Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Endangered-EGO

Are you a jhana junkie?

13 posts in this topic

According to Daniel Ingram, a lot of very advanced spiritual seekers get trapped in the formless jhanas and meditate on it for hours every day and can't let go of it. He mentioned that someone he knew spent 20 years in infinite consciousness, without realising that he is in a prison and nobody could tell him that it's a trap because he wouldn't want to accept it. The issue is apparently that those states of consciousness fade away and the addiction is to always get a shot of some consciousness-juice every morning or once in a while.

I don't think I'm a jhana junkie anymore, but I sure as hell was addicted to meditative-highs and changes in perception. Just something to think about.

30 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

I don't think I'm a jhana junkie anymore, but I sure as hell was addicted to meditative-highs and changes in perception. Just something to think about.

I want my meditative highs to become baseline. I suppose I'm worse than a jhana junkie xD

10 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

I want my meditative highs to become baseline. I suppose I'm worse than a jhana junkie xD

@GreenWoods But that's exactly how a junkie feels:" I wish I could have the best high all the time and enjoy life to the fullest"

It's like a heroin addict who wants a constant IV drip of heroin hahahaha

15 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@GreenWoods But that's exactly how a junkie feels:" I wish I could have the best high all the time and enjoy life to the fullest"

It's like a heroin addict who wants a constant IV drip of heroin hahahaha

Haha that's true.

Though actually, my main reason for increasing my baseline is to become able to give strong transmissions. My goal is to be able to give transmissions that put you in nondual consciousness, regardless of your sensitivity or spiritual maturity. This is possible, and I know how to get there.

Edited by GreenWoods

@GreenWoods Please tell me more about it. I'm aware that most of the psychic and mahasamadi happen at the 4th jhana, but I'm too much of a pussy to increase karma in this universe.

I also don't want psychic powers to ruin the game and I might still be too immature for it. I would confuse and impress people all the time with it.

What's the easiest psychic ability to try? So I know where to start.

1 hour ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@GreenWoods Please tell me more about it.

Sure. But I'm not sure whether I understand everything you wrote.

I'm too much of a pussy to increase karma in this universe.

What do you mean with that?

I also don't want psychic powers to ruin the game.

How would they ruin the game?

That depends on your natural tendencies.

The way I see it, there are 2 main psychic abilities. 

1. Psychic perception. Being able to perceive psychic stuff. That includes: empathy, clairvoyance, seeing the future, seeing and hearing spirits, Intuition, tarot, telepathy, remote viewing...
  2. Psychic will power. That includes: Manifestation, telekinesis, levitation, psychic healing, turning water into wine,...

By training one of the 2 basic psychic powers, you improve in all of its subpowers.

The more you try to do a psychic power (like trying to be able to see spirits), the better you get at it. Like with any skill.

But the most powerful way to improve psychic abilities is by invoking a spirit that has the power to increase one's psychic abilities. Like for example archangel Raziel. You would ideally summon and invoke that spirit every day for months. If you are not able to summon a spirit with your intention alone, you can try some methods like those from Damon Brand's archangel book. These methods work, but if you are not yet skilled enough, you won't perceive anything. But that changes overtime.

Edited by GreenWoods

Joshu earnestly asked Nansen, “What is the Way?” Nansen answered, “Ordinary mind is the Way.”

Hanging out in the jhanas has a profound recontextualization like effect when deeply explored with detachment. The only real viable way to explore states is while understanding with crystal clarity that no state, no matter how profound, is it. Truth is just as actual now as any and all moments. So why practice at all? Interesting question.

I think the most common psychic ability is empathy.

The next easiest to learn is maybe being abel to feel the energy of transmissions (when you are given a transmission).  The easiest way to improve that ability is by receiving many transmissions.

The next easiest is maybe being able to sense spirits. Which is learnt by trying to summon and perceive spirits. For that, books like those from Damon Brand.

All 3 of these are in the category of psychic perception.

Considering I’ve been addicted to multiple drugs in my life, and after becoming adept at jhanas I never even slightly became addicted to them, I’d say jhana addiction is exceedingly, stupid rare.

@The0Self how did you become adept to jhanas? Through concentration practices?

I've done many meditation practices, but find concentration practices the most difficult...

11 minutes ago, herghly said:

@The0Self how did you become adept to jhanas? Through concentration practices?

I've done many meditation practices, but find concentration practices the most difficult...

TMI, TWIM, all kinds of experimentations in open-heartedness and playing with and cultivating positive sensations that built up like a fire... Total story... but yeah that’s how I would’ve described it at the time. There’s no real I though so it’s meaningless to even partake in these threads I’m just chiming in for no reason. Any spiritual tips feed the seeking energy, which is neither wrong nor right, but it is what it is.