Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vibroverse

The Ontological Status of Psychedelics

4 posts in this topic

I'm definitely not against psychedelics at all, not one bit at all, because i also used them a lot a few years ago, and for a few years I've not been using them for various reasons. I totally agree that they, like, completely changed my perception of reality, like completely. It helped me realize that i am the one, that i am all that is, really. However, the thing that makes me feel confused, in a sense, is when you take psychedelics, you realize that you have actually not taken psychedelics at all, because you realize that all of this is an illusion, all of this, in a sense, is a dream and so you've taken the socalled psychedelics, in that sense, in your dream really.

Like you've imagined something called, say, lsd and then you imagine taking it, and therefore, perhaps, you might be imagining the effect that it creates on you. Now, of course, in a sense, we can say that the dream, in a sense, has layers and layers and layers to it, and, in a certain perspective, this obviously is true, otherwise those substances would not give me those experiences. But, ultimately speaking, was it not really me giving myself those experiences through imagining something called that substance?

Haven't i, at least, like, subconsciously, imagined it and its effects on my socalled biology and body through the socalled chemical whatevers and so forth? In short, haven't i actually made up a substance out of thin air really, which i believed would give me a fantastic experience and realization, and put it in my body and brain, which also are made up out of thin air, from consciousness and imagination, and believed, in a sense, myself into having that awakening "through" those substances?

Edited by Vibroverse

It's not just your subconscious. Your mind including the subconscious elements are appearances inside of "it". You don't have control over an infinity.

Analogous to a dream, you're the character in the dream and there's a landscape around you. Both are unreal and are just the dreamer's mind.

Well this is the same setup except the dreamer isn't a thing or deity etc it's just an infinity.

This is not unique to psychedelics. If I throw a rock at your head and it hurts you, you are imaging that rock hurting you.

There is no ontological difference between a psychedelic and a rock. Only the delusion of materialism has fooled you otherwise.

It's all made out of thin air. Even air is made out of thin air.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is not unique to psychedelics. If I throw a rock at your head and it hurts you, you are imaging that rock hurting you.

There is no ontological difference between a psychedelic and a rock. Only the delusion of materialism has fooled you otherwise.

It's all made out of thin air. Even air is made out of thin air.

Yeah, you clearly are right, it all is a dream.