Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
r0ckyreed

External Reality and Object Permanence Exists: There is no proof that it doesn't

23 posts in this topic

On 9/23/2021 at 3:05 PM, Guru Fat Bastard said:

This may be relevent. Pretty comical too xD

?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

On 9/23/2021 at 8:24 PM, r0ckyreed said:

What the Universe is to me is based off my sensations, thoughts, stories, and experiences.

❤ ?

Do sensations, thoughts, stories, and experiences equal a ME having them?

Or do they just seem to happen?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

9 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Where is experience located? Whenever I look at a rock for instance, I assume there is no experience for a rock, but when I look at a human (notice the distinction), then I assume that the object human I am looking at experiences and thinks. It is interesting how the mind makes these distinctions that moving objects like ants, snakes, dogs, and humans have experiences but non-moving objects like rocks and plants don’t. 

Where does “my” awareness end and “your” awareness begin? When I look at a human, where is there experience occurring? Most people would assume that the seat of their experience is behind their eyes and in their head/brain. When I look at a human, I honestly think there experience of me is behind their skull, which is my appearance of them.

When I look for my head, all I see is the world.  This makes me wonder how we each perceive reality differently. For instance, someone else can spot something that I overlooked. Does that mean that it didn’t exist and that I imagined another person who I imagine saw what I didn’t imagine? What about the apparent differences in qualia? Two people can experience colors differently and other people can have extra sensory experiences. How do we explain this?

It's located nowhere, it's not inside space. The vessel through which experience takes place is located in space just as it is in a dream. But the experience itself is not.

If awareness is nothing there can't possibly be any boundary because you can't divide nothing. And therefore awareness is singular. The mind is like the camcorder lens awareness is looking through which is your mind. Your mind likes to believe it owns the awareness.