Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epikur

'Last resort': The young Germans on hunger strike for the climate

12 posts in this topic

Reminds me of the suicidal UFO cultivists though maybe this time these guys are the heroes. I guess they are high on the spiral I guess maybe at 8 or so.

This is very healthy Green, peaceful protest at mass scale, and a leader to look up to on top of it all.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

4 minutes ago, Harlen Kelly said:

@Knowledge Hoarder It's been used before to enact and promote changes in society successfully. 

Gandhi did it.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Meanwhile poisoning the oceans with all the masks and going to McDonald's after the demonstrations ??

It is a big sacrifice depending on their real motivations. Would you sacrifice them to get the climate change? 
I mean to get it solved?

It's good to see that they are at least aware of the fact the climate is facing a huge threat from our actions. 

I'm not sure if hunger strike works. 

But if too many people get behind the wheel and stop corporations and big money spenders from harming the environment, then we can anticipate a change. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

26 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I'm not sure if hunger strike works. 

It's frustrated action:/

Just now, Tim R said:

It's frustrated action:/

Well if hunger strike worked, I would be glad. But sadly a bunch of people starving themselves doesn't warm cold hearts. 

Even though I'm a stage Green person who believes in activism, by witnessing things in my own country, I have realized that Stage Green is seen weak and wimpy. 

In such situations, I feel that you need stage Red. 

You can't meet fierce with timid. 

You have to be gentle yet you have to be a gentle giant. 

This reminds me of BLM protesters and burning in the streets. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Protests, demonstrations and much else (even terrorist attacks) are dependent on the mass media for an effective propaganda effect. Basically they are an attempt to force your way into the headlines when the other routes into the news aren't really interested in your campaign. Another example is the Insulate Britain eco warriors blockading the M25 motorway; they could have held their demonstration in a park without inconveniencing anyone but that wouldn't achieve any coverage in the press. Of course there's lots of other interests manipulating the media too, such as corporations and billionaires throwing money at their PR departments to influence public opinion. 

The moral is, don't be a sheep taking in whatever is beamed at you through the media. Be sceptical, check sources, check biases, research all sides of the question and don't be too quick to make up your mind. And the louder someone shouts at you, the more suspicious you should be. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :)