Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob Seeker

Should newbies be authentic in pickup

7 posts in this topic

If I have somewhat feminine voice or mannerisms and a sort of childlike-ness, and also don’t have that much confidence, should I “be authentic” or use a deeper voice and act more confident than I feel, and use more masculine mannerisms?

im more attracted to feminine women.

would I have to keep up the act or just try to permanently become more masculine?

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

I would suggest that you be 90-95 % your authentic, current self and 5-10 % trying to implement new things to move in a certain direction.

I mean you could also just be your current self forever, though if you lack certain characteristics of masculinity then the percentage of girls you'll be able to attract is lower compared to when you are more masculine. 

So it depends on what you want. Being liked by less girls by being a rather feminine man or changing yourself to be liked by more girls by being more masculine.

Also the childlike-ness if it is over the top will likely limit your succes with women.

I just wouldn't call it "playing a role" though. You probably have masculinity in you already. I don't know your background, but maybe your masculinity has been educated out of you, but was actually there.

Anyway, our personalities are more fluid than most people think, so you can actually become more masculine (if you want to), like someone who is introverted can become more extraverted if they practice socializing.

Don't take it too far though, thinking that you always have to be hyper alpha and dominate everything, this is where it can get toxic.

you can change things in your body over time by practicing and that include your voice. so if you can change, try your best to do so.

but if you can't change something about you like being short or an ugly face try to accept it 100% and be confident about 'em.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

16 hours ago, Bob Seeker said:

If I have somewhat feminine voice or mannerisms and a sort of childlike-ness

This is not your authentic self, though. It's a survival strategy you've adapted a long time ago, in exchange for acceptance and safety from conflict.

It's called a "feminine shield".

I'm making this assumption because you say you're attracted to feminine women, which means you probably have a masculine essence buried under that feminine shield of voice and mannerisms.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/