Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charlie cho

The purpose of the enneagram as opposed to MBTI and spiral dynamics

6 posts in this topic

I got a 3 wing 2 yesterday, and it was my first time ever touching on the subjet of enneagram

But the scores say I got 98% of type 3, and 97% of type 8.

Do I completely disregard type 8, and focus on 3 wing 2s? I do see myself primarily 3, but still, I know a big part of me is 8. I don't understand why enneagram wouldn't mention the 2nd most percentages, but just go for the wing of the primary type. 

Also, upon watching Eben Pagan's master map of success, Wyatt Woodsmall was saying MBTIs are a bit dangerous in the fact that many people feel pride for their personality types and do not try to change while enneagrams are a bit better in that it challenges people to improve. How can we use enneagrams? What is the best way to use enneagrams to self develop?

A very serious question for me and thanks for the help 

2021-09-26 23_02_59-The Enneagram Personality Test (1).pdf — Mozilla Firefox.png

Edited by charlie cho

1 minute ago, charlie cho said:

If i got a 3 wing 2. 

But the scores say I got 98% of type 3, and 97% of type 8.

Do I completely disregard type 8, and focus on 3 wing 2s? I do see myself primarily 3, but still, I know a big part of me is 8. I don't understand why enneagram wouldn't mention the 2nd most percentages, but just go for the wing of the primary type. 

Also, upon watching Eben Pagan's master map of success, Wyatt Woodsmall was saying MBTIs are a bit dangerous in the fact that many people feel pride for their personality types and do not try to change while enneagrams are a bit better in that it challenges people to improve. How can we use enneagrams? What is the best way to use enneagrams to self develop?

A very serious question for me and thanks for the help 

2021-09-26 23_02_59-The Enneagram Personality Test (1).pdf — Mozilla Firefox.png

I have been heavily involved in the MBTI community before and there is definitely a very toxic element to it. People wage wars about against other types, like a tribal warfare. They demonize certain types or functions. Think they are superior.

There are people that perceive themselves as thinker types and use that as a justification to not be empathetic. Intuitive types that think that all sensing types are just dumb and shallow. I even read a blogpost by an intuitive supremacist who says that intuitive people are inherently more valuable as human beings.

There are also Youtubers that reenforce this ideology of personality type supremacy.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

1 minute ago, charlie cho said:

@vizual I'll have to be honest. I've been one of them. I've had horrible experiences with sensory types. Just horrible. 

You have to look deep within and realize that demonizing people is not helping you to get where you want, but it actually perpetuates the problem. 

If you live in the ghettos of New York there is a lot of violence, especially done by black gang members. So if you live there as a white person it's very easy to draw the conclusion that their evil and devilry comes from their blackness. But of course that is flawed thinking. And by demonizing people with black skin you create an even bigger divide between yourself and them.

So by judging a person by something they can not change, you create a huge wall which can not be broken down. In stead, you have to realize that toxic or bad behavior is never inherrent to a certain personality type or people with a certain skin color. But it's more about how they were raised, their environment, their beliefs etc. And all these things can be overcome.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@cypres As you can see eight is 97%, one is 94%, six is only 84%, three is 98%  . 381

So does the enneagram show the limitations of these types that I'm most assigned to, and it's good for me to study 3, 8, 1 types? 

or am I solely supposed to focus on 3 wing 2? 

I did not recognize this until now, seeing you mentioned I have one. I always knew I and 3 and 8, but not one. One is a huge shadow for me.

@vizualmaybe, the reason I hated sensory types so much is because type one enneagram is my shadow. Afterall, in my childhood, I was very traditional but as i grew older, I came to despise it.

2021-09-27 02_03_15-The Enneagram Personality Test (1).pdf — Mozilla Firefox.png

2021-09-27 02_03_26-The Enneagram Personality Test (1).pdf — Mozilla Firefox.png

2021-09-27 02_03_31-The Enneagram Personality Test (1).pdf — Mozilla Firefox.png

Edited by charlie cho

Ignore the Enneagram tests. They're all pretty crappy from what I've seen. Just read the descriptions of the 9 types and see if one strongly resonates. For most people, one type will strongly stand out. But not for everyone.