Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roopepa

I suddenly became a journalist. What should I write about?

4 posts in this topic

So I got a job as a journalist in a small local media association. I have no education in media or anything like that. The association decided to start a small group of young adults to basically just give us a chance to see what it's like to work in media. We can write articles, do short documentaries, even radio... Pretty much anything we want to do.

We are also free to choose basically whatever subjects we want to work on, but our "boss" is a Vice / Vox fan, so that's the direction he is leading the project (and it's fucking awesome).

So... I've got a voice! I have pretty much everything I need to spread my message. My question for you guys is: do you have any interesting subjects you think would be needed in the world today? Any advice for work like this? Our audience is not specific, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be mostly other young adults.

Some subjects I've been planning on:

- Role of drugs in art and creative expression
- Generation Z politicians and their views
- How to understand the culture war better (spiral dynamics)
- Why are conspiracy theories so popular today
etc. 

A few of these I've talked about with the boss and he seems to be on board. Some of them would probably be in a basic article form, some in column form. As you see, I have a lot of freedom in what & how to do it. In fact, almost too much freedom! I don't know what to do with it! :D Help!

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

I love the spiral dynamics topic. When you have something, throw the link up here. This sounds awsome.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

@roopepa Moi. (This means "hi" in finnish.)

I live in Sweden. And I'm half-finnish, so I can speak the finnish language as well.

I think you should write about how Finland should join Nato. Please, do it.

5 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

@roopepa Moi. (This means "hi" in finnish.)

I live in Sweden. And I'm half-finnish, so I can speak the finnish language as well.

I think you should write about how Finland should join Nato. Please, do it.

My parents are originally from Finland, but I'm born in Sweden. I don't know what that makes me.