Raptorsin7

Who Responsible For Toxic Stage Green

13 posts in this topic

Who is responsible for addressing the toxic elements of stage green? 

I was browsing a dating app, and I noticed a woman who was a higher up at an indigenous research organization, but she had something about being on the same page about ACAB (all cops are bastards). 

This is such a nonsense statement, but it got me thinking about how to check this kind of toxicity.

It seems like a lot of people like to dismiss stage green criticsm as coming from below not above, but in cases like the above how can a person challenge this kind of rhetoric.

I don't know if that's a good example. It's an argument you can make. If the good cops don't stop the bad ones are they good?

I think of the movie Serpico. A good cop who tried and nearly got killed for it. Not that I think all cops THINK they're bastards or even that they try to be. It's the system, ego, self deception and survival. We all do it. 

I think of toxic green more as ganging up on a person who simply misspoke or trying to cancel someone who is clearly growing by digging up old tweets that they probably don't believe anymore. 

I feel like SJWs and redpillers are two sides of the same coin. They probably should be dating. 

Edited by Late Boomer
Deleted a word

1 minute ago, Late Boomer said:

MyI don't know if that's a good example. It's an argument you can make. If the good cops don't stop the bad ones are they good?

I think of the movie Serpico. A good cop who tried and nearly got killed for it. Not that I think all cops THINK they're bastards or even that they try to be. It's the system, ego, self deception and survival. We all do it. 

I think of toxic green more as ganging up on a person who simply misspoke or trying to cancel someone who is clearly growing by digging up old tweets that they probably don't believe anymore. 

I feel like SJWs and redpillers are two sides of the same coin. They probably should be dating. 

So you believe that all cops are bastards? 

It's literally a hateful statement, and it polarizes and incites people who aren't already in alignment with your ideology.

100% about agree about red pillers and SJW's. Plenty of judgment and hatred on both sides of the political divide

1 minute ago, Raptorsin7 said:

It's literally a hateful statement, and it polarizes and incites people who aren't already in alignment with your ideology.

Become a social ecologist and sow the seeds for a new future, but remember that we need Green for fertile soil ;)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

22 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

So you believe that all cops are bastards? 

It's about complicity, going along. Have you seen Serpico? Based on a true story and one of Pacino's best roles. It explains what I mean. He's an honest cop in a corrupt precinct and gets targeted simply for not participating. 

Like honestly I've known cops who were wonderful people, but I knew they were working with cops who were corrupt. I know the good guys had to be aware, but they didn't do anything about it. Probably be their ass if they tried. It's a statement about the system. 

I agree it's a polarizing statement though. Same thing with Defund the Police. Probably doesn't do their cause any favors, but it's hard to fit Reallocate Funds to Social Services to Prevent Unnecessary Arrests on a picket sign. 

1 hour ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Who is responsible for addressing the toxic elements of stage green?

You are.

Who else?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

People that have been treated badly in the past now have this victim toxic mindset and swing the scale too far on the other direction. Mob justice mindset. 

Also, people are very unwilling to grant them true equality adding fuel to the fire.

So both parties are to blame in different ways.

Please give this 10min vid a listen talking about ACAB and reaching out to cops. Consider it a synthesis of both positions. 

All cops are bastards for being cops. It criticizes individuals roles rather than individuals. Since there's technically no perfect political system there are necessary roles that can still be bastardizing. People who adopt this slogan are coming from an anti-authoritarian mindset which, despite the flashy name can absolutely still be defended by adequately identified power structures. Although sound and valid, it falls short in enacting change. For reasons you understand. Consider that you are placing expectations on this person similar to expecting it be the job of POC to get rid of racism. It's quite emotionally taxing for someone to walk on eggshells being told not to use angry language over valid criticisms. Or consider black people using the N word. While society is better off without anyone using the word, it's not my place to tell them to stop reclaiming it. With healing time, when there is no need for it will be gone. "???? ?? ?? ???? ?????? ??"

So perhaps then we can understand what aspects are mean green and how we approach it. Also keep in mind ACAB is a display of animous for various kinds of people.

Here's a good short analogy for the purpose of radical positions and change: 

9 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

People that have been treated badly in the past now have this victim toxic mindset and swing the scale too far on the other direction. Mob justice mindset. 

I don't know about that. It seems many people from kind of middle class sheltered homes end up "toxic green" (although everybody has their trauma and hardships)

You could say there are valid criticisms that are done invalidly. Try different ways of explaining how they could be antagonizing potential allies for change. 

But you need to see why this criticism expressed through this anger is more true for someone and why it exists. And why no amount of strategic input is going to compel their truths away. Shedding this identity can't be forced, only overcorrected as informed by one's own.  

Don’t drink gasoline, that’s toxic. And don’t attribute toxicity to people, that’s toxic. Instead employ patience and actual understanding. The understanding then becomes as apparent as us ‘people’. Only the truth can set you free. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

I don't know about that. It seems many people from kind of middle class sheltered homes end up "toxic green" (although everybody has their trauma and hardships)

I think you're onto something. There's a black guy I listen to on Youtube who was talking about Bo Burnham's special and the existential crisis of white people who weren't very aware of systemic racism until the George Floyd incident. Your extreme takes may not have the same weight as the ones from people who were on the receiving end of police brutality, but having that veil torn away is painful.

You realize you've been protected from all these things and it makes you feel bad. Your ego wants to make you the good guy - not that you're going to give away all your money and move to a poor neighborhood - but that's what the ego does, makes you the good guy. So there's a lot of virtue signaling to try to salve your conscience. Some of it is also signaling your progressive in-group.

In the case mentioned above, I think it was on a dating app, so maybe it's a bit like when I told my now wife I was an atheist on our first date (she was too as it turned out. I'm not exactly one now...). I didn't really have a problem with religious people, I just didn't want to date a religious person as I had been in that culture for so long having to bite my tongue and I was exhausted. You don't go on dates so you can have arguments.