Tim R

We are f*cking up so hard

40 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, roopepa said:

Europe, our homecountries, are pretty much the most evolved places in this world. In a sense, we are the leading edge of societal and cultural evolution.

Here's the deal: what else should we be doing than our best? Do you see any greater vision for us than this? We have the resources, the education, the expertise on ecology, biology, physics, sociology, economy, politics and a lot more. We could show others how it's done. What else should we be doing with our time? Watching Netflix on our 4K screens eating pizza? Is that the true potential of europe? Look at the younger generations. Many already see that 4K Netflix and a cool car ain't what gives you the good life. They are looking for a greater meaning and vision. Yes, some go for fascism and other regressive ideologies, but we can offer them something better.

We gotta unite more, perhaps even push for federal europe. We can deal with this together. I cannot imagine a greater, more beautiful vision for my nation than to unite and take on this challenge along with you guys, and others. I want nothing less for Finland than to melt in love for humanity, with you. That I think, is our true potential. And I bet it's the same for Germany too.

@roopepa I couldn't agree more, beautiful?

2 hours ago, roopepa said:

We are already doing that in Finland. Our goal is to be carbon neutral in 2035.

Try to broaden your vision a little bit. Europe, our homecountries, are pretty much the most evolved places in this world. In a sense, we are the leading edge of societal and cultural evolution.

Here's the deal: what else should we be doing than our best? Do you see any greater vision for us than this? We have the resources, the education, the expertise on ecology, biology, physics, sociology, economy, politics and a lot more. We could show others how it's done. What else should we be doing with our time? Watching Netflix on our 4K screens eating pizza? Is that the true potential of europe? Look at the younger generations. Many already see that 4K Netflix and a cool car ain't what gives you the good life. They are looking for a greater meaning and vision. Yes, some go for fascism and other regressive ideologies, but we can offer them something better.

We gotta unite more, perhaps even push for federal europe. We can deal with this together. I cannot imagine a greater, more beautiful vision for my nation than to unite and take on this challenge along with you guys, and others. I want nothing less for Finland than to melt in love for humanity, with you. That I think, is our true potential. And I bet it's the same for Germany too.

While in Europe some countries are doing pretty good. Others like Poland for example is still not wanting to get out of coal etc.

France is pumping trash into the mediterranean. Cruise ships are destroying the mediterranean because of the greed of people.

We produce stuff in third world countries and dump our trash there. etc. etc.

I do agree that some kind of vision in Europe and more meaning and less consuming/materialism would be good

2 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

20130109.0.png

Thank you, that's how I feel. 

Well only one country can't solve the problem. It has to be a global effort. But that can only really be done if there was a global government, which will take lots of time to happen. So there's only one way that we will act globally upon this, and that's when shit hits the fan. I am talking major catastrophes (specially in first world countries, because those are usually the major players globally).

One step people could start with is to not accept a job at a company that has any involvement in oil and gas, plastics, coal, military bases, fast food, etc.

That is a small step but it does make a difference.

In Civil Engineering, even if you are doing the stormwater design for a city or whatever, your company could be doing all of the above as well - - so a start is when people go to a new job, to not accept work at those companies.

The Civil Engineering field needs to admit that it is helping to proliferate the climate change problems and it really needs to step up as an industry and put an end to continuing this type of work.

You talk to the firms and ask if they will put out of their oil and gas endeavors and all the ones that I have talked with have said NO.

Civil Engineering, Mechanical engineers, Chemical engineers = yeah sure it isn't as obvious as a Petroleum Engineer which has it in the name but those careers are the ones that are part of creating the problem.

Companies keep on taking on the work because they put present survival over long term survival.

I think much of the doom and gloom surrounding climate change comes from the fact that scientists still don't know how severe or not climate change will be, so to get enough funding for proper research some manipulation of people's existential fears probably wouldn't hurt.

That's not to say climate change isn't a problem or that humans aren't causing it, you've got to remember everyone's got an world view they need to uphold, even climatologists.

On 19.9.2021 at 1:31 PM, Leo Gura said:

Relax. Life goes on. Fearmongering solves nothing.

Humanity is not going anywhere.

Panic evolved for a reason, sometimes it is appropriate.

Society is not conscious enough to resolve this through pure reason and wisdom, so to surpress the natural reaction of fear might lead to more damage, counter-intuitively. Sometimes letting things play out unconsciously is this wisest thing to do. Don't forget, Divine wisdom permeates all things, and it is far greater than the limited wisdom of Leo.

I would instead encourage him to explore this fascet of himself. Fearmongering solves alot of things, wisdom can only be aquired when we see clearly what it solves and what it does not solve. See, we first have to recognize the wisdom of the unwise before we can truly surpass it. We have to include, to transcend. And to include means to recognize it's divinity.

Consider the possibility that in the future, the wisest path will be to regress to stage blue. To create a solid epistemic foundation, rooted in some sort of eco-fascism to solve our immediately survival problems. To put everyone who resists to a wall and shoot them dead.

See, when we as conscious people resist that possibility, what else is that but fear? I am not saying that it will be what will happen, I want to illustrate how our supposed higher consciousness can sometimes lead us to be blind to the wisdom that gives rise to all things. In an even deeper sense, that wisdom gives rise to both your resistance to it, aswell as the resistance that you do resist to. And in that bigger play of resistance, there is a deeper wisdom, a deeper freedom and an expression of true Will.

