Vision

Second Round of Antimicrobials for SIBO

3 posts in this topic

So I started my second round of antimicrobials 2 days ago.

The first round was 6 weeks of Allicin + Berberine.

I took a 2-week break in between to prevent clinical resistance. This time, I am doing Allicin + Oregano Oil Capsules. It seems like Oregano Oil capsules irritate my eczema, but I'm not 100% sure whether it really is - does anyone know if it could do so? Just to experiment, I'm thinking about swapping it with something else. 

What other alternatives do I have? I know about neem, but what should I look for when buying it? What brand? 

Also, what are the advantages and disadvantages of;

  • Taking 3 antimicrobials during a round of treatment?
  • Taking L-Glutamine and Quercetin during a round of treatment?
Edited by Vision
Added questions

“Watch your thoughts, they become your words; watch your words, they become your actions; watch your actions, they become your habits; watch your habits, they become your character; watch your character, it becomes your destiny.” ― Lao Tzu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd probably start with retesting and comparing results to your first breath tests just to see if round 1 was any successful. If not, you may need to swap around the antimicrobials. I'd even consider speaking to a herbalist to create a powerful antimicrobial blend for you. These things work better in synergy than isolated and you need a master in herbs to really know what to use and when and in what amounts. 

I've had decent results elsewhere with SIBO using a combination of goldenseal, wormwood, oregano oil and psylium + strong probiotics in combination with a strict 100% LF diet and later on some gut-maintenance protocol. 

5 hours ago, Vision said:

I know about neem, but what should I look for when buying it? What brand? 

I wouldn't just throw random stuff at it. Get a strong blend from a good herbalist. Herbs on their own are usually not that expensive. 

5 hours ago, Vision said:

Taking L-Glutamine and Quercetin during a round of treatment?

These are excellent in the second phase once the antimicrobials have been finished. If you suspect a degree of intestinal permeability, then glutamine has by far the best evidence out there. 


My Website - I'm a certified holistic nutritionist. I help men & women who struggle with low energy, mental health, low mood & gut health problems. I also offer a guided detox/cleanse programme. DM me if you'd like to chat in 100% confidence about anything you're currently experiencing. 

Free E-Books -  Learn how to take control of your fatigue, brain fog and improve your health and nutrition
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/09/2021 at 9:05 PM, Michael569 said:

I'd probably start with retesting and comparing results to your first breath tests just to see if round 1 was any successful. If not, you may need to swap around the antimicrobials. I'd even consider speaking to a herbalist to create a powerful antimicrobial blend for you. These things work better in synergy than isolated and you need a master in herbs to really know what to use and when and in what amounts. 

@Michael569 I don't think it is fully resolved as I still have symptoms. But they have improved, so I think progress was made. 
 

On 24/09/2021 at 9:05 PM, Michael569 said:

I've had decent results elsewhere with SIBO using a combination of goldenseal, wormwood, oregano oil and psylium + strong probiotics in combination with a strict 100% LF diet and later on some gut-maintenance protocol. 

Does LF stand for Low FODMAP? 

Is the psyllium husk supposed to be used alongside the antimicrobials? Or afterward?
 

On 24/09/2021 at 9:05 PM, Michael569 said:

These are excellent in the second phase once the antimicrobials have been finished. If you suspect a degree of intestinal permeability, then glutamine has by far the best evidence out there. 

What if they are used alongside the antimicrobials? Would there be any downsides or advantages?


“Watch your thoughts, they become your words; watch your words, they become your actions; watch your actions, they become your habits; watch your habits, they become your character; watch your character, it becomes your destiny.” ― Lao Tzu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now