Gregory1

First Psychedelic Trip Ever, pls help me:)

54 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

Tomorrow I want to try psychedelics for the first time. 

I think I'll do it with mushrooms (I also have LSD but heard that mushrooms are better to start, what do you think?) 

Set: I consider myself to be an emotionally stable person, feeling good atm. 

I want to use psychedelics to find truth (if truth exists, don't know that yet), want to use tomorrow's trip to get started, get a first glimpse into what psychedelics could do for me / with me. 

Setting: My Appartment, Solo trip. Will buy food / water for the whole day tomorrow. 

What starting dose would you chose for the first trip? Should I take care of anything else, except food? Would you do mushrooms or acid? 

any other tips? Thx a lot for the help, I really appreciate it:) 

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

Hey Paul. Excellent initiative. Some tips I can give you:

1. Start low of course.
  2. Don't expect too much from your first trips, go with a mindset of testing the waters. Your sens of self can freak out when threatened, and you wanna lower the defenses progressively as you learn about every aspect of it. Internalize the fact it's a process. Even if you come face to face with Truth sooner that expected, then it's a whole other process of integration / life transformation, and ultimately union.
  3. As cheesy as it sounds, love is your compass. Go with a loving intent. Not only it will help you surrender, it will lead you to what you're seeking (spoiler, you're in this game for God, nothing less).
  4. I personally prefer LSD a lot more for spiritual work. Less visual field distortions, way easier (for me) to go insanely meta on awareness itself without distractions from inputs of other aspects of consciousness. I might be biased of course, since it's the first substance that triggered awakenings in me. It lasts longer, even though you will discover that even 8 solid hours with the absolute will pass like a flash.
  5. Lastly, treat that with respect. It takes a very mature mind to accept having its paradigms shattered. Ultimately, you will want that.
  6. Trust yourself. The purest aspect of you is the ultimate authority in the universe. I repeat, nothing anyone can say can contradict your experience. That's important, because most people are so lost. Go past that and ground yourself with the unshakable Truth that you are, period.
  7. Expect loneliness in regular consciousness states. I don't see people here talking about it very much. Chances are most people you know won't have realized anything close you will realize. You can't crack people's mind open, you most likely have to shut up about it.

More practical tips:

1. Empty stomach, mandatory. You will still trip, but lesser effects and possible nausea, especially on mushrooms. Never happened to me, but possible bad trips.
  2. Starter doses with dried mushrooms would be 1.5G for me. 125 - 150 μg for LSD, but that varies a lot from individuals. 
  3. Nothing important to do the following day. You wanna max out your integration.
  4. Maybe a trip sitter at first, just in case. But that's distracting.
  5. Offer the experience a clean mind, so maybe eat more healthy a few days prior, no mind numbing activities (social medias), these kind of things. That's pretty much it.

Check out my project's new music video about climate change issues: Day Of Change - Earth Failure (Official music video)

I would recommend Psilocybin over LSD for your first trip as that should produce a softer experience. Which you want because your first trip's agenda should be to prepare yourself for future trips. Relative to dosage, what species of mushroom do you specifically plan on taking? Because the actual concentration of Psilocybin can vary rather substantially between different mushrooms.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

17 minutes ago, JuliusCaesar said:

I would recommend Psilocybin over LSD for your first trip as that should produce a softer experience. Which you want because your first trip's agenda should be to prepare yourself for future trips. Relative to dosage, what species of mushroom do you specifically plan on taking? Because the actual concentration of Psilocybin can vary rather substantially between different mushrooms.

The mushroom is called "psilocybe cubensis", do you know it? what dosage would you recommend for complete newbie? 

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

36 minutes ago, flyingwhalee said:

Hey Paul. Excellent initiative. Some tips I can give you:

1. Start low of course.
  2. Don't expect too much from your first trips, go with a mindset of testing the waters. Your sens of self can freak out when threatened, and you wanna lower the defenses progressively as you learn about every aspect of it. Internalize the fact it's a process. Even if you come face to face with Truth sooner that expected, then it's a whole other process of integration / life transformation, and ultimately union.
  3. As cheesy as it sounds, love is your compass. Go with a loving intent. Not only it will help you surrender, it will lead you to what you're seeking (spoiler, you're in this game for God, nothing less).
  4. I personally prefer LSD a lot more for spiritual work. Less visual field distortions, way easier (for me) to go insanely meta on awareness itself without distractions from inputs of other aspects of consciousness. I might be biased of course, since it's the first substance that triggered awakenings in me. It lasts longer, even though you will discover that even 8 solid hours with the absolute will pass like a flash.
  5. Lastly, treat that with respect. It takes a very mature mind to accept having its paradigms shattered. Ultimately, you will want that.
  6. Trust yourself. The purest aspect of you is the ultimate authority in the universe. I repeat, nothing anyone can say can contradict your experience. That's important, because most people are so lost. Go past that and ground yourself with the unshakable Truth that you are, period.
  7. Expect loneliness in regular consciousness states. I don't see people here talking about it very much. Chances are most people you know won't have realized anything close you will realize. You can't crack people's mind open, you most likely have to shut up about it.

More practical tips:

1. Empty stomach, mandatory. You will still trip, but lesser effects and possible nausea, especially on mushrooms. Never happened to me, but possible bad trips.
  2. Starter doses with dried mushrooms would be 1.5G for me. 125 - 150 μg for LSD, but that varies a lot from individuals. 
  3. Nothing important to do the following day. You wanna max out your integration.
  4. Maybe a trip sitter at first, just in case. But that's distracting.
  5. Offer the experience a clean mind, so maybe eat more healthy a few days prior, no mind numbing activities (social medias), these kind of things. That's pretty much it.

