Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AdamR95

paradox of absolute infinity

13 posts in this topic

How could ever god experience everything if he is only one but there is infinite number of possible sub-infinities?

For example if god is one then god can for eternity experience every possible way of being a human and that way he cant never ever move on to experience  every possible way of being a dog for example. He always have to left something out because eternity is not enough time for one entity to experience everything. Which is not a problem per say but in this case god cant ever experience everything and absolute infinity is just his potencial which he cant never ever experience it all.

Or god experience every possible perspective at once eternaly which solve this problem, but it implies that there is infinite perspectives happening at once, which looks more like infinite number of gods not a one.

Or the third option is that both of these are true at the same time and its some kind of strangeloopy duality that means that god is one or multiple according to which perspective you take.

For me personaly the first option looks like the most align to my direct experience, but it implies that absolute infinity cant ever manifest itself in every way possible. If absolute infinity actually exist then 2 or 3 option must be true or the absolute infinity simply means absolute infinite potential.

56 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

He always have to left something out because eternity is not enough time for one entity to experience everything.

You're missing that God/Consciousness sits outside of time and is thus not bound by time. 

Everything always happens now, because "now" is a-temporal. This is eternity. It never began and it will never end. 

brother is ironing out kinks, has been playing so for an infinite spell already and even better still has an infinite spell to carry on tweaking

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

You're missing that God/Consciousness sits outside of time and is thus not bound by time. 

Everything always happens now, because "now" is a-temporal. This is eternity. It never began and it will never end. 

Nope i am not missing it. Even outside of time, you need to construct the time to experience a human and you can do that for eternity and never experience a dog.

Or you can experience it all at once but that implies multiplicity, because every sub-infinity would take you eternity to experience therefore you need Infinite number of selfs to participate.

What you are saying is compatible with every option i've offered.

Edited by AdamR95

6 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:

Even outside of time, you need to construct the time to experience a human and you can do that for eternity and never experience a dog.

But same goes for experiencing "being human", so long as you insist on time. So long as you insist on this kind of temporal eternity. 

2 hours ago, AdamR95 said:

How could ever god experience everything if he is only one but there is infinite number of possible sub-infinities?

Your question implies a difference between being "one" and being "infinite", that's why it makes no sense to you yet. Unite the two as/in nonduality and you have your answer; 

The "many" imply the "one" and vice versa. You can't be either infinite or one, you can only be one as infinity. 

34 minutes ago, Tim R said:

But same goes for experiencing "being human", so long as you insist on time. So long as you insist on this kind of temporal eternity. 

i dont understand what you are trying to say

34 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Your question implies a difference between being "one" and being "infinite", that's why it makes no sense to you yet. Unite the two as/in nonduality and you have your answer; 

The "many" imply the "one" and vice versa. You can't be either infinite or one, you can only be one as infinity. 

this will not solve the problem, and it is compatible with every option i gave in the original post.

Edited by AdamR95

4 minutes ago, AdamR95 said:
37 minutes ago, Tim R said:

this will not solve the problem

Yes, it will. Unless your question still assumes a difference between oneness and infinity. But in fact, you almost answered it for yourself:

2 hours ago, AdamR95 said:

Or god experience every possible perspective at once eternaly which solve this problem, but it implies that there is infinite perspectives happening at once, which looks more like infinite number of gods not a one.

Now it's up to you what you mean by "eternity".

Infinite perspective is what consciousness is, but it's not an infinite "number" of separate perspectives which are all somehow had in the course of "eternal time". 

As I said, everything is always happening now and eternity (now) is not a temporal thing (see Nahm's reply to you). 

Let “sub-infinities”, “being a human”, etc go. It’s thought, which isn’t resolved by, more thought about it (thought)… only by letting it go, and attending to feeling directly, is any sense ‘made’.

If infinity is absolute potential… thought can go on forever…. While this is the most intelligent manifestation already. Literally nothing to think about. There is just to ‘live the life’. Appreciation, gratitude, enjoyment. 

Hone it to create the life you most truly desire. 

Join in this celebration. 

(Imo). 

There really is no problem, but thought makes it so. Paradox is only ‘in your head’, or of thought. Paradox isn’t “out there”, or, “of infinity”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

All those paradoxes are a feature, not a bug.

Your finite mind is never going to grasp Infinity.

Your finite mind will break like a wooden ship crashing into the coastal rocks in a storm.

You are not going to survive contact with Infinity. It will break you to the point where you realize you don't even have a skull anymore.

Imagine your mind colliding with Infinity so hard you realize you never had a skull.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, AdamR95 said:

god can for eternity experience every possible way of being a human and that way he cant never ever move on to experience  every possible way of being a dog for example. He always have to left something out because eternity is not enough time for one entity to experience everything.

It's not that it's left out its that infinity will never be able to explore itself to the "end" because it is Infinite.  (There never was an end!l  This is not a bug but a feature of Infinity as the others  pointed out.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

There is no actual paradoxes in my direct experience only apparent paradoxes which comes from the dualistic ego mind. I basicaly agree with  all of you, the problem for me is that what i am trying to say is more nuanced than what i am able to express with words, so it looks that i come from a dualistic perspective which i am not. I just try to understand every little silly detail because its my passion, but i guess that i am probably no longer able to comunicate that with others. I am also not native speaker and it limits me too. 

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Imagine your mind colliding with Infinity so hard you realize you never had a skull.

@Leo Gura I actually not consider myself having a skull, atleast in any absolute sence

20 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

It's not that it's left out its that infinity will never be able to explore itself to the "end" because it is Infinite.  (There never was an end!l  This is not a bug but a feature of Infinity as the others  pointed out.

@Inliytened1 Yeah that is the same way i make sence of it. And it is what the first option was meant to represent. It just make sence for me from this point of view to say that absolute infinity is more like absolute infinite potential because you will never experience it all. You can experience it all as a whole but you cant ever experience all of its finite variations. What it would even mean to experience every finite variation when past is imaginary so as soon as you move to another experience its like you never experienced the previous. It kind of doesnt make sence in the absolute perspective.

And i want to say that i am aware of the mind game here, but i still enjoy it, its like what else is there to do.