Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PepperBlossoms

How to Stop Rejecting Stuff

8 posts in this topic

How does one stop rejecting things?

How to be okay with everything?  It seems that we pick one thing which is then a rejection of everything we did not pick.  To survive, we decide to pick those choices which would not lead to death.

Yes on the absolute sense nothing is rejecting anything.  But on the relative sense it is - even though there may be no control that we are rejecting but we have the illusion that we think we are in control.

The rejection causes pain but at the same time, to not reject can also cause pain.

(Edit - yes this does relate to Leo and Curt's discussion)

Edited by PepperBlossoms

first to say this can't be done completely else you would be dead

the relative answer then is to stop thinking you have control and that you need control ... exercise fewer decisions by choosing default options

it doesn't matter what you do!

what counts is how you do

let god choose while you approve

dad knows best

you go along for the ride

every second every scenario is flawless

Edited by gettoefl

Simply by rejecting rejection. 

Edited by Focus

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

I feel like I want to be okay with the "now" but I've been getting more not okay with stuff.

I used to not think about or care about lots of aspects of reality and now that I've noticed more things that are cruel and harmful, I am rejecting those things.  I used to not think about animal meat or how my country treats immigrants or what types of projects my company was involved with such as (oil and gas, military, fast food, etc.), religion, the school system, how bugs are treated, etc.

It is hard to be okay with stuff when you see that it is hurting other stuff and doesn't have to be that way.  How does one stop judging and say - oh it is okay to be killing cows and bombing people and injecting tribal mindsets into students?  

How does one stop focusing on the past story and just stay within the tiny bubble of now - like when playing a video game and you have a light source wherever you go and so to dial that light source back so that it isn't projected so far into a future or past but rather confined to the present?

I was trying to focus on "everything is okay right now" 

But then - can I still take a job that has some part of it in military? can I still go to a restaurant that serves meat?  Even if I say dropped my job and worked at a school - the school serves meat to the students!  You can't win.

But then it was like - oh there is no me, it is a hollow vessel - and the other people I talk to and the animals I want to fight for - they too are hollow vessels.  But yet the vessels experience pain.

But even if I fight for bugs for instance, bugs are still killers in that they kill other bugs; some animals are also killers of killing other animals.

To even say, oh I won't work at a company that has any involvement with oil and gas - I will work on improving roadways - well those roadways are driven by oil and gas cars; or oh I can go into healthcare - but then my patients are the ones that are eating the animals and working in oil and gas - - one does not win.  everyone is evil and everyone is good.

Or even - oh I will find a company that is super conscious but then, hey my tax dollars are going to a country that emits lots of oil and gas and bombs lots of people.  Do I have to then move to a different country?  Or even my state - it treats the immigrants horribly and has taken away women's rights and is one of the top for oil and gas - - so how can I support this state and work here to help it flourish when it does those things?  But then that is unconditional love to say I will only love it for xyz but not if it does abc?

Edited by PepperBlossoms

There is then low consciousness when you zoom out macro and when you zoom in micro- but then to twist the situation and say - none of it matters - the rock doesn't care how the giraffe is treated - - or is the rock low conscious and so that is why it doesn't care?

The sun doesn't care about the planets.  Or is the sun low conscious?

The whole notion of caring is based on feeling pain and the idea of survival and is a technology living creatures made up.

The story about the "I" needing to do the "right thing" is what "I" am "struggling" with-- I guess needing to work on ego and getting rid of that so that there is no need to do the "right" thing - as that is an ego thing.  The ego wants to be in the right.

So I just have to accept that I will be evil in some way or another, whether that is by the company I work at, the country I live in, the grocery store I shop at (which sells dead animals=meat), the electronics/clothing I buy (which uses low wage labor), etc.

But then why bother doing consciousness stuff if it just makes one more aware of all of one's evils and then one is like - well I guess I will just not work and sit on the couch all day because anything I do is going to harm other stuff.  Even to sit on the couch, I could accidentally squish a spider... It is impossible!!

I am a descendant of killing of animals killing other animals - so does that make me bad?

Religion and school messed us up with the whole notion of good and evil.  But we can still try to make things as good for as many things as possible.

Edited by PepperBlossoms

An ego can't be in the right when everything is evil and love

Teachers - push their perspective and rules and notion of correct and incorrect onto the students

Doctors - charge insanely high prices and make a whole lot more than everyone else; insurance rips people off; drugs get people addicted and reliant, keeps people who do evil stuff alive

Engineers - polluting environment, killing animals/bugs/trees, taking away habitat, species loss

Accountants - financing for corruption to keep on happening

Construction workers - building something that is aiding stuff that could be destroying other stuff

Teachers - introducing topics to students, getting them to think

Doctors - keeps people alive

Engineers - creates infrastructure for people

Accountants - creates money system for people

Construction workers - creates infrastructure for people

The jobs are all people oriented mostly as people pay people for people stuff

When you are thinking a thought that causes you pain, you are embracing the thought, not rejecting it. You already never reject anything. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost