EntheogenTruthSeeker

Legalization of Psychedelics seems like the only solution

12 posts in this topic

I mean it’s sad because so many people are sick and mentally sick and are open to trying these things, but it’s so hard to get access. Meanwhile, all the things that toxify your body are readily available and marketed as solutions. 

it seems like the only way for society to evolve and not be so sick is for inspiration tools like this. I know this is Leo parroting, but this is felt to my core. 

even though I’m not healthy, at least I have inspirational moments to look back on to keep the progress up. I can’t imagine how fucking hopeless people feel. Nothing more than toxic material existence. 

perhaps I’m going to go to legalizing effort communities because just talking about nonduality and psychedelics is not enough for me. We need political action, hardcore. 

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

36 minutes ago, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

it seems like the only way for society to evolve

It's would certainly have to strongest impact on the collective mind of society. 

What Leo said at the end of this latest episode sounded exactly like what Terence McKenna used to say; that psychedelics are the only way to transform society as rapidly as is currently necessary. 

Edited by Tim R

41 minutes ago, Tim R said:

It's would certainly have to strongest impact on the collective mind of society. 

What Leo said at the end of this latest episode sounded exactly like what Terence McKenna used to say; that psychedelics are the only way to transform society as rapidly as is currently necessary. 

yeah, been listening to his chill step stuff terrance McKenna. Most eloquent sort of snobby intellectual ever heard, lol. 

You should check out the song: Northlane - Singularity : discovered this when I was 15 and was my first spiritual awakening on Vyvanse. This started my Truth seeking without me knowing it. I have goosebumps listening and thinking back. 2 years later, I discover Leo. 

In most European countries, psilocybe, 5meo, lsd analogues, are legal, but almost no one is interested in them. hardly anyone knows that they are even legal. Even the most intelligent and cultured people don't even know what the ego is, the transcendence, the mystique. If you try to explain it to them they will look at you as if you were retarded. If you talk to them about psychedelics, it will be as if they tell me about a sexual practice that consists of pissing me in the face. they live in their world of instagram and Netflix, and there is no way to make them understand anything

I honestly don't think this would work, the average human is just THAT stupid, for every well intended, well informed, well educated seeker you would have 10 Connor Murphies running amok making a circus out of the psychadelic journey. 

Humans are just not ready for truth. Maybe in a thousand years? Who knows.

edit: I agree psychadelics should be decriminalized, but I dont think they should be easily available for everyone to purchase, not yet.

Edited by Mafortu

It's not just that psychedelics need to be legalized, even more importantly we need to build out an entire culture, education system, and support system for how to use these substances for deep spiritual work in a grounded, non-dogmatic way.

A lot of theoretical foundation-building is needed within psychology, philosophy, epistemology, metaphysics, and spirituality. All of this theory needs to be part of a serious education program. But that will take generations to gain traction. Actualized.org theory is that foundation. Ideally you spend 5 years learning all the basic theory, reading books, contemplating, etc. THEN you start tripping.

There could be a certificate that one gets that allows one to become a psychonaut. Sort of like passing a driving test at the DMV. Of course it's gonna be hell to get people to agree on what such a certificate program would have to contain. It will be endlessly political because it is so threatening to the ego-mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There are many steps before we can legalize psychedelics. like the first step would be legalization of weed. It will take many years before we legalize psychedelics.

They are doing well in Latin America, which has a history of using these substances, and where they have not been criminalized.   Nobody knew about mushrooms until they were revealed by Maria Sabina in the 1950s.  Ayahuasca comes from Peru.  Bufo Alvarius is from Mexico.   There is a better wealth of knowledge in Spanish that doesn’t seem to make it to the American scene.

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

17 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

Nobody knew about mushrooms until they were revealed by Maria Sabina in the 1950s.

Psychedelic mushrooms grow all over the world, on every continent. Herbalists all around the world have been using them for 100,000+ years. It's just not part of pop culture.

Humans in Europe and Africa were using magic mushrooms before humans even migrated to the Americas.

bee-shaman.jpg

Cave painting 6000-9000 BC, Algeria.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Correct.   But the ancient knowledge was mostly forgotten.   Timothy Leary flew down to Mexico after reading about Maria Sabina and mushrooms were his first psychedelic experience.    

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Leo Gura I fully agree with your approach. 

That’s how I did it too. I studied Actualized books and self help since I was 17-21, then tripped. So 4 years of a solid foundation. But even before then, I was contemplating deeply my entire life, questioning all of my friends, sociology, the big questions, etc. 

I guess I forget how far I’ve come and how crazy this stuff sounds to people who haven’t had a lifetime of philosophical seeking. 

I think music and proper education systems like Actualized taught more in schools, alternative schools like Actualized High School seem brilliant. 

but I gotta stop hoping society will provide me with easy access to these beautiful molecules. I have to get my own place, research how to find these vendors, travel to different countries and go out of my way. There’s a good reason you find the truth and not the other way around. Because if we were fed the truth from day one, we’d immediately reject it and demonize it just like Christ was. Anyways. 

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not just that psychedelics need to be legalized, even more importantly we need to build out an entire culture, education system, and support system for how to use these substances for deep spiritual work in a grounded, non-dogmatic way.

A lot of theoretical foundation-building is needed within psychology, philosophy, epistemology, metaphysics, and spirituality. All of this theory needs to be part of a serious education program. But that will take generations to gain traction. Actualized.org theory is that foundation. Ideally you spend 5 years learning all the basic theory, reading books, contemplating, etc. THEN you start tripping.

There could be a certificate that one gets that allows one to become a psychonaut. Sort of like passing a driving test at the DMV. Of course it's gonna be hell to get people to agree on what such a certificate program would have to contain. It will be endlessly political because it is so threatening to the ego-mind.

@Leo Gura a bit of a controversial question, but in such an educational system at what age do you suppose people should have their first trip (assuming they've had proper education and preparation for it beforehand)?