blessedlion1993

Solopsism is dangerous

35 posts in this topic

"But it doesn't matter that i'm saying it because you ALL are not even real, you're just figments of my imagination. I'M THE REAL ONE, everyone else is just a projection, this is MY dream, all others....fake, figments, imagination. Wow, I AM GOD. I can't beleive i'm the only one actually having a real experience, no-one else has an experience bubble, just me. No need for life insurance for my loved ones if i die, because they don't even exist, once i'm gone, the whole shabang is over. because im god and no one else is"

Anyone see the issue here?

Hmmm, Idk about that

Yeah it makes no sense that it's just 'you' or just 'me' when there is a world and forum full of people.

Teaching people it's just them and giving them psychedelics ahaha. I wonder what can go wrong?

All that exists for me is this bubble of experience. 

I am just kidding. But, honestly be careful with how you interpret things. 

Only you can figure out what is true.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

31 minutes ago, blessedlion1993 said:

because im god and no one else is

This is false. All small selves are fundamentally The Big Self (God).

The issue only arises when you create a separation between yourself and other people. All separation is secondary. The fundamental nature of reality is One. All people are imagination, but so are you. When there is no separation, there is no malintent, no hate, no exclusion or deliberate mistreatment, because that would be to mistreat yourself.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

8 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

All that exists for me is this bubble of experience. 

I am just kidding. But, honestly be careful with how you interpret things. 

That’s true.

22 minutes ago, blessedlion1993 said:

What’s the issue?

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

@blessedlion1993 Thank you for speaking to this. I've been in many spiritual circles over the years, and this is an old echo.

Edited by Johnny Galt

Now, if this sentence was coming from a solipsistic worldview, It would mean the whole world is not real and only me is.

The "Me" in a solipsistic worldview is the person's body and the mind, so it is saying "My body & mind is the only real thing here, everything else is not".

If this sentence was coming from a self realized person, the "Me" would not be the individuals body & mind. It would be everything. 

A self realized person recognized that there is no difference between "his/her body" and "another body". 

This is where solipsism is different.

A solipsistic person identifies with the body and will ignore any evidence that claims otherwise. Why is that?

Fear

of

Loneliness.

Fear of the void. Fear of nothing. No self, call it what you will.

It fears being alone, hence that is exactly what it gets.

There is nothing but nothing. lol

Your own imagination is so powerful that you're convinced with all your heart that other people (non-existent phenomena) are conscious and separate from yourself. It's so powerful in fact that the belief of others still lingers on even after your first awakening, even when you've come to know and accept that everyone you've ever met, seen or known is just imaginary.

You have no idea how sneaky God is.

2 hours ago, blessedlion1993 said:

"But it doesn't matter that i'm saying it because you ALL are not even real, you're just figments of my imagination. I'M THE REAL ONE, everyone else is just a projection, this is MY dream, all others....fake, figments, imagination. Wow, I AM GOD. I can't beleive i'm the only one actually having a real experience, no-one else has an experience bubble, just me. No need for life insurance for my loved ones if i die, because they don't even exist, once i'm gone, the whole shabang is over. because im god and no one else is"

I agree that people can mis-interpret and go overboard, what have been your personal experiences with this? :) 

@r0ckyreed Your bubble of experience or mine? 

◭"89"

The problem I have, is that if it's just me so much of my experience makes no sense.

At the same time, I've only ever experienced this bubble. Yet, the dream seems to be as if others exist. 

It does not seem as if thing revolve around me.

Why would Leo care about any of this if there was just him not not millions of others who is trying to help? 

I mean, maybe it's just a crazy illusion where God is going overkill to trick itself. Anyway.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

29 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Why would Leo care about any of this if there was just him not not millions of others who is trying to help? 

It's just a game.  He's playing the game.  

To discover it's a game is shocking and comes with maturity.  If you are not mature chances are you will never discover its a game to begin with.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I remember during one of my psychotic episodes, I started becoming solipsistic. I was tired of the fact I was controlling people and that was the only way I knew how to get out of that chair of responsibility. I am the only being that is conscious and the only being that is experiencing, therefor, the pain you feel about me controlling you doesn't matter anymore because you are actually me and you aren't actually experiencing that pain because I am the only one experiencing anything.

I was a tad bit crazy.

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion." - Parabola by Tool

19 hours ago, blessedlion1993 said:

"But it doesn't matter that i'm saying it because you ALL are not even real, you're just figments of my imagination. I'M THE REAL ONE, everyone else is just a projection, this is MY dream, all others....fake, figments, imagination. ..."

What's the separation between 'me' and 'figments of my imagination', what if they're the same thing? 

BTW who's the quote from? 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

@Inliytened1 Yea, but when you say that you are implying there is a him and a me. If it's just me and its a game that is fine.

As if it wasn't just me, and that I would be mature enough to understand what I am doing to myself and a bubble of infinite potential? It makes no sense. 

I like Leo, but when he says stuff like "I don't have my own conciousness. It's just you" But he doesn't say like.

Jared. It's just Jared.

Because he knows that isn't that case.

I'd like to wake up now, okay? Enough of this bullshit.

Solipsism for me is fine. I don't mind being the only bubble in an infinite void in fact I would prefer it.

However, this just isn't the case as far as I can tell.

If it was just this qualia, there would be no need for survival, money, taxes, etc unless it was an illusion I created to give me a sense of reality... this is also fine. 

Super done with the dream right now ahaha '

Anyway gonna go vote for my imaginary prime minister 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@blessedlion1993 That thought process led a psychotic guy from this forum to jump off a bridge. It's very dangerous territory. 

It can be true on an absolute sense, but on a relative sense you're gonna cause suffering to people who believe they are real. And then they'll suffer and then they'll die, like everything else. Good days and bad days.

You're not here to (transc)end this dream, but to enjoy it. Play the game like you're supposed to. The you that limited yourself can "unlimit" you anytime, it doesn't do it, because it doesn't want to.

yea all of this  "there's only me" "death doesn't exist" stuff could be quite dangerous for the "right" mind/person

i'm reading a book on manson and the manson trial/family etc. and it seems they also had that way of thinking in some ways and obviously it wasn't nice

22 hours ago, blessedlion1993 said:

I hear ya. I keep beating this into my nine year old’s head ya know. “There’s no me and mom or friends, it’s just you!!!”  She don’t listen though. Just keeps crying. What an idiot. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

45 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I hear ya. I keep beating this into my nine year old’s head ya know. “There’s no me and mom or friends, it’s just you!!!”  She don’t listen though. Just keeps crying. What an idiot. 

:(

◭"89"