kag101

How to accept that I'm just an animal?

13 posts in this topic

hey

first of all, i'm not looking for spitiritual answers, such as "You're not your body. You're Consciousness."

i'm talking about a more basic self-development stuff. so not objetive Absolute Reality, but the subjective (human) one.

you know, sometimes i don't like that i'm just a stupid animal who thinks he's above every other specie.

i'm not pure.

i have to take shit.

i have to eat otherwise i feel like crap and eventually die.

i have to sleep.

i gotta have emotional bonds with others

all this sound so lame. i don't even have to start talking about how ridiculous sex is, right?

i think i'm too immature to accept that i'm flawed. i'm no angel. i'm just a monkey.

even though there is this side in me that thinks the material world is pathetic; there's also a part in me that see how infinitely awesome all of this is. of how from a single cell we evolved to become this highly complex beings. of how my body is like a servant that is working 24/7 to keep me alive. etc

maybe it's one of those things that i will never find a definitive resolution, and that the best thing to do is to not think too much about it, and just keep taking care of my human needs. 

i'd appreciate if you could share your thoughts on this. thanks ;)

one day this will all be memories

7 minutes ago, kag101 said:

you know, sometimes i don't like that i'm just a stupid animal who thinks he's above every other specie.

I always think that language plays a big part in how we view ourselves and the world. Using the word "just" is a great example. I'm just an animal. I'm just a human. I'm just a man. Maybe instead, think about it like "I am an animal. I am a human. I am a man." It's small, but it helped me a lot when confronted with these issues.

13 minutes ago, kag101 said:

maybe it's one of those things that i will never find a definitive resolution, and that the best thing to do is to not think too much about it, and just keep taking care of my human needs. 

Maybe you won't find a definitive resolution, but maybe you don't need one. Maybe the definitive resolution is to accept these basic needs you have to do and move on. I know I had this issue and I only started appreciating and accepting these things after I found a job. Weird, right? I guess after a while, you kind of realize there is no point in overthinking these issues as there really isn't a way to change them. It's like worrying about an ex who's with her new boyfriend or worrying about your parents all day at school because a teacher called them about something bad you did. Really, these are things you can't change so there is no point in overthinking them. I have to take a shower or I smell bad. I have to eat or I'll die. Accept the truth of the situation and move on.

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion." - Parabola by Tool

When you realise you are God simply manifested as a human, you'll be so complete you won't care about that. 

@kag101 The distortion in your thinking is that you view these things as flaws. The distortion is in the negative judgments you attach to these aspects of being a human. If you learn to reframe them, you will begin to enjoy your human experience more. 

Self love and give yourself a break

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

start walking on your all fours.

what thoughts are generated in the process while you look at yourself in the mirror behaving like an animal?

get comfortable with your naked animalistic body and sexuality 100%. 

of course, social conditioning has made us think we're not animal but we are animal with a complex brain. 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Lol

Taking shits, having sex, bonding emotionally, being an animal, having to eat, having to sleep, all of this is so awesome!!:D

You're just blind to how absolutely miraculous and amazing all of this it is. That's all. Your neurotic standards to being "pure" are what prevent you from seeing how beautiful it is to be this living organism. 

Learn to love yourself. You won't stop taking shits anytime soon so why not just accept it???

On 9/19/2021 at 11:54 PM, kag101 said:

i think i'm too immature to accept that i'm flawed. i'm no angel. i'm just a monkey.

You are Perfect. You are Love.

Love yourself however you are.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 20/09/2021 at 4:18 AM, Spideymon77 said:

I know I had this issue and I only started appreciating and accepting these things after I found a job. Weird, right?

That makes sense. sometimes the solution is much simpler than it appears.

i often go into these long questioning of my own existence when i'm spending too much time by myself also.

thanks for the help :)

On 20/09/2021 at 2:23 PM, Matthew85 said:

The distortion in your thinking is that you view these things as flaws. The distortion is in the negative judgments you attach to these aspects of being a human. If you learn to reframe them, you will begin to enjoy your human experience more. 

yeap. it's a process...

On 23/09/2021 at 7:30 AM, hamedsf said:

of course, social conditioning has made us think we're not animal but we are animal with a complex brain. 

exactly. i think it takes real maturity to come to the terms with that.

On 23/09/2021 at 7:39 AM, Tim R said:

Lol

Taking shits, having sex, bonding emotionally, being an animal, having to eat, having to sleep, all of this is so awesome!!:D

You're just blind to how absolutely miraculous and amazing all of this it is. That's all. Your neurotic standards to being "pure" are what prevent you from seeing how beautiful it is to be this living organism. 

Learn to love yourself. You won't stop taking shits anytime soon so why not just accept it???

:D thanks, that gave me a good laugh

Edited by kag101

one day this will all be memories

3 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

The solution: stop giving a fuck.

Or if that doesn't work, here's solution #2:

Recognize that you're the most intelligent animal known in all of existence. Think about how low the odds are for that.

You are GOD inhabiting a human body! Dont fall in the mistake of believieng you are not important, just an animal, just a little dust particle in the universe, NO!

You have an important role in the world and impact in the life of others.