blessedlion1993

Solopsism is dangerous

35 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

I hear ya. I keep beating this into my nine year old’s head ya know. “There’s no me and mom or friends, it’s just you!!!”  She don’t listen though. Just keeps crying. What an idiot. 

?? 

@Nahm Good! I hate dogmatic children. -_-

If my kids aren't open minded I will send them to adoption agency.

Did you see in europe there are schools teaching kids to read blind folded? 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

23 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Hmmm, Idk about that

Yeah it makes no sense that it's just 'you' or just 'me' when there is a world and forum full of people.

Teaching people it's just them and giving them psychedelics ahaha. I wonder what can go wrong?

All that exists for me is this bubble of experience. 

I am just kidding. But, honestly be careful with how you interpret things. 

Only you can figure out what is true.

“Only you can figure out what is true” YES ? that’s why solipsism and this other shit is a pain in the ass. Because you gotta just say fuck it and take the plunge into truth. 

@TheLoneSage The question is, who is the truest Rick?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 9/19/2021 at 5:14 PM, Carl-Richard said:

This is false. All small selves are fundamentally The Big Self (God).

The issue only arises when you create a separation between yourself and other people. All separation is secondary. The fundamental nature of reality is One. All people are imagination, but so are you. When there is no separation, there is no malintent, no hate, no exclusion or deliberate mistreatment, because that would be to mistreat 

what do you mean that all people are imagined?    
you’re saying that a body subjectively experiencing the “ one consciousness “ isn’t a person?

has your mind truly merged with God? And you know better, or?

honestly it  sounds like you are misinterpreting the Bhagavad Gita, and implying that you know this from experience is preposterous. 

40 minutes ago, Wildcattt555 said:

what do you mean that all people are imagined?    
you’re saying that a body subjectively experiencing the “ one consciousness “ isn’t a person?

has your mind truly merged with God? And you know better, or?

honestly it  sounds like you are misinterpreting the Bhagavad Gita, and implying that you know this from experience is preposterous. 

All there is is a sentient field of consciousness that is made of nothing, but still dreams. Everything in this bubble of reality, including you, everyone in it, and the environment, are all this dream. Everything in this reality bubble is one thing, which is dream. And it all only exists now. This is where all dualities collapse. Creation and destruction are one, as this bubble is created and destroyed at the same time. There is no past or future, only now. Self and other are the same thing, this dream bubble. There is nothing else but this dream bubble. Nothing exists outside of what it is Now. And you are it. Not a person experiencing it with other people that are separate from it. Only this Now, and it's a dream, you are all of the dream, and so is everyone you think you know. 

15 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

All there is is a sentient field of consciousness that is made of nothing, but still dreams. Everything in this bubble of reality, including you, everyone in it, and the environment, are all this dream. Everything in this reality bubble is one thing, which is dream. And it all only exists now. This is where all dualities collapse. Creation and destruction are one, as this bubble is created and destroyed at the same time. There is no past or future, only now. Self and other are the same thing, this dream bubble. There is nothing else but this dream bubble. Nothing exists outside of what it is Now. And you are it. Not a person experiencing it with other people that are separate from it. Only this Now, and it's a dream, you are all of the dream, and so is everyone you think you know. 

And we  need to be in a meditative state, on drugs, or a realized “Buddha” to see it as a fluffy dream. It can just as easily be a nightmare. There is still suffering in this dream, so really I can only see your post as semantics.  If anyone wants to tell me how to live in this unified conscious dream for longer than it takes for the cid to wear off, or me making a deliberate effort to shut my mind off with meditation ( which I get peace from and not any revelation) please , that would be great.   Even Leo admits he still has obligation, stresses, and desires, just like a normal suffering person. I do appreciate the response , I just don’t know how that view is beneficial. How did your life change practically since this epiphany?

Look right now at direct experience. All there is is right Now, no more no less. There is no suffering in this direct experience, is there? That is just a thought / concept. That is the benefit. This didn't change my life, as I have no past to draw a comparison to. But, knowing I am only this now, and nothing else, there is just acceptance and appreciation for this bubble. I can't suffer from a past. I don't suffer from 'others'. I just am always now appreciating what is now, and nothing else. 

3 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

Look right now at direct experience. All there is is right Now, no more no less. There is no suffering in this direct experience, is there? That is just a thought / concept. That is the benefit. This didn't change my life, as I have no past to draw a comparison to. But, knowing I am only this now, and nothing else, there is just acceptance and appreciation for this bubble. I can't suffer from a past. I don't suffer from 'others'. I just am always now appreciating what is now, and nothing else. 

Yes that makes sense, and I don’t doubt you live “ there” much more than I do.  I used to listen to mooji because his guided meditations put me in effortless peace. But it doesn’t translate continuously  into everyday life.  Much like how I could use this to end suffering in a particular moment.  How do you deal with suffering when it arises ?  The actual problems in your life? Obviously living life with the goal of not suffering at all will eventually produce enormous suffering unless you are financially kept and can simply avoid most discomforts. 

This now being all there is, is what is so, whether you are conscious of it or not. If conscious of it now, focused on it, one sees that there is no life or suffering, just this, whatever this is now. But, it's also fun to get lost in the created story of life, all the joys of dualities, even suffering. 

I guess, i just think it's dangerous for people to be taking psychedelics and being told that no one else is actually real. Especially if they are unstable. But, can't stop Leo from sharing his personal insights and his truths which have benefited so many. 

Personally i believe there is a consciousness behind every being having it's own experience, and what i do affects that experience. I am in their bubble and they are in mine

Oh boy that's a huge one for me lol. This idea started haunting me since I was a child.. I always had this feeling from my early childhood.. That I am actually the only "real" one out there and everyone else are just characters in my dream. Zombies.."cardboard cutouts" in my world. However you wanna call it or think of it. Obviously other people exist as objects of perception in my direct experience.. That's undeniable.. I go out.. I see people everywhere. But are these things" subjects"? Do they have internal self-awareness as I do?   Is there someone behind their eyes?  It there anybody out there other than me?.  The solipsism philosophy doesn't say yes or no to that question contrary to what most people mistakenly misunderstood it.. Solipsism states that one's own mind or subjective experience of the world is the only "certain" thing to exist.. And the existence of other individual minds is "impossible to verify".  In other words you are absolutely certain that you are aware right now.. But it's impossible to be certain that I'm (someone here) aware.. In fact why I'm talking to "you"? .. I should say I am aware and "you" are the unsettled mystery.    

The problem with solipsism is not whether it's objectivey true or not(is it actually the case that I am the only one out there)..but is that it is absolutely true subjectively regardless of that.  You are trapped inside your own subjective experience in any case.. So even though I am aware right now from my pov.. From your pov that doesn't matter and there is no such thing.. There is only your awareness.. There is no such thing as "my awareness" in your awareness.. There is only these words in front of you right now and that's the actualilty of what is.. Anything else is just assumptions you add on top of it.."ofcourse there is someone there writing these words.. They couldn't just write themselves lol".. Really?. In your dream.. The entire dream and all the people inside of it..and their actions.. Are nothing but your creation.. They have no Reality of their own outside your imagination.. The only real thing in the dream underneath all the scattered phenomenon is YOU. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho