romansoloviov

Does repeatedly listening to certain content reprogram the subconscious mind?

8 posts in this topic

I find that in the past, the more I listened to Leo, the more my mindset shifted towards self-actualization. For example, from hedonia to eudaimonia, from working on external things to developing myself internally, towards questioning my metaphysics more, etc. Sometimes I would watch a video 4-5 times before the message really sinks it. Seems like it literally rewired my brain over time.

Would then listening to videos/audios like this be as effective as something like affirmations for programming the subconscious mind with certain beliefs? I find affirmations to be a bit boring, whereas listening to theory on repeat is more enjoyable and could have the same benefits.

I'm aware of the too much theory, too little practice trap, and don't really have issues with that; I'm more interested in specifically how effective the technique is for reprogramming the subconscious.

Absolutely. The subconscious mind doesn't differentiate between real and unreal the same way the conscious mind does. For instance, you may be watching something on television which is highly engaging. It might be a football game where your favorite team is losing badly the whole game then in the 4th quarter they "pull out of their ass" a seemingly miraculous victory. If we were to measure your nor adrenaline levels, we'd see them spike when the excitement occurs.

This is because your emotions are created and regulated subconsciously. If you were to use your conscious discernment to "determine" whether the game should be exciting or not. You'd realize that you're looking at a spectrum of moving lights being projected onto a sheet of glass, and not something that is real(that's to say, you would realize the game isn't truly occurring inside the tv). Therefore, you would think of the "game" as being not real and feel silly for reacting to it as if it were.

To the conscious mind, it seems that repeating the same action and expecting different results is foolish or even insane. But, repetitious experience/action/thought patterns solidifies the "reality" of that experience or action subconsciously. The more solid it becomes, the more real it becomes, the more real it becomes the more powerful and permanent the effects of it are. This is why 10 hours of meditation is more powerful than 1 hour. And why 10 hits of acid is more powerful than 1. And also why repeating a certain form of meditation or Sadhana results in higher possibilities. So if you try to utilize your mind to do magick, don't be discouraged if it fails. Realize that with repetition, it's effects become "realer". If they become real enough, eventually you'll have unlocked whatever potential you were seeking.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

I personally think that affirmations or just hearing certain things externally doesn't much affect your subconscious mind. The thing that really changes your subconscious minds are your daily habits through your actions. So if you are able to change your actions, you are able to change how your mind operates.

I do think that affirmations, reading things and hearing things can plant the seed in our minds. But effectively, the seeds in themselves don't do much unless you make them come to fruition with your actions. So listening to certain content can steer you to a certain direction, but for it to have any meaningful change you have to follow through on it.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

I've noticed this as well and had similar questions. It felt whatever I watched , I was molded by. And also even, the people I hung with. They have a strong influence on you 

I also believe through my own art of creation and focus, these external factors have less of an impact on me. But they still will, even when I am consciously creating 

I definietely think that the inputs matter a lot. As well as the things you visualize, say to yourself, the people you are with, the content you consume

I can also relate to boring affirmations. I find theory to be much more inspiring and "real" 

But yeah I think theory can have a profound impact on you as well. But affirmations can be very specifically tailored. (You can design your own affirmations). You can design theory too by cherry picking the right theory for you . I've done this a couple times, I would clip parts of videos that I really enjoyed and then listened them on repeat 1-2x a day. That molds you a fuckton lol 

You can also write them out ot print them out and reread them in the morning

Or read specific pages in a book consistently on a regular basis 

Making it very easy/enjoyable to consume helps as well. 

Edited by Jacob Morres

drip drip drip drip 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I'm careful with how I absorb content these days since there is so much of it. While I resonate with much of what Leo speaks about I try to stop frequently to question it instead of just nodding in agreement. Regardless of absolute truth we still have to go back to living in practical reality where spiritual knowledge can damage you here if you don't apply it correctly. As such I also listen to as many people as I can to prevent the mind from attaching and assigning too much value to one source. 

5 hours ago, vizual said:

I personally think that affirmations or just hearing certain things externally doesn't much affect your subconscious mind. The thing that really changes your subconscious minds are your daily habits through your actions. So if you are able to change your actions, you are able to change how your mind operates.

I do think that affirmations, reading things and hearing things can plant the seed in our minds. But effectively, the seeds in themselves don't do much unless you make them come to fruition with your actions. So listening to certain content can steer you to a certain direction, but for it to have any meaningful change you have to follow through on it.

Straight factz, no cap. ?

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening