ardacigin

1 hour 37 mins Strong Determination Sit: Unexpected Results!

33 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, ardacigin said:

I'm sure Shinzen knows such masters from his asian training in Japan etc. 

He told a story that he saw someone in a monastery who didn't have a bed he would just sit all the time with a smile.

Crazy shit.

@Wildcattt555

not long at all just decided to do it and i did, i've done 4hours+ only twice though i lost interest in it since i felt 15min is more than enough for sanity commitment

i didn't frown upon moving from time to time, i just sat at the most relaxed way i could and very slight movement overtime as they were natural i let my body do what it wanted to just observing it

21 minutes ago, khalifa said:

i let my body do what it wanted to just observing it

Same, I don't see the value in forcing the body to be rigidly still - if anything, it seems counter-productive to me if it's creating resistance in the body. I find sometimes that my body will start rocking or circling, and I just let it if that's what it wants to do.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

5 hours ago, RickyFitts said:

Same, I don't see the value in forcing the body to be rigidly still - if anything, it seems counter-productive to me if it's creating resistance in the body. I find sometimes that my body will start rocking or circling, and I just let it if that's what it wants to do.

About the not moving rule, there is an extreme important and deep reason why it is trained that way in Japan and with monks etc. I've realized its potential and purpose with this sit as well.

See, the 'rigid' not moving postures for long hours producing tension and craving, resistance and all these sufferings are absolutely mental. Like not just a little mental. Full mental.

You can breakthrough these resistances in a second if you are porous, conscious, transparent and embody absolute effortless non-resistance through no self. Now that is the ideal.

But through this training, you embody that ideal I've just portrayed. You have this instant feedback where you suffer and experience more duality. Then you say:

' Okay. Craving occurred again which polarized consciousness through self-perception. This made the pain unbearable. Let's modulate perception again and glean deeper insights.'

It forces your hand actually the longer you do it. It forces your perception go there as long as you want to absolutely not suffer. Because that is the only way. Can't continue the same operating system when your entire body is filled with pain.

I have more respect for the practice after understanding what its intentions are. I can see why it is widely used in Japan.

@ardacigin Hmm, not quite following you. I'm particularly struggling with the following line:

5 hours ago, ardacigin said:

' Okay. Craving occurred again which polarized consciousness through self-perception[...]'

What do you mean when you say that the occurring of craving 'polarized consciousness'? I'm struggling with that phrase. 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

2 minutes ago, RickyFitts said:

@ardacigin Hmm, not quite following you. I'm particularly struggling with the following line:

What do you mean when you say that the occurring of craving 'polarized consciousness'? I'm struggling with that phrase. 

In the usual sober state of consciousness, one's unconscious discriminating and sensory sub-minds process information and constructs a world from it. A perception where a constant vantage point boots selfhood and cohesion to sustain the 'realness' of any given experience.

It polarizes and generates the self who is conscious and the object of consciousness - cuts away any interconnectedness, regards it as self-other and imputes a self-existing nature to it along with a sense of suffering. Which all are experienced to be absolutely false when you attain insight into how it actually works by examining your mind at deeper levels.

SDS is a good technique that forces your hand. It has a lot more potential for insight than I initially experienced. You still need to do the actual work and develop the skills but SDS is a good aid and support structure to push you into unexpected territory. 

12 minutes ago, RickyFitts said:

The experience of even the slightest of cravings reinforces self-clinging. It is the immediate cause of suffering. Each micro moment of a normal person's life is filled with enormous levels of craving he or she is unaware of. The more it is seen to be case with observation, the more you want to take measures to reduce it.

The source is always the self, of course. So you focus on this insight. And slowly you develop etc. It unravels the process and gets your foot in the door. Working through craving is one of the most direct but emotionally disturbing ways of working in my observation. Then you do self enquiry and things click.

@ardacigin It's all over my head, I fear. Appreciate the input though, thanks!

On 9/24/2021 at 4:29 AM, RickyFitts said:

find sometimes that my body will start rocking or circling, and I just let it if that's what it wants to do.

omg me tooooo. so weird. 

@Gianna I know, pretty disconcerting right? :o? I do think it's a positive sign though, it's usually a symptom of your kundalini energy being activated which is a good thing (and an essential part of spiritual awakening for most people, I believe) - article on the subject here that you might find useful :) 

I have done strong sits also. Very powerful technique. Only problem is that it brings huge ego backlashes.

1 hour ago, RickyFitts said:

@Gianna I know, pretty disconcerting right? :o? I do think it's a positive sign though, it's usually a symptom of your kundalini energy being activated which is a good thing (and an essential part of spiritual awakening for most people, I believe) - article on the subject here that you might find useful :) 

Ooo that's great. I'll check it out! 

42 minutes ago, Gianna said:

Ooo that's great. I'll check it out! 

Hope it's useful for you :)