Someone here

The voice in your head

31 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

I didn't ask how to resolve thoughts or to get rid of them. I asked about their origin. Do you have any insights regarding that?  

Notice that thoughts have an origin - is a thought. 

Notice meditatively, the space between the thoughts. 

The more that space is noticed the greater that space is realized to be, the less there can be the thought ‘what is the origin of thoughts’. 

Be careful as this can result in temporarily debilitating laughter. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

36 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I believe that the virulence of the soap opera is proportional to the rejection that you have received or believed to receive

I really resonate with your posts, I'm undergoing some pretty deep healing at the moment, and this is exactly what I found. The knot itself is built around rejection. It is the belief of a bundle of energy that it is not loved by the all = is not one with the all. It's the belief that one is unworthy, undesirable, not wanted by God. This feeling of rejection, strangely coupled with the feeling of separateness is the root of it all. And then there is fear of releasing that belief.

I'm not sure if the fear of traumatic dissolution into oneness is primary and thus created the separation, or if the trauma of believing to be separate and unloved is primary and thus created the fear of dissolving that belief. 

19 minutes ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

It is the belief of a bundle of energy that it is not loved by the all = is not one with the all.

I think the same. If you are, for example, a rat, programmed to survive, you may be afraid of being eaten by a cat, so you run away. If you are human, survival is completely linked to social acceptance. if they expel you from the cave, you die. to perceive rejection is to perceive death, but unlike the rat you cannot run away. the feeling of separation is unbearable, in extreme cases it can lead to a breakdown of the mind and psychosis. in normal cases the mind creates these knots, blind spots of enormous anxious energy that are established at the core of the system created by the mind creating separation. once you see what they are, they can be unleashed, especially if you have had some liberation experience in which you have mixed with the whole (psychedelics for that)

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Someone here 

I second that. I laughed for 40 minutes straight when I didn't know the answer to the question "What is an ego?". In that space, the question itself was so ridiculous that I absolutely couldn't hold it. My stomach hurt from laughing. That space is highly recommended. xD

20 hours ago, Nahm said:

Notice that thoughts have an origin - is a thought. 

Notice meditatively, the space between the thoughts. 

The more that space is noticed the greater that space is realized to be, the less there can be the thought ‘what is the origin of thoughts’. 

So "the origin of thoughts" is itself a thought and is not the actual origin of the thoughts.  This is strangeloopy and twisted. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here

When it’s noticed thoughts which seems to be about thoughts aren’t, but are just, more appearing thoughts… it’s pretty liberating. Humbling, for one holding thought to be of importance, but there is the opportunity for liberation ‘there’ too. 

A thought is ‘made of’ the same ineffable as a tree or a cloud. The whole of experience, appearance. If it seems there is a ‘you and thoughts’ situation, feel the deep relief in that that would just be yet another thought. The fruitless-ness & absurdity of it all is most humbling and liberating. 

@Nahm it's because What I noticed  is that "the voice in the head" is talking to "us" automatically. Without a single input from "us". It's like if I close my eyes and try to shut up completely.. I still can hear it whispering in my head.  It's as if those thoughts are not even my own thoughts. It's like  a mild form of schizophrenia. That's why I asked for its origin or source. 

-Osho

20 hours ago, Nahm said:

The phrase itself already caused dumb laughter here ??

27 minutes ago, Nahm said:

A thought  is ‘made of’ the same ineffable as a tree or a cloud. The whole of experience, appearance

True. 

-Osho

@Someone here

Looking to thought for the origin is really just more thinking / thought. 

‘Go to’ feeling. Let thought be. Express whatever arises in feeling. Use the emotional scale to identify specific emotions experienced. Continue expressing. A ruminating or overactive mind is resolved from emotional expression. 

@Javfly33

And now here also. Lol! No reason. LMAO

the voice of the mind is me. and I am not something but an activity. separation activity between me and what is not me.what the voice says has no meaning or sense, it is only activity of separation. there is nothing to know , i know the same as a bird, nothing. but I'm  more separated. If I were not separate, my apparent being would merge with everything and would cease to exist as such.

the impossibility of stopping the mind occurs for fear of ceasing to be. and indeed, if it stops, the separate self ceases to be. therefore the separate self, which is separating activity, cannot stop the mind. its nature is activity, not stop. But the self can realize its nature and accept its place, relax and surrender, at least in specific moments. there will always be activity and voice of the mind, until the apparent being ceases, but it may only be the essential imo