Hey @flyingwhalee:)

Thank you so much for such a helpful and detailed response. 

Your tips make a lot of sense and to me sound like very good advice, thanks so much for that:)

I think I'll take these as a compass. Still wondering though weather I should take Shrooms or LSD for my first trip

Edited by Gregory1

You are Love.

28 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

The mushroom is called "psilocybe cubensis", do you know it? what dosage would you recommend for complete newbie? 

I would advise you take somewhere between 1 and 1.5 grams. At that dose, it's likely to be a good light experience. I also recommend you read the following trip report to get a general idea of what you will happen to you. Though keep in mind it'll only provide a sort of rough model since your experience will be at least slightly different.

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Experience:_1.5g_Psilocybe_Cubensis_-_Analysis_of_body_and_mind

If you decide to take LSD for your first trip(which I'd advise against) do something like 100 micro grams. And yes it's true that your mind would be clearer on LSD, it's just that Psilocybin hits the more emotional aspect of consciousness better than LSD. And consequently, it has higher recreational potential as on acid you're more likely to radically dissolve your ego and freakout. I know you're likely not doing this for pleasure, but I believe safety should be your first priority. And that of course includes your sense of mental stability. Which you're likely to miss if you go from an ordinary mortal existence straight to being God and knowing that you're imaging everything firsthand.

If you do chose to try LSD first, I'd recommend you study the following Psychonaut Wiki page in depth so you have some idea of what you're getting yourself into. But don't be frightened by my warnings, LSD is an incredibly safe substance in comparison even to many legal drugs. As long as you know that what you have truly is LSD-25, and not some other substance like an I-Nbome because you've tested your acid. And you dose appropriately, you should be fine.

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/LSD

@flyingwhalee @JuliusCaesar Thanks again for both of your great advices. I decided to go with mushrooms for the first trip and now I'm like 1 hour 15 minutes in. 

Took 1,2g.

My problem now is, literally nothing in my perception changed. I feel completely normal, can walk, talk, think, play chess, do whatever I want to do like I always can. 

Is there a problem with my mushrooms? 

Was the dosage not high enough?

Should I wait longer?

Thanks for advices.

Greetings

You are Love.

20 minutes ago, Jakuchu said:

@Gregory1 mushrooms take a bit longer to come up. give it another 15 minutes

1h 40 min, still feel nothing

You are Love.

2 hours, I guess this first "trip" was a flopxD

Could my mushrooms be bad quality?

Or could it be that I just need more. I mean, I literally feel NOTHING. I am pretty confident that that wouldn't change, even if I took 5g... 

You are Love.

6 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

I am pretty confident that that wouldn't change, even if I took 5g

Dude, 5g of real mushrooms will melt your fucking world. You will not be able to see the walls of your house.

Sounds like you got some shitty mushrooms.

Do NOT take 5g of real mushrooms.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

2 hours, I guess this first "trip" was a flopxD

Could my mushrooms be bad quality?

Or could it be that I just need more. I mean, I literally feel NOTHING. I am pretty confident that that wouldn't change, even if I took 5g... 

Either youre highly tolerant of mushies or you got fucked by your dealer. Eitherway dont jump into 5g directly, go for a 2.5 or something next time, dont get upset, its hard to dose things right, our brains are diverse. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Not planning to do that. But I guess I could take 5g of the mushrooms I got..

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah... I guess next time I'll go with LSD. Would you have any objections against LSD for a newbie? @Leo Gura

You are Love.

17 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Either youre highly tolerant of mushies or you got fucked by your dealer. Eitherway dont jump into 5g directly, go for a 2.5 or something next time, dont get upset, its hard to dose things right, our brains are diverse. 

Thanks for your advice. I guess my mushrooms are shit or Idk.

Edited by Leo Gura
No sourcing

You are Love.

22 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

Thanks for your advice. I guess my mushrooms are shit or Idk. I got them from here by the way; Does anybody have any experience with them? REDACTED

Z*mn*sia is a trustworthy site since its from Netherlands where this stuff is legal but please dont link sources, its against guidelines. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

17 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

But I guess I could take 5g of the mushrooms I got..

That is a bad idea.

You don't just multiply your dose by 5x when one trip doesn't go as you wanted. This is the definition of stupid tripping protocol. You will ruin yourself by pulling a stunt like that in the future.

You have to be much more patient.

Try one tab of your LSD. And stop being impatient.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That is a bad idea.

You don't just multiply your dose by 5x when one trip doesn't go as you wanted. This is the definition of stupid tripping protocol. You will ruin yourself by pulling a stunt like that in the future.

You have to be much more patient.

Try one tab of your LSD. And stop being impatient.

Thanks for your advice Leo. I'll then go with the 1 tab LSD (100ug) next time.

Also thx for pointing out my recklessness. I'll try to pace myself.

You are Love.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Dude, 5g of real mushrooms will melt your fucking world. You will not be able to see the walls of your house.

I went from 2g to 4g of golden teacher. It was so intense. Everything was coming to an end in the most solipsistic way. No other, no universe, no reality. I remember cursing at you. 1 year later and am still recovering 

But the good news is, many things were realised in that single trip including that I am teotl