Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PepperBlossoms

Trouble Dealing With Almost Everyone's Personality

13 posts in this topic

I have noticed that I have trouble with almost every personality.

I am questioning the authenticity of personalities and if most are fake/copied off of someone else and if the most authentic personality is something that isn't copying anything else- something that isn't trying to be anything, replicate anything, push anything, be anything.

Everyone has to have some sort of personality regardless as you still have eyes, a face, a voice, a walk, clothing, etc.

Here are some that may be replications as an example: arrogant/egoic, girly, bitchy, strict, quiet, victim, frat, sorority, drama queen, feminine, masculine, nerd, flirty, sexual, upbeat, comic, confident, etc.

It could be that a personality may be a person's safe haven of where they feel comfortable, of how they want to portray themselves, of what they are used to/familiar with.

I do not understand or know how to deal with these and so I find it easier to just try to be nice to all personalities and try to pretend the personality isn't there?

I am thinking that to "drop the act", drop the personality - is more like where you can see - yes this is this person, not that other thing.

It could be enticing to copy the personality of the person you are with or to use certain ones for certain occasions - but that may be inauthentic because as soon as you leave, you stop being that.

Ever notice how the sorority/frats all have the same one?  Or there is the typical newscaster one? Or politician? Or police? Or Karen?

The easiest one for me is the neutral one.

Nobody is perfect. 

Embrace the good, leave out the bad. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

If you cant stand other's personality, you can't stand your own. My guess is  the different parts of yourself with different personalities fight and separate from eachother, which basically means that all your differnt parts hate eachother. 

It is a self hate from the different aspects of yourself that then is projected outwards.

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

46 minutes ago, SamC said:

If you cant stand other's personality, you can't stand your own. My guess is  the different parts of yourself with different personalities fight and separate from eachother, which basically means that all your differnt parts hate eachother. 

It is a self hate from the different aspects of yourself that then is projected outwards.

agree with all this ... i would also add

the world is a mirror to show you what you hate about yourself, that is all hatred is self hatred

use the mirror so you can fix yourself

Thanks @Preety_India @SamC @gettoefl

I guess sometimes it is a disgust for some personalities, sometimes it is just a notice of how the person is being and how/if our personalities are clashing.

There is a struggle of - okay how do I interact with this person, this personality?  How do I make the interaction harmonious?

How do I understand what will make it harmonious?

Maybe it is just something where I will just learn with experience of being around the different types more.

There may be the desire to make little tweaks to myself to accommodate each personality type:

Being around the studious/curious - I pull that out and am okay with that one as that is the one I like to take on.

The upbeat/overly positive - I sometimes try to copy it.  Or maybe I don't and I bring out the curious/questioning and it may bring the mood down some as anything that is not overly upbeat/positive is in a negative/neutral direction.  I may appreciate that it is trying to make everyone feel good but yet it is overlooking more depth of thought.

The playful/comic - I may try to be playful too depending on if I can match that or if they are wayyy to playful that I can't match it and I just get quiet.

The arrogant/frat/sorority/flirty/drama/super serious/super masculine or super feminine/super know it all/prep/fitness buff/super confident - I just try to limit my interaction with them as I feel I do not fit in, am not worthy, don't want to go there, it is too much, don't want to be like that, etc.

Some personalities do more to accommodate the other person and others don't.  Some personalities may be a better fit for the workplace, friendships, communication, etc. than others.

I used to play the super feminine, super flirty, arrogant, upbeat, serious ones that I dislike and would tell myself that I couldn't keep those going as they weren't me.

Yes good point on just trying to work through all of the different interaction types and see why I am having some distaste/struggle.  

It can be hard to not see a personality and then judge the person because of the personality and your history of how the interactions with people of that personality have gone in the past and then question if they are judging you because maybe they have had a similar experience of interacting with people of your personality in their past too.

An example of a conflict with the overly positive personality type is that it has such a bias for positivity that it views anything that is not that as a problem and it tries to convert everyone over to its cult of excessive positivity.  The cult's solution to everything is, "be positive" rather than taking a serious deep systems look at things.  It tries to entice its peers to join the club.  If you show you aren't interested or won't adhere, you get overlooked and may also get a label attached to you.

Kinda like how a religious person tries to get people to join its religion.

I guess you just have to be you and people either like that or they don't.

I guess I would see my dad play the overly positive character to his friends and play as the overly serious dad to us and I found it odd how quickly he would turn personalities on and off.

My mom would also play the overly positive character to all of her friends and yet there was no desire to have any deep conversations.  Everything is superficial and about sports, weather, gossip, etc.  I see how much the overly positive personality type talks bad about others behind their backs despite putting on the face of being overly positive - so it is lying.  It is false advertisement.  It is nice to your face and betrays you behind your back.

38 minutes ago, PepperBlossoms said:

Thanks @Preety_India @SamC @gettoefl

I guess sometimes it is a disgust for some personalities, sometimes it is just a notice of how the person is being and how/if our personalities are clashing.

There is a struggle of - okay how do I interact with this person, this personality?  How do I make the interaction harmonious?

How do I understand what will make it harmonious?

Maybe it is just something where I will just learn with experience of being around the different types more.

There may be the desire to make little tweaks to myself to accommodate each personality type:

Being around the studious/curious - I pull that out and am okay with that one as that is the one I like to take on.

