Vision

Second Round of Antimicrobials for SIBO

3 posts in this topic

So I started my second round of antimicrobials 2 days ago.

The first round was 6 weeks of Allicin + Berberine.

I took a 2-week break in between to prevent clinical resistance. This time, I am doing Allicin + Oregano Oil Capsules. It seems like Oregano Oil capsules irritate my eczema, but I'm not 100% sure whether it really is - does anyone know if it could do so? Just to experiment, I'm thinking about swapping it with something else. 

What other alternatives do I have? I know about neem, but what should I look for when buying it? What brand? 

Also, what are the advantages and disadvantages of;

• Taking 3 antimicrobials during a round of treatment?
  • Taking L-Glutamine and Quercetin during a round of treatment?
Edited by Vision
Added questions

I'd probably start with retesting and comparing results to your first breath tests just to see if round 1 was any successful. If not, you may need to swap around the antimicrobials. I'd even consider speaking to a herbalist to create a powerful antimicrobial blend for you. These things work better in synergy than isolated and you need a master in herbs to really know what to use and when and in what amounts. 

I've had decent results elsewhere with SIBO using a combination of goldenseal, wormwood, oregano oil and psylium + strong probiotics in combination with a strict 100% LF diet and later on some gut-maintenance protocol. 

5 hours ago, Vision said:

I know about neem, but what should I look for when buying it? What brand? 

I wouldn't just throw random stuff at it. Get a strong blend from a good herbalist. Herbs on their own are usually not that expensive. 

5 hours ago, Vision said:

Taking L-Glutamine and Quercetin during a round of treatment?

These are excellent in the second phase once the antimicrobials have been finished. If you suspect a degree of intestinal permeability, then glutamine has by far the best evidence out there. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 24/09/2021 at 9:05 PM, Michael569 said:

I'd probably start with retesting and comparing results to your first breath tests just to see if round 1 was any successful. If not, you may need to swap around the antimicrobials. I'd even consider speaking to a herbalist to create a powerful antimicrobial blend for you. These things work better in synergy than isolated and you need a master in herbs to really know what to use and when and in what amounts. 

@Michael569 I don't think it is fully resolved as I still have symptoms. But they have improved, so I think progress was made. 

I've had decent results elsewhere with SIBO using a combination of goldenseal, wormwood, oregano oil and psylium + strong probiotics in combination with a strict 100% LF diet and later on some gut-maintenance protocol. 

Does LF stand for Low FODMAP? 

Is the psyllium husk supposed to be used alongside the antimicrobials? Or afterward?

These are excellent in the second phase once the antimicrobials have been finished. If you suspect a degree of intestinal permeability, then glutamine has by far the best evidence out there. 

What if they are used alongside the antimicrobials? Would there be any downsides or advantages?