As soon as you scoff at the ant for it's ignorance, you forget the very foundation of what Intelligence is, you become blind to it. And your only solice is that, that very blindness, is part of Divine Intelligence.

Even further, let us recognize the Divine Intelligence in Adolf Hitler and everything he achieved. It takes great humility to recognize that it was truly Divine, truly intelligent, and that the source of his actions, the source of his ignorance, was the very Wisdom that allows us to see it.

See, the problem with Arrogance, from a perspective of a seeker, is that it makes us blind to all of this. As soon see look at the Trump supporter and see anything but pure Intelligence, it is the moment we have lost out sight to our own survival. And that is ultimately not a problem, it is wisdom aswell, but as a seeker, we need to recognize that.

If one were to truly recognize the Absolute Wisdom of Existence, I do not know what would happen. It seems like it would Dissolve the very thing that recognizes.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

13 hours ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

Don’t worry, the aliens will save us. ?

That’s what I’m banking on anyway. :P 

That's probably not wise, if we are not able to save ourselves, we will not be able to sustain further technological development, which will require even more collective and individualistic responsibility.

Right now we are enslaving and exploiting more animals every year than humans have existed in the history of the world, what makes you think that they would save us if they are not even willing to save those slaves.

They might nudge us in the right direction, but if we can't deal with this ourselves, we simply are a failed species. The wisest thing at that point might be to let us go extinct, or allow us to evolve into a new direction after a fresh start post-cataclysm. Don't forget humanity most likely is not special at all, infact it could very well be that among all the other more developed species, we are exceptionally unconscious due to our particular genetic make-up.

And to those aliens, waiting a few million years might not be an issue. In fact, if they are here, it is likely that they were here for a long time and if you look at past cataclysms, it seems like they had no issue watching whole civilizations get obliterated.

Aliens probably recognize what I have described in my last post. This earth is it's own form of intelligence, and to evolve it must go through it's self-expression. To hinder that would be to actually disrespect the wisdom of Divinity, and they might clearly recognize that it would lead to more harm than good. The only possible way to change the trajectory of this world is through teaching us Inner Evolution, not force Outer Evolution.

One more important aspect here is that the individual and particular Expression of this Planet is in and of itself valuable. If the aliens were to come to this earth and simply impose their own unique evolution onto us, then they would destroy the very purpose of why they are trying to help us in the first place. They are trying to help us so that this planet can come to it's full and authentic self-expression, not so that they can create clones of their own particular planets dispositions. Otherwise, they could just let us all go extinct and replace us with themselves. They probably recognize divinity in the unique way this planet is evolving, and to think that they would know better than God itself would be pure arrogance. They are here to cherish God, not to impose their egoic desires onto God.

Contemplate this. If you were the aliens, would you save the dinosaurs from extinction by changing the trajectory of the asteroid? How could you possibly know that it is the wisest thing to do?

You have to let go of your attachment to humanity and see the bigger picture. Humanity is nothing in the grand scheme of things, and sooner than later it will perish, through evolution or extinction. That is the very point of all of this.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

Consider this:

“Thus it is said:
The path into the light seems dark,
the path forward seems to go back,
the direct path seems long,
true power seems weak,
true purity seems tarnished,
true steadfastness seems changeable,
true clarity seems obscure,
the greatest art seems unsophisticated,
the greatest love seems indifferent,
the greatest wisdom seems childish.

The Tao is nowhere to be found.
Yet it nourishes and completes all things.”

Contemplate this in the context of extinction and alien intervention.

Glory to Israel

17 hours ago, BeHereNow said:

I think much of the doom and gloom surrounding climate change comes from the fact that scientists still don't know how severe or not climate change will be

@BeHereNow Actually yes, they do. Of course it's impossible to say what exactly is going to happen and when, but it's safe to say that if we keep going the way we do, catastrophe will follow no matter what. Climate change is a very thoroughly researched subject. 

17 hours ago, Scholar said:

Panic evolved for a reason, sometimes it is appropriate.

@Scholar  Yeah that's probably what's going to happen. We'll corner ourselves, begin to panic and only then implement radical measures. 

2 hours ago, Scholar said:

The wisest thing at that point might be to let us go extinct, or allow us to evolve into a new direction after a fresh start post-cataclysm.

How about we don't let that happen to begin with and rather wise up now??

31 minutes ago, Tim R said:

How about we don't let that happen to begin with and rather wise up now??

Good luck with that.

Glory to Israel

15 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Good luck with that.

@Scholar Hence the title of this thread

On 9/19/2021 at 4:28 AM, Tim R said:

who simply don't give a fuck at all

IDGAF at all.

No fucks given, not even a third of a fuck

All

I

care

about is money

It's way too late.

We knew it since the 50's.

Funny how dumb and smart we can be at the same time.

On 9/19/2021 at 6:16 AM, Raptorsin7 said:

Mohammed is a rapist pedophile

FYP

Oh

you

Mean the rapist pedophile who raped a 9 year old?

That guy?

My dad is a rapist pedophile, maybe we could name him king.

What do you think ? And how do you feel about someone fucking a 9 year old?

I thought you knew better...

5 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

FYP

Oh

you

Mean the rapist pedophile who raped a 9 year old?

That guy?

My dad is a rapist pedophile, maybe we could name him king.

What do you think ? And how do you feel about someone fucking a 9 year old?

I thought you knew better...

I do know better.

And I don't support pedophilia, I just understand historical context

Yeah I knew  sorry.

I apologize to everyone. I have been acting up.

Arc