Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Illusory Self

Why do people reject being God

26 posts in this topic

When you say you are God to someone and have even had direct experience of such a thing, why is it that they reject it and say you are a part of God?

Is it just because the word God has gotten very twisted definitions over the years?

People are much more accepting to the fact that you are Love. You are the Universe. When it comes to you are God, it seems to be that they can only see themselves as being a part of God. I genuinely do not understand this.

What is it about the word God that people cannot see themselves being?

@Illusory Self This game is masterfully designed for you to forget you are god. Even if you awaken it will continually attempt to draw you back into falling asleep. I see people limiting belief's or distorted concepts of god as just part of the game. 

Plenty of reasons and a good thing to contemplate. God is a really loaded term.

My grandparents for example are roman catholic... They think calling yourself God is way to egoic and selfish. You are a sinner you know.. :D

Saying you are God is only acceptable in the right contexts I think. Be mindful.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Well, the human experience would be very different if they knew their true identity. There are many other reasons mind you, like the fact that humans have a hard time accepting they're creating all things including those they find evil or displease them. It's mostly a problem of ego, if you desire to think of it as a problem. To quote Plato “No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

2 hours ago, Illusory Self said:

When you say you are God to someone and have even had direct experience of such a thing

When you say you're God, you're lying. You only have a memory (if even) of that. It's not actual.

God is just the personification of a hopeful answer of where this is going and how it might turn out well for me. I am God is a realization that can actually be achieved but in the end it's just what appears to happen, as in it merely appears / is only apparent, as is everything. God also points to liberation, and I can't tell you what that is, it can only be pointed to, and you're inevitably not going to like it: liberation is the end of any remote possibility of ever becoming liberated or finding anything of value -- and even that's just a pointing, it's not a real description of what this is; it's only apparent.

Apart from the dream, there will never come a time when you can actually knowingly say "I am enlightened," because by definition it's the end of the one who knows, by virtue of it never having been real in the first place. You won't be there to notice your own absence; there's no knowing of the absence of the one who never was -- there isn't any possibility of the realization of what's already the case. No practice leads to liberation, which is, said another way: what's already always appearing to be, for no reason. There's absolutely no escape from a nonexistent prison. You could say it's the end of knowing or becoming anything, but it doesn't happen to anyone.

There are all kinds of practices and substances that can apparently lead to the realization of God and infinity -- witnessing, self-inquiry, LSD, and many others. But it's all within the dream, which is neither wrong nor right but it is what it is -- fuel for the sense of separation from everything. Everything (the infinite; all there is) = nothing, appearing to be.

Edited by The0Self

Non-dual vs. Dual understanding. 

"I am God" seems perfectly fine, when read through a 'non-dual' lens. (of course you are, everything is!)

"I am God" seems blasphemous to those who imagine they are separate from God. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

33 minutes ago, The0Self said:

God is just the personification of a hopeful answer of where this is going and how it might turn out well for me. I am God is a realization that can actually be achieved but in the end it's just what appears to happen, as in it merely appears / is only apparent, as is everything. God also points to liberation, and I can't tell you what that is, it can only be pointed to, and you're inevitably not going to like it: liberation is the end of any remote possibility of ever becoming liberated or finding anything of value -- and even that's just a pointing, it's not a real description of what this is; it's only apparent.

Apart from the dream, there will never come a time when you can actually knowingly say "I am enlightened," because by definition it's the end of the one who knows, by virtue of it never having been real in the first place. You won't be there to notice your own absence; there's no knowing of the absence of the one who never was -- there isn't any possibility of the realization of what's already the case. No practice leads to liberation, which is, said another way: what's already always appearing to be, for no reason. There's absolutely no escape from a nonexistent prison. You could say it's the end of knowing or becoming anything, but it doesn't happen to anyone.

This is resonating with me on such a deep level.
And to even say that there is a me which is being resonated with
is already this nothing-ness trying to describe itself, imagine itself or
portray itself. And that is how the pencil of imagination is creating what it is drawing.
Perfect middle-point in the Infinity symbol, where all the magic is.

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

33 minutes ago, Vincent S said:

This is resonating with me on such a deep level.
And to even say that there is a me which is being resonated with

:) Yeah, if it resonates, it's not resonating with anything. The resonance is something else other than exclusively what is or is not -- which is to say the resonance is what is and is not. And not even that xD

The brick wall: what isn't is; what is isn't.

Edited by The0Self

9 minutes ago, The0Self said:

:) Yeah, if it resonates, it's not resonating with anything. The resonance is something else other than exclusively what is or is not -- which is to say the resonance is what is and is not. And not even that xD

The brick wall: what isn't is; what is isn't.

<3

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

2 minutes ago, Vincent S said:

<3

If there already seems to be some resonance there, perhaps this illogical pointer may robustly resonate, or not, and it doesn't matter:

The longing for something just around the corner is actually always the longing for exactly whatever already appears to be happening.

All is more well than can possibly be understood or imagined. :)

Because its death. Reality stops being real. Who would want to accept such a thing? At least the ego doesnt. 

21 minutes ago, The0Self said:

If there already seems to be some resonance there, perhaps this illogical pointer may robustly resonate, or not, and it doesn't matter:

The longing for something just around the corner is actually always the longing for exactly whatever already appears to be happening.

All is more well than can possibly be understood or imagined. 

*nods* <3

6 hours ago, Illusory Self said:

What is it about the word God that people cannot see themselves being?

It feels like blasphemy to them. But the true blasphemy is disowning your self, your power, your nature. But I agree with @Thought Art context is everything. It is important to be dynamic. 

Edited by Gianna

Too much responsibility, and not enough conscious awareness. How can a person be expected to accept that everything is their doing? It’s incredibly daunting/absurd/threatening depending on one’s level of awareness to hear such a thing.

3 hours ago, The0Self said:

there will never come a time when you can actually knowingly say "I am enlightened," because by definition it's the end of the one who knows, by virtue of it never having been real in the first place. You won't be there to notice your own absence; there's no knowing of the absence of the one who never was -- there isn't any possibility of the realization of what's already the case.

This is beautiful. 

nothing, appearing to be

ahh. :x

liberation is the end of any remote possibility of ever becoming liberated or finding anything of value

When you say "finding anything of value" do you mean that it is beyond value because it simply is? Because at the same time, it's kind of a miracle that there IS... to begin with <3  that nothing appears to be. 

2 minutes ago, Gianna said:

When you say "finding anything of value" do you mean that it is beyond value because it simply is? Because at the same time, it's kind of a miracle that there IS... to begin with <3  that nothing appears to be.

You could say that. There's nothing to find because there's only everything, which is unknowable. What you are is ungraspable.

52 minutes ago, Gianna said:

But the true blasphemy is disowning your self, your power, your nature. 

Love this! ?

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan