softlyblossoming

@BipolarGrowth is now teaching from the psych ward! Questions for Maha Ananda Thread!

80 posts in this topic

@Sempiternity feeding into the spiritual ego isn't going to help the spiritual ego.

Clearly the dude is no spiritual novice, but when there are other issues to address, then going further and further into deeper and darker realms of spirituality is not only going to impact those original issues, but it'll create new ones too through the lens of the spiritual ego. At that point, it's time to stop going further and continuing to feed the spiritual ego, and instead time to recognise that this is a problem that needs to be fully addressed, integrated and accepted from a meta-perspective until it isn't a problem anymore, before continuing to go any further with spirituality.

Edited by Regan

1 hour ago, softlyblossoming said:

@Mafortu Good question. He answers exactly that in episode four, which we recorded last night. 

ok that part i'd actually listen to, although don't know the guy.

but yea let the guy calm down and rest

23 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

his condition is difficult, the bipolar ego is a wild horse. let's see if he can tame it

i mean aren't they just going to pump prescription meds into you at this point at the psych ward and afterwards.

knew a guy with bipolar disorder but then he overdosed on opiates which was sad, very young guy too

Stay grounded people. This stuff isn't a joke.

"Never held a high regard for Darwin, selection takes too long.
A little kick in the pool shouldn't do us wrong.
Devouring the very last invention man would ever need.
But exponential growth is a frightening thing, indeed.
"

Thanks for all of the replies so far to everyone! To answer those who think posting these is a bad idea: After our first call, I wan't totally sure if making and posting videos was the best course of action in our situation either, but Maha Ananda seemed to be acting normal/usual enough to me, aside from extra emotional about spirituality and using some more uncouth language in his analogies and examples and what-not, so I didn't get the impression I'd be harming him by posting them.

The third episode has uploaded! This episode includes some discussions at the beginning (namely regarding Maha Ananda's attainments) that the critical of you might find interesting...

4 hours ago, softlyblossoming said:

In the third, he comes clean about the possibility of having overcalled his previous claim to the attainment of Arahantship (the final level of Enlightenment in Theravada Buddhism’s four paths model), and explains that, whilst at least still a Stream Enterer (having attained the first level) in his own eyes, even he is not immune to suffering from anxiety whilst held in captivity at the ward. Computer is being slow today, so I will post the link to this one bellow when it finishes rendering and uploading!

52 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Requesting a video. An hour or so on well being. Maybe a multipart series even. Several seasons, even. 

@Nahm Consider your request received! I will be asking him tomorrow about this xD

Edited by softlyblossoming
'Nahm said:' had the wrong quote in the box!

@Leo Gura

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I hope you guys appreciate how dangerous this work can be when done sloppily.

Believe me, I am more than well-aware. I'm not sure how unhinged he really is, having never met up with him in person yet, but we've been planning to—as such, risk assessment considerations are often in the background of my mind. Thank you for your concern for Maha & my well-being.

10 minutes ago, softlyblossoming said:

I'm not sure how unhinged he really is

If they lock you in an mental institution for 3 weeks, that's a clue you might be unhinged and not ready to teach others.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

This is not a healthy way to help him. He needs the support of his family and close friends without "yes men" around him to feed his delusions. 

The only thing Brandon is currently teaching us is what path not to travel. So stop feeding him non-sense before he becomes an example of much worse.

He seems like a nice person and I'm sure his intentions are pure, a yours are now also, but it's not just his own health that could be in danger but also giving the entire community a bad name. 

Insights mean nothing if one can't properly integrate what they mean or of their ego hijacks them resulting in a zen devil.

Regardless, I wish the best for him and I do hope he gets better or at least more stable soon.

Edited by Nos7algiK

A bit too lo-fi for my taste.

To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Make sure you are properly grounded before diving into the mystical deep end.

