat like that

I'd try find someone who has a strong natural transmission, like Jan Esmann, Mooji, Sadhguru, Amma,... 

There surely are such people in north America, but I don't know of anyone.

(Kai Shanti, but I think she currently doesn't hold retreats)

Edited by GreenWoods

18 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

I'd try find someone who has a strong natural transmission, like Jan Esmann, Mooji, Sadhguru, Amma,... 

There surely are such people in north America, but I don't know of anyone.

(Kai Shanti, but I think she currently doesn't hold retreats)

That's a good point thanks.

I wonder how many high conscious beings just hold simple retreats for people?

I'd be open to go someone like Mooji's events

I think Shinzen Young does a retreat in or near Canada. If you’re looking for a zen/vipassana hybrid, highly recommend.

Don't like this idea of going somewhere in order to be spiritual

I see this with many SD green folk. They think they have to sign up for a spiritual retreat, travel to india, be part of a new age commune etc. in order to be spiritual. But that is the opposite of what Spirituality is. You are making a distinction between a retreat and your home, which is not very spiritual. Turn your place into a retreat, that would be my recommendation 

I mean if it was something like a dark room retreat, where you would need help from an outsider, alright. But with a normal meditation retreat, I don't see the point. Although probably still a cool experience 

Edited by Jakuchu

On 9/26/2021 at 9:11 AM, Raptorsin7 said:

Hey I want to do some of kind of retreat and I'm looking for recommendations or advice.

I cannot recommend an Enlightenment Intensive enough.  It was an EI that altered my life trajectory over a decade ago, and gave me my first taste of awakening.

https://www.enlightenment-intensive.net/

Yeah Id look into Leo's psychedelics, and use deep discernment when choosing to follow any of these new age teachers and their teachings to be honest some people have no idea what the hell they are talking about and live a life of lies and lack of embodiment. Touch your innermost self and stay with that thread, from here on out. 

Psychadelics are a good route for that, enlightenment intensives are alright too, if you don't want to use psychs. 

@Raptorsin7 check this out!

Sat Shree's SAT transmissions are quite powerful.

I think you can go to his ashram (in Nevada) anytime you want and stay there up to 3 months.

Or if you don't mind flying all the way to London, Gareth does an Intensive  there soon. It will be with shaktipat, SAT and Pure Divinity transmissions. 

15 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

@Raptorsin7 check this out!

Sat Shree's SAT transmissions are quite powerful.

I think you can go to his ashram (in Nevada) anytime you want and stay there up to 3 months.

Or if you don't mind flying all the way to London, Gareth does an Intensive  there soon. It will be with shaktipat, SAT and Pure Divinity transmissions. 

Very interesting thanks.

I will try the transmissions at home and see if they effect me

On 27/09/2021 at 1:45 AM, Jakuchu said:

Don't like this idea of going somewhere in order to be spiritual

I see this with many SD green folk. They think they have to sign up for a spiritual retreat, travel to india, be part of a new age commune etc. in order to be spiritual. But that is the opposite of what Spirituality is. You are making a distinction between a retreat and your home, which is not very spiritual. Turn your place into a retreat, that would be my recommendation 

I mean if it was something like a dark room retreat, where you would need help from an outsider, alright. But with a normal meditation retreat, I don't see the point. Although probably still a cool experience 

this logic does not play out in reality. It's very difficult to coordinate a solo retreat. It makes more sense to go do a group silent retreat

On 9/26/2021 at 1:45 PM, Jakuchu said:

You are making a distinction between a retreat and your home, which is not very spiritual. Turn your place into a retreat, that would be my recommendation 

@Jakuchu I have seriously considered this. How would you recommend one schedule their days? "Meditating all day" isn't very constructive advice but that's what i normally hear when i ask this.