Onecirrus

Got fired from my new wage-slave job today

5 posts in this topic

I swear it's like every time I think I'm starting to escape, I get sucked right back into it again. This year has been nothing but one failed endeavor after another. Escaping wage-slavery feels like a long arduous journey where every single step is a long arduous journey. I regret to admit a small part of me doubts if its even actually possible. I've tried sharing my ambitions with others but I find it so disturbing that absolutely no one I have ever met has ever seriously entertained the possibility of having so much wealth that one can live totally as one pleases. Like, there mind literally cannot fathom it, you might as well be talking about martians or something.

I guess I would just like to end this post by thanking Leo and everyone else who has ever transcended the miasmic, soul-crushing, mediocre standard of life that the vast plurality of this poor planet is drowning in. Histories greatest and brightest have inspired me to dedicate my entire life to building a life worth living.

We are such a gifted species, yet we've used our gifts so foolishly. I think humans are the most beautiful and wonderful of all of natures creations, yet I also despise them for wasting such awesome potential and dragging me into this neo-fuedal dark age society where I have to rent out my own body to others just to eat. May God help us all!

12 minutes ago, Onecirrus said:

feels like a long arduous journey where every single step is a long arduous journey.

Enjoy the journey.  The journey is all there is.

I feel like to escape wage slavery, paradoxically, first you have to be able to just put up with working a job.

To get fired from a new job after days/weeks/a couple months you have to really screw up or have a pretty bad attitude. If you can't just grin and bear it for even a short period of time, that seems like an ego problem to me. People who get too much in the "I don't want to be a wage slave" mindset and have distain for any kind of employment can come off as a "holier-than-thou" jerk even if they lack any sort of skills or experience.

If you can't suck it up and work a regular job for more than a few months, you probably lack the discipline to start a business or anything necessary to escape wage slavery.

Wage slavery is WACK. Haha. Ive been fired from every job i have ever had. And its not even because I'm a shitty worker.