@Leo Gura  @Roy What do you specifically mean when you say to be grounded in these matters on a practical sense? 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

The riches of illusion do not even compare to the riches of freedom.  -Sri Sadguru Siddharameshwar Maharaj

When the wrong man uses the right means, the right means work in the wrong way

7 minutes ago, Kalki Avatar said:

@Leo Gura  @Roy What do you specifically mean when you say to be grounded in these matters on a practical sense? 

For starters, I would imagine it having something to do with not being locked in a mental hospital

The reason this is dangerous is because he likes to use crude and dark analogies that are provoking for entertainment means and to get a rise out of people. 

Now imagine a young and naive mind stumbles upon this stuff, takes psychedelics at large doses, etc. this can ruin that persons life, make them susceptible to a real cult, ruin their family, addiction, losing all their friends saying this unhinged nondual teachings. 

I can say that this path is extremely dangerous and leads to burning all your bridges, oppopurtinites, etc with other people and society. This is no fucking joke. 

I can say this because I have been this ungrounded. Anyone who is near or around this will get burned and ruined. 

Mental instability and a lack of proper survival and emotional needs being met, poor health, combined with this unhinged nonduality can lead to suicide, anger outburts cause no one understands you, overmedication, etc. @softlyblossoming

Heed my warning and take this advice seriously before you get burned. After all, if you don’t want the results of being in a psych ward on and off for weeks on end, then why listen so naively. 

The only wise option at this point is to give him space and not enable this dysfunction. And if you decide to meet up, he must have been out of hospitals for at least a year. Trust me, a manic person in another country will be more than a disaster. Let alone how much of a disaster it was in Vegas - had I not stopped it before it got worse, he could of been killed or killed himself from the recklessness and delusions of having god like reality bending powers. 

I am not slandering him by any means, I am just writing this as it is necessary to point out why this behavior and approach is not okay in the slightest. 

Much love. I will be calling him tomorrow as he gets out tomorrow. But, I will be clear that the spirituality must come to an end for a long time. 

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

Hmm. Being in a mental intuition can mess someone up, especially when that person is already unstable. This makes me sad, the part where he talks about not being able to meditate is really dark. I hope he gets better soon.

"You Create Magic" 

1 hour ago, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

Much love. I will be calling him tomorrow as he gets out tomorrow.

@EntheogenTruthSeeker I remember him telling me this yesterday, not sure why I thought it was a week from now. 

1 hour ago, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

Heed my warning and take this advice seriously before you get burned. After all, if you don’t want the results of being in a psych ward on and off for weeks on end, then why listen so naively. 

@EntheogenTruthSeeker Disturbing point. I'll have to ask him about this. This thread took a dark turn fast.

51 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Hmm. Being in a mental intuition can mess someone up, especially when that person is already unstable. This makes me sad, the part where he talks about not being able to meditate is really dark. I hope he gets better soon.

@Flowerfaeiry Thanks for such interesting feedback :)

2 hours ago, Kalki Avatar said:

Well, it's hard to define exactly. But basically it means being in control of your mind and emotions such that you are not all over the place. Can you just be chill and content without doing any wacky stuff? If not, you're ungrounded.

I remember reading how this guy stripped off all his clothes and ran naked through the street and talked to his neighbors naked. This is textbook unhinged territory. Don't be that guy.

picard_facepalm.jpg

If you can't control yourself don't do psychedelics and don't do intense meditative practices.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

@softlyblossoming Sorry if I came off too harsh, it’s just that I have been in his exact same shoes and it hurts to see an innocent person get involved into this stuff. And I may be projecting some self hate into the topic as well. I know you’re good intentioned, I’m just saying, be cautious, as I know you are being. Much love

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

Sounds like a one way ticket to wacky town. Ground self in simplicity perhaps.

@EntheogenTruthSeeker You can tell better than I can as to Maha Ananda/Brandon's condition from having stayed with him every day for a couple weeks, I'm just going off of phone calls. So I've chosen, albeit reluctantly, to trust your judgement better than my own here.