The upbeat/overly positive - I sometimes try to copy it.  Or maybe I don't and I bring out the curious/questioning and it may bring the mood down some as anything that is not overly upbeat/positive is in a negative/neutral direction.  I may appreciate that it is trying to make everyone feel good but yet it is overlooking more depth of thought.

The playful/comic - I may try to be playful too depending on if I can match that or if they are wayyy to playful that I can't match it and I just get quiet.

The arrogant/frat/sorority/flirty/drama/super serious/super masculine or super feminine/super know it all/prep/fitness buff/super confident - I just try to limit my interaction with them as I feel I do not fit in, am not worthy, don't want to go there, it is too much, don't want to be like that, etc.

Some personalities do more to accommodate the other person and others don't.  Some personalities may be a better fit for the workplace, friendships, communication, etc. than others.

I used to play the super feminine, super flirty, arrogant, upbeat, serious ones that I dislike and would tell myself that I couldn't keep those going as they weren't me.

Yes good point on just trying to work through all of the different interaction types and see why I am having some distaste/struggle.  

It can be hard to not see a personality and then judge the person because of the personality and your history of how the interactions with people of that personality have gone in the past and then question if they are judging you because maybe they have had a similar experience of interacting with people of your personality in their past too.

Which personality type do you hate the most?@PepperBlossoms

14 minutes ago, SamC said:

Which personality type do you hate the most?@PepperBlossoms

It is not a full on hate but I think I struggle with anything that has some sort of combination of ego/confidence/positivity.

Maybe because it is the most threatening to my survival - has the most potential to outperform/challenge/beat me/triumph over in the food chain/etc. but also it is as such that I feel insecure/inadequate around.

My dad really liked to criticize and be strict and so were the teachers at school - so much of "do it like this" and not enough of exploring different ways to do things/think about things.

It just wanted to so much of being like it and the pressure to conform and perform.  And you see that you can't always conform/perform.

It wasn't speculative enough of itself though; it didn't question things enough and wasn't open-minded enough; it wasn't self aware enough; it was too rigid and not flexible enough for the dealing with the rainbow of life's events

Edited by PepperBlossoms

First of, thank you for sharing. You seem to have a lot of self awarness and insight. It's very inspiring to see.

Secondly, What do you think about feminine men and masculine woman? I mean preform is equal to conform for you.

What about those people that don't fit your own ideas about how one should be? Do you look up to those people or down on them?

Edited by SamC

Perhaps you can allow yourself to know, that everyone in this world craves to feel good, feel love. And that because they don't feel that, and don't know how to find that, they look for it in all sorts of ways. When you see someone playing a what you call a drama queen for example, you might see that they really they just long to feel good and that their behavior is a way to try to make themselves feel better. That is all the more reasons to be loving

28 minutes ago, Waken said:

Perhaps you can allow yourself to know, that everyone in this world craves to feel good, feel love. And that because they don't feel that, and don't know how to find that, they look for it in all sorts of ways. When you see someone playing a what you call a drama queen for example, you might see that they really they just long to feel good and that their behavior is a way to try to make themselves feel better. That is all the more reasons to be loving

I was thinking about that too - that maybe the character that we are all playing is a character we are trying out to see if we can feel good or better - and yeah one of the main things we want is to feel good.  If we have had a bad experience with interacting with a character type, we may then think poorly of it when we see others use it as we may then imagine ourselves feeling bad again around it instead of considering that everyone is just trying to feel good and it may take several different character rotations/trials to find what works best  - - so the character everyone has right now is their current trial character but they may find something that works better later and change.

Agree on trying to be loving to all character types and maybe try to look past the character and see what else is there.

Well said.

37 minutes ago, SamC said:

First of, thank you for sharing. You seem to have a lot of self awarness and insight. It's very inspiring to see.

Secondly, What do you think about feminine men and masculine woman? I mean preform is equal to conform for you.

What about those people that don't fit your own ideas about how one should be? Do you look up to those people or down on them?

I used to really look up to and admire feminine men as being funny as the ones I grew up with would make lots of jokes and the masculine women as being tough and cool.  I guess recently I had felt more insecure around them and unsure of how to take on the interaction other than just trying to be nice.

I guess it would just take more of just trying to get to know them better and again try to push past the outward personality and any traits I am assuming and try to see what is really there and not what is assumed to be there. 

Also just acknowledging that not everyone clicks and everyone is at their own stage of development of what they gravitate towards/need/value/take interest in and we may be a decent fit or we may not or it may be various levels of closeness that vary for each person combination.

In some cases, it is not always me that is trying to stay away but them staying away from me.  

I think that I have tended to look down on people for not fitting my ideas but I need to work on that and be more accommodating and see what I can do to make it work better for both parties.

Thanks.

--

I guess an additional thing to note is a value system/purpose will also impact how people are and when the value system/purpose's clash - it can cause conflict - - and so making it so that one's value system allows for a harmonious interaction with all types of other value systems/purposes (within some limitation)

19 minutes ago, PepperBlossoms said:

that everyone is just trying to feel good and it may take several different character rotations/trials to find what works best

Oh, I like that one, trying to find different character rotations/trials. Isn't that true! Sometimes you may see someone you haven't seen for a while, and notice they are trying out a different identity. It can even be a little uncomfortable like 'oh yea, you know I wasn't like this before, and you may know that I really do this in order to find fulfillment'. You can always give your own ego the love, understanding and acknowledgement it so longs for, then we may accept other egos better too

Edited by Waken