Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Esoteric

Confusion After Vipassana Retreat

3 posts in this topic

So I recently did a 10-day Vipassana retreat, and it was a truly amazing experience. One of the best of my life and I highly recommend it to all. So prior I had done 2 hours of "Do Nothing" a day with great results. The "Do Nothing" technique really works amazing for me. Then Vipassana started to resonate with me greatly during the retreat, I got a good flow and started to have amazing awareness throughout the whole body, many sensations and things happened that I have never happened before. So I thought to myself that Vipassana is my thing now, but as I got back and did the 2 hours of Vipassana a day, it has been hard to maintain a flow through the body, and a part of me longs for the "Do Nothing" technique again. During my last session just now I got really frustrated while meditating and decided to finish the meditation with the "Do Nothing" and it worked so effortlessly.

So I guess I want some opinions about this. Could I combine the two practices, should I have patience with the Vipassana or should I do the "Do Nothing" which makes me meditate with the least resistance?

@Esoteric all spiritual practices are built to dismantle your ego. do nothing? body scan? no. the unhealthily conditioned mind wants something to chew. it longs for its old masturbation.

the frustration you feel is a sign that you're doing it properly. if you need to take a break, do it. but in the end it doesn't matter much which technique. just pick one you can maintain.

also, start considering turning your entire day into a meditation practice. 24/7 present.

unborn Truth

4 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@Esoteric all spiritual practices are built to dismantle your ego. do nothing? body scan? no. the unhealthily conditioned mind wants something to chew. it longs for its old masturbation.

the frustration you feel is a sign that you're doing it properly. if you need to take a break, do it. but in the end it doesn't matter much which technique. just pick one you can maintain.

also, start considering turning your entire day into a meditation practice. 24/7 present.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I hear what you are saying. I know that my mind wants to drift off. I will simply have the mindset that I will do formal meditation 3 hours a day, whatever practice it is. Also most of my time I am trying to observe myself, and it is easier for me to have constant presence naturally for me during the day these days. It is a beautiful thing.

Take care