Endangered-EGO

Enlightenment/Liberation is closer than you think. But in the opposite direction.

5 posts in this topic

I think I just realised the Essence of every teaching that promises spiritual liberation and purification. Please correct me if I am wrong or if you would like to add something to it. I'm gonna put it in advaida and vipassana terms.

The distance between now and Liberation is at every Instant always so close. The distance is between "What IS" and "What should BE". When "What Should BE" becomes "What IS" then there's only what IS and nothing obstructing what IS from you.

If I am right, then every instant of "What should be", that feeling of aversion, subtle or not is an OPPORTUNITY to be re-wired to WHAT IS.
Shinzen Young calls that "recycle the reaction" and "the taste of purification".

Easy example: Melancholy. I use that, because it has a taste of nostalgia, love and grief to it.

You were so in Love, and you have lost it. I'm going to simplify it.
In an Instant of Melancholy, WHAT IS Without you wanting to change it: Love, Nostalgia. WHAT SHOULDNT be: Grief and Loss with the thoughts about why grief and loss is bad.

Integration means observing grief and loss with the same openness and concentration as what is accepted. The aversion ALWAYS gives a hint to "what is, but shouldn't be"

The stronger the aversion, the stronger the purification if integrated entirely. 

"Once you get the taste of purification, the progress is going to be exponential" -Shinzen Young.

So every type of suffering is potential for extreme growth, if handled correctly.

I was a Wim Hof fan for so long, because intense physical pain would put me in a state of equanimity. Even though there's nothing wrong with it, the problem was I used cold and hot pain to avoid the Aversion towards what is (emotionally), without needing to face it right away. The Intense suffering Wim experienced after losing his daughter to suicide is what led him to jump in ice cold water for the first time.

Sorry I'm rambling haha.

The punch in the face is: For whatever reason you believe you want Liberation. You're gonna have to eventually work through that suffering you want to escape from. But don't worry, you're not gonna have to start with that, you can get the taste for purification first.

Shinzen Videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyRaFN3TKYM&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HPObyaLB68&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsyekyUsImc

It only seems like it's in the opposite direction or any direction for that matter because the individual feels like something's missing and needs to be found.

Nothing is missing because the individual that believes something is missing, isn't real.

It's impossible to get closer or further away.

It's not something that's learned or found either.

It's the end of the experience that something was missing for someone.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

All the me wants is life, which is all there is already. Un-winnable predicament.

11 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Endangered-EGO

Excellent. “The truth shall set you free”. Not surprisingly, very true. Sweet, sweet contentment. 

You...