The Buddha

Are psychedelics a Complete Path?

64 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

This is what scares me about Leo. He thinks he's the only one in history who's ever took a psychedelic and experienced mystery up close.

Yeah, he likely has a bit of spiritual Ego.

But he also has blog posts and in his earlier God videos he says  that what he is pointing to has been known for thousands of years.

I think the problem is most modern spiritual teachers have not Groked this notion as deeply as Leo. I can't speak for anyone elses realizations but from what Leo is sharing...

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

6 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I think the problem is most modern spiritual teachers have not Groked this notion as deeply as Leo

I believe the opposite to be the case. Leo hasn't fully grokked it, and now believes he simply knows it all. And this is dangerous because it will put many of his followers in a state of confusion.

Not knowing is more potent than knowing. Realizing that you don't know is Humbleness. Realizing that you know is Ego.

4 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

I believe the opposite to be the case. Leo hasn't fully grokked it, and now believes he simply knows it all. And this is dangerous because it will put many of his followers in a state of confusion.

Not knowing is more potent than knowing. Realizing that you don't know is Humbleness. Realizing that you know is Ego.

Nah man. I've watched pretty much all his content and have watched and listened to plenty of other teachers.

Leo has his own styles, limitations and biases for sure. But, he is on the money. 

He even says reality is a mystery to itself. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

To be honest you all seem to lack a bit of historic perspective. There has been thousands of years were fully God-Realized beings have taught totally opposite things, teachings and ways. However that was never the problem because there was no notion of correct or incorrect as said by the sages, what is more beautiful the red flower or the blue flower? It is when this teachings arrived to europe and america that people still not understand, what is true? Who is right? They are all pointing to the same fucking shit, also there are infinite paths and ifinite ways, you can't reduce the absolute into finite paths, it's just stupid. Instead this wide and even opposite ways just gives variety and glory to God-Realization, if you grasp the bigger picture. Thousands of years God-Realized beings unbaffled by what other teachers have said, just teaching their way and saying this has worked for me that is all.

@Thought Art You are of course free to form and hold your own opinion.

Mine is that we're watching a slow fall from grace. I used to be a huge fan of Leo because he dug deep into metaphysical subjects that few others have dared to navigate, I enjoy existential philosophy so I enjoyed his content. Ever since he's started touting psychedelics as a means to an end I've become more and more put off by his "teachings". It simply doesn't rub me the right way. I've done extremely potent psychedelics. Nothing anyone could ever say would convince me that what I experienced on Salvia can be surpassed by any substance in this world. And yet I've come to a conclusion that psychedelics are a distraction. They're not what you think they are. They're not here to awaken you. In fact they will confuse you in the long run. This is why it's important to hang up the phone once you get the message, because otherwise you'll be stuck glued to the phone, and you'll never realize the truth for yourself.

Personally - and this is my own personal take, take it or leave it - I believe that "God realization" is ultimately just another distraction. If you were truly God realized you would simply kill yourself because there's nothing else to do. The real deal is the endless mystery of it all. This is painted beautifully in this Zen saying:

You may wish to ask where the flowers come from, but even the God of Spring doesn't know.

This implies even God is clueless.

On 9/25/2021 at 10:51 PM, Leo Gura said:

Frank Yang isn't God-realized.

He's playing games.

There is nothing above God.

You are dreaming up Frank Yang to keep yourself asleep.

You will not reach God-realization via meditation or Vipassana.

The Vedanta teacher, James Swartz, says that our true nature is prior to the creative aspect of God, but of course includes that also. God as the creator is just one aspect of God. I have a feeling this is what Frank and Bentinho both allude to. Would be nice one day to see a civil conversation between Leo, Frank and Bentinho.   

@Wilhelm44 I agree it would be interesting, too bad Leo has his head too far up his spiritual ass to question any of his own ideas

1 minute ago, sleep said:

@Wilhelm44 I agree it would be interesting, too bad Leo has his head too far up his spiritual ass to question any of his own ideas

I feel Leo is exactly the opposite of how you just described him.

I don't think this psychedelics thing benefits you this much. When you examine people with high IQ, you realize none of them are taking anything like a special drug, be it psychedelics or any supplement at all. What does that mean? That means you are just doing something else wrong. You need to find that thing. Of course, it will take a lot of time and effort. Nothing is so easy to achieve. Don't be cheap like Leo Gura says. Very similar to the process of gaining muscle. It will be very painful at first. It will be very difficult to lift even the lightest weights. But you need more patience and perseverance. Otherwise, If you keep thinking like this, constantly trying to reach perfect results without putting sufficient effort into it, you will not be able to arrive anywhere. There is no short-cut. At least, not possible when you consider today's primitive advancement of technology when compared with what artificial general intelligence could achieve once found.

@HypnoticMagician Yeah I'm totally aware of that, my question was mere curiosity but everyone seems to have misintrepeted what I asked for. Projecting and assuming on me. I just wanted to know if it is possible to fully wake up only by psychedelics, not that I would do it or that it's my path. Yet I kinda got an interesting answer

@impulse9 i agree i was enjoying leo for years until he started getting his ass into psychidelics.now he looks like he is into delusional territory.his claims like he is the most conscious being to ever exist etc are super delusional thinking.now he releases few videos on creativity and productivity which are my favaourate topic.i enjoyed pre psychidelic delusional leo .i wish he was not this delusional and produced more practical topics on creativity

56 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

I feel Leo is exactly the opposite of how you just described him.

Well, ask him whether he would question his current ideas about god, or his position about discussing it with other people. 

The more God-realized you are, the less judgmental you become. As perceived boundaries dissolve, there is less of "you", and less of "them" to judge. Eventually, you see that it is all the same Consciousness. After stepping out of the cave, and allowing your eyes to adjust, what is left to judge?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@HypnoticMagician Look into Rick Rosner's supplementation regime, supposedly he's one of the people with the highest IQ and he takes a ton of supplements and nootropics, dunno about psychedelics.

11 minutes ago, sleep said:

@HypnoticMagician Look into Rick Rosner's supplementation regime, supposedly he's one of the people with the highest IQ and he takes a ton of supplements and nootropics, dunno about psychedelics.

Well, I don't need any sort of supplement. Does this guy take any supplement or pill?

I used all kind of products during my 20s and 30s, and although drugs like acid and dimitri can be a wake up call they are not a path to enlightenment.

A lot of people get into an ego trip after tripping hard, and Frank Yang, although he seems like an honest guy, also seems completely trapped in his ego-mind. Personally I stopped watching Leo's video's after he claimed 5meo was "the way" and that nobody can ever get to that state by natural means. This is off course completely wrong and even dangerous for less stable people.

It's been 10+ years since I last took something stronger than Cannabis, and I experience the world like I'm on a light acid trip nowadays. The experience is not important, it just acts as a reminder that reality is indeed a wonderful dream..

Edited by Persipnei

16 minutes ago, HypnoticMagician said:

Well, I don't need any sort of supplement. Does this guy take any supplement or pill?

For what, for being a great mathematician? Probably not. This isn't at all what this thread is about though. 

18 minutes ago, sleep said:

For what, for being a great mathematician? Probably not. This isn't at all what this thread is about though. 

I guest how you would react to it. Well, mathematics is not something to take for granted this much. First off all, you need exceptionally laser focus even to understand the specific problem you are dealing with - let alone finding solution to the problem. Of course, meditation is not all about full concentration but be careful, you already can't perceive reality with clear lenses without completely disabling that useless mental chattering. Just being able to ignore even the most annoying thoughts without reacting are already for the beginners ;) Those mathematicians you underestimate are far above you in this regard. Just because you completely disabled all the mental chattering doesn't mean you can no longer juice the power of your subconscious mind. Instead of consecutively evoking slightly random thought and feelings, you just decide to experience any specific thought at your will, you'll instantly recall what you can't to recall as if you have put it there with your hand...

Edited by HypnoticMagician

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

All of that is bullshit.

I've gone beyond all that.

Doubt me all you want. it makes no difference. You guys are so far from God-realization it's sad.

It is completely obvious to me who knows what God is and who does not. I can listen to be teacher talk about God for 10 seconds and immediately I know he is not God-realized.

What you have to understand is that God is even dreaming up samadhi, cessation, enlightenment, no-self, nonduality, "naty state", nothingness, psychedelics, past awakenings, gurus, RASA, and whatever other spiritual bullshit you are imagining. It's all spiritual bullshit invented by you to keep yourself asleep.

Only God is real and you are not conscious of what God is.

How can I possibly know all this? Because, I'm God. You'll only understand once you realize that I'm you and that Frank Yang is some clown you've imagined :D

Basically, no one on this forum is fully God-realized. So watch out who you believe. There are many bullshitters here talking about things they don't fully comprehend.

I wish you could hear yourself talk.  You are not at peace.  That much is utterly and completely clear every time you speak.

Do you feel that feeling you have when you write posts like this?  That contracted, angry, twisted feeling where your inside voice is screaming "IIIIIII understand and THEY don't"?  Maybe you should look at what that "I" is ;)

You are not enlightened Leo.  Making up a new level beyond that and calling it "God realization" doesn't make up for the fact that you are not enlightened.  Worse, you purposefully blinded yourself to what enlightenment really is.  LEO wants to know and understand SO BAD out of some kind of deep unworthiness that Leo clings with incredible force to KNOWING.  This path is not about knowing.  And the little tautological trick you play about "being God and dreaming" is nothing short of foolish and quite stale at this point.

Sorry brah.  You'll never get there that way.  I wish you peace, but you are moving in the direction of solidifying your identification, not seeing Truth.  Good luck with that.