DVL

Matrix Movies with Ken Wilber Commentary

13 posts in this topic

I do not know if many people know about this, but I have discovered recently that the matrix trilogy has been commented on by Dr. Cornel West & Ken Wilber because Wachowski's are not commenting on their movies.

It is accepted publicly that the first movie is classic and other two are shit,  but after that commentary, you will be absolutely blown away. It seems that this trilogy is much deeper than most people think.

In general Ken Wilber's interpretation says that you must understand this trilogy as a whole. And everything gets clear in the last 20 minutes of the 3rd movie. 

For example, if you are like me you would think that Morpheus is like an awakened guru guiding Neo, but he is actually a dogmatic believer in Ken Wilber's interpretation. And most people think that outside the matrix is a real-world and matrix is a simulation, but it is much deeper I will spoil you a little bit.

I highly recommend everyone to watch this commentary.  Here is a youtube link which only is about the first part and not full I think because of the length:

The full version of all 3 movies is in Ultimate Matrix Collection set:

https://matrix.fandom.com/wiki/Ultimate_Matrix_Collection

Edited by DVL

I thought the second Matrix movie was so bad that I could never get myself to watch the third one. Loved the first one though, pretty mindblowing back in the 90s and obviously it had a big impact on Hollywood.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

27 minutes ago, vizual said:

I thought the second Matrix movie was so bad that I could never get myself to watch the third one. Loved the first one though, pretty mindblowing back in the 90s and obviously it had a big impact on Hollywood.

I was thinking second and third was shit even I have watched all 3 movies twice in my life. Maybe you will not love this movies after Ken Wilber's commentary, but you will understand the movie in general if you little bit heard about nonduality. If you care to understand the movie I suggest watching all 3 with Ken Wilber's commentary. It is impossible to understand this trilogy from the first movie. It is not good versus evil as it seems in the first movie for example

Edited by DVL

Ooooo Cornel West and Ken Wilber are friends? That might explain why Michael Brooks knew about Integral Theory.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

People like to use the 'Matrix', waking up to the 'real' word, for an analogy for  awakening. If the filmmakers really wanted to do the analogy for Awakening justice, the series would end with the Matrix itself waking up to the fact that the Matrix is all that exists. Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, the war with the machines, and the 'real' world, all happened within the Matrix (the matrix representing consciousness). It ends with the Matrix realizing that it will be creating iterations of 'The One', and they're adventures, for eternity.

I have no idea what the fuck people are talking about. The 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies are good movies and not bad by any means. People just want to seem cool by unconsciously jumping in the dog pile?

The Matrix trilogy is likely the best set of science fiction movies made to date.

Yes even better than Star Wars, I love Star Wars and they are fun movies, but it's mostly just a simple hero's journey tale talking place in a science fiction backdrop.

The Matrix on the other hand has way more complex implications that dives into real world issues and ties a lot of philosophy in as well.

hrhrhtewgfegege

8 hours ago, Sempiternity said:

People like to use the 'Matrix', waking up to the 'real' word, for an analogy for  awakening. If the filmmakers really wanted to do the analogy for Awakening justice, the series would end with the Matrix itself waking up to the fact that the Matrix is all that exists. Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, the war with the machines, and the 'real' world, all happened within the Matrix (the matrix representing consciousness). It ends with the Matrix realizing that it will be creating iterations of 'The One', and they're adventures, for eternity.

I am telling you do not understand the movie. Neither do I, but with Ken's interpretation, it makes sense. Thing is that the matrix represents the mind, Zeon represents the body and machine world a spirit world and they are represented with colors: green, blue and gold. At the end of 3rd movie, Neo is enlightened in all three worlds.

11 hours ago, DVL said:

I am telling you do not understand the movie. Neither do I, but with Ken's interpretation, it makes sense. Thing is that the matrix represents the mind, Zeon represents the body and machine world a spirit world and they are represented with colors: green, blue and gold. At the end of 3rd movie, Neo is enlightened in all three worlds.

Of course I understand the movies. I think you misunderstand what I was saying. Not that that interpretation is what I think the movies are actually about, but a fun possibility of a direction to go in for the end of the series. To use the Matrix as an analogy for true Nonduality, that consciousness is all that exists, and this bubble of reality is all that there is. Anywho, just having fun playing with conceptual ideas. 

This thread made me want to watch the movies over again, so I got through the first one last night. I remember many great scenes from watching the films before, but this one really stuck out last night.

Morpheus explains to Neo something that I think is quite analogous to the ego work that we talk about here and other personal development spheres generally - He explains that most people are too dependent and buried in the very system that keeps them deluded, and that they aren't ready to be "woken" up to the nature of their reality. They will actually fight to defend their ignorance. It's remarkable how true this is in the real world.

You can hand someone gold, and they will throw shit back at you.

hrhrhtewgfegege

Planning on rewatching the series, and watching these commentaries for the first time before the 4th one comes out.