Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PurpleTree

Does good stuff come from pushing yourself, or should you just to what you feel?

11 posts in this topic

For example now i don't feel like going out and seeing anyone.

But i want to because i can't go out the next three weekends.

Has good come in your life come when pushing yourself or more so going with the flow and only doing what you feel?

Edited by PurpleTree

8 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

Extremely push yourself but only if you are feeling it. 

:$ ok

1 minute ago, Sahil Pandit said:

Perhaps push yourself on things that you find worthwhile.

Is it worth it to you to be healthy? To meditate? 

@PurpleTree

what does healthy mean in your opinion?

@PurpleTree yeah.. In other words if you have a vision and want to realize it bad enough the pushing yourself is going to be enjoyable. Spit fucking blood. You will enjoy it. Feel the fire lol. We are all looking for this inspiration but i don't think you can force it to occur. If it's there then ride it. 

Do what feels good or contributes to it ultimately.  But sometimes that might mean doing things that involve a bit of suffering.

Like, there's a difference between doing grindy effort (which isn't sustainable anyways longterm) vs. Effort that actually feels fulfilling and enjoyable in its own right.  Do more of the latter.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

11 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Has good come in your life come when pushing yourself or more so going with the flow and only doing what you feel?

If you don't push yourself, you know what's gonna happen. You're going to procrastinate, which is very disastrous. Check why you should always push yourself and act immediately here: 

13 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Focusing on what you don’t want, don’t feel like, is like vacuuming the floor without the vacuum being plugged in. You can do that, but nothing becomes of it. 

What do you feel like / want? 

Motivation is about the avoidance of what you don’t want, while inspiration is the alignment of focusing on what you do want. 

What do you have in mind as good stuff? Specifics help, as that usage of good means good to you / what you want or prefer. 

Since you are yourself, what is meant by ‘pushing yourself’?

That consideration might lead to the alignment of inspiration. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@PurpleTree

I wouldn't expect the answer to your question to be a black or white one. It depends. Sometimes pushing yourself, as in letting the comfort zone go, is the way. Sometimes it isn't. Trial and error + feeling + introspecting is always the way; foolproof, when done with care and mindfulness.

No one can answer the question, but you. This question is not about pushing yourself, but what you authentically want. Are you connected to the things you want? Do you know what you want? Do you know how you want to feel? And why is there a wanting in the first place? Is anything missing? This question cannot be answered in thought, as your ego will only distort it. Only actual, direct experience can truly tell you the secret. The secret is a secret because it is SO obvious. It hides in the obviousness.

"Fucking forest! I can't see the goddamn trees! Where are they?!?"