EntheogenTruthSeeker

New Age Conspiracy Mega Thread?

12 posts in this topic

Is there already one? 

Also, what are foundational differences between conservative and liberal conspiracies and why are they sooooooo common? 

like I get a lot of people don’t have life purposes, but that reasoning doesn’t really do it justice. 

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

This should about cover it:

Conspiracy theories are one of the major problems I see in the new age community.

It’s tempting to think that maybe just because you’ve discovered some truths outside the mainstream level of consciousness, that EVERY theory that isn’t mainstream must be true.

In reality, not being a sheep and going epistemically off-roading is a big responsibility. If you’re not careful, you’ll just end up sucked into crazy conspiracy theories. And it seems many new age people fail at this.

@aurum If you aren't a conspiracy theorist then why do you link to that video? It gives the video views and can make some people believe in the shit.

Edited by Blackhawk

12 hours ago, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

why are they sooooooo common? 

The opposite of conspiracy theory is that WE are responsible for the messed up state of the world, and have the freedom to do something positive about it. But that's hard work and shakes us out of our selfish bubbles, so it's easier to blame someone else and pass the buck. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

My mother's latest ingenious insight is that the vaccine and electromagnetic radiation from electronical devices work together to fuck us up.

And she told me that I should sell my apartment now because soon everybody will move out of all cities because of it.

Edited by Blackhawk

5 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

@aurum If you aren't a conspiracy theorist then why do you link to that video? It gives the video views and can make some people believe in the shit.

?

OP wanted to make this a mega thread. Posting examples is generally what that’s all about.

There are certainly risks to sharing conspiracy videos, which is what I was referring to in my previous post. This is epistemological off-roading. It is potentially dangerous, but there’s also lessons to be learned by studying conspiracies to see how they delude people. 

3 minutes ago, aurum said:

?

OP wanted to make this a mega thread. Posting examples is generally what that’s all about.

There are certainly risks to sharing conspiracy videos, which is what I was referring to in my previous post. This is epistemological off-roading. It is potentially dangerous, but there’s also lessons to be learned by studying conspiracies to see how they delude people. 

Oh okay, I didn't read the first post properly..

Well, if you guys click on the videos at least give the videos a down vote, that's what I did.

This usually doesn't end well...

On 20.10.2020 at 6:02 AM, Leo Gura said:

Locking this because it has not turned out to be a fruitful topic.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

It's tempting to believe in all kinds of stuff, to avoid taking responsibility and thinking for yourself. It's much easier to adopt meaning than to create it.

It does not matter what you believe in. New age, mainstream, whatever. If you cannot see or step outside of it, you're a prisoner of your own mind.

Fundamentally, it's all the same crap. Different shades and levels of delusion. And it's all driven by fear.

Where there are sides, there is deception.

All I know is that the democrat party in the US has burnt bridges with me, and it's not because of conspiracy theories.. the media constantly tells half truths and lies, has a bias towards a narrative they promote, and the ruling class constantly break the rules they make for everyone else and almost flaunt that they do this.  I don't believe spiritual growth necessarily means adopting progressive values if the people with those values believe the ends justify the means which many of them do in the US. We have much more toxic stage green here than in other countries. Playing dictator to force people to assimilate to your value system is not something I believe in. Lying to achieve an objective is not a valid approach from where I stand. Nor is cherry picking the parts of the story you want to promote.

I've come to see a healthy assimilation of all the spiral dynamics stages is more healthy than  person who is radically indoctrinated to believe in one stage. The ability to see things from multiple perspectives is very important. The ability to take criticism is important. The ability to question oneself and one's beliefs is important. I get the impression that many progressives want to spare people from this hard emotional labor and just tell them what to think... assimilate them to be radical greenies from a young age. I wouldn't have grown to the extent I have if I hadn't walked through all the shit I have in life... if I didn't have the ability to see things from a blue/red/orange perspective.

Edited by sholomar

59 minutes ago, sholomar said:

All I know is that the democrat party in the US has burnt bridges with me, and it's not because of conspiracy theories.. the media constantly tells half truths and lies, has a bias towards a narrative they promote, and the ruling class constantly break the rules they make for everyone else and almost flaunt that they do this.

Yeah thank God the Republicans don't do this.