Endangered-EGO

Unbearable pain without causing physical damage to the body.

41 posts in this topic

@Nahm I prefer ease, speed and efficiency because it's a chore (for me) and I'd rather not eat at all if I didn't have to.

So a chore is something I need to do, without expecting real pleasure from it.

@Nahm I used to distract from emotional pain with physical pain, but this time it was more out of curiosity, to test if equanimity works as good with physical pain as emotional pain.

On 27/09/2021 at 1:47 PM, Nahm said:

@Endangered-EGO

I’m not convinced hurting yourself is related to equanimity. But you do you of course. ?

@Nahm I got it. Your question made me think, it just came up.

Why do I want to test my equanimity, and see how long I can SDS and deal with strong emotion?

Obviously because I want to be invincible, it's the part of me that wants to be able to overcome every type of suffering, because I believe that once I can handle every type of suffering I can finally be free and happy!

Damn it's what I've been trying for years!

Oh god, every success is just a mile in an uphill neverending battle against suffering. That's what I believe I am doing.

How much more suffering do I need, to finally get that there's nothing "I" can do about it.

@Nahm Yes, that's the issue. The "I" always highjacks experience. Nomatter if it's doing something or if it stops doing something.

There's always the "oh, I need to let go of this and that in order for XY to happen again, so I know now how to navigate reality"

It's also highjacking this insight and has the stupid idea of "Oh, now I NEED to stop doing that".

After a while: " OH stopping actually worked, I need to remember that I need to stop when this and that happens"

Always highjacking again. It's the imaginary dog chasing it's imaginary tail. It's nonsense what I am doing.

Bed of nails

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Leo Gura I'm gonna try that with lego blocks!

ur creative ?

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Bed of nails

wait really? i remember u said in the past u did something like this. what was that experience like? any resources on how to safely do this? 

thanks! ?

@Rinne I have never claimed to use a bed of nails.

@Leo Gura Is there any value in such things?

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Endangered-EGO

Yep. I’d slow down deliberately. Taste the food, smell the roses, laugh, love, enjoy. If there is emotion to be expressed, express it. Using the emotional scale might be helpful, as you can use it and realize you can pretty much always feel good now, which may reduce the ‘pain/suffering now so I can feel good later’ outlook / pattern / karma. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

@Leo Gura Is there any value in such things?

I think SDS is sufficient if you want to torture yourself. No need to go to extremes.

On 9/25/2021 at 4:44 PM, Endangered-EGO said:

Sorry for sounding insane:

I'm looking for ways to induce strong pain, like SDS or Hot sauce, that doesn't damage the body. I want to test my equanimity levels.

I'm gonna try hot hot sauce soon, but I was looking for other alternative safe methods.

It's either too dangerous, or not painful enough or takes too long.

Another issue with SDS is I can stop anytime, so I cannot surrender fully to the pain. Hot sauce is not that easy to stop.

have someone waterboard you