UNZARI

Is love dangerous?

10 posts in this topic

Is it possible to make yourself into a vessel of love? I’ve done MDMA, acid, and shrooms and there’s always been a moment or the entire trip where the veil of ego gets ripped down and all I see is love. Anyone around me I instantly express my gratitude to, and the place I’m in becomes magical in every way. 

I haven’t tripped in a while but just now I had this love realization again, and it always puts tears of joy in my eyes. Love is all that matters in the end. 

Why does the human ego not like love all the time? It makes you and everyone around you feel good, so how is love not practical for an ego?

31 minutes ago, UNZARI said:

how is love not practical for an ego?

Hug a rattlesnake and see.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

yea we're still wired like hunter gatherers who have to be on the lookout all the time

some of us more than others

Edited by PurpleTree

If you didn't love love it wouldn't feel bad when you don't let it in. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

56 minutes ago, UNZARI said:

Why does the human ego not like love all the time?

"Ego" is (seeming) absence of Love. It's what prevents the recognition of Love.

Ego = Love, but not recognized

No Ego = Love, recognized 

Love can't see itself when there is ego, figuratively speaking. The self (ego) is what stands in the way of the recognition of selflessness (love). So the only way to recognize love is to "become" love/loving  (selfless) - but the irony is, that you can't become Love because you already are Love. 

Although, it's not quite right to say that "the ego prevents" the recognition of love, as if there was an ego and the not-seeing of love, because actually, the ego is the resistance to love. Therefore, love will work to recognize itself - love dissolving the resistance to love. Because that's what love is(/does). 

@Leo Gura lol good point. I guess the solution is to admire from a distance? Have a rational caution of your surroundings but love as much as possible  

@Tim R wow thanks I never thought of it like that. Humans are in quite a bind huh. We have a natural force in us that clouds our vision of our own selves as love. Crazy to wrap your head around 

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Hug a rattlesnake and see.

AHHAHAHAHHA

15 hours ago, UNZARI said:

Why does the human ego not like love all the time? It makes you and everyone around you feel good, so how is love not practical for an ego?

Love is the absence of the person.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 19/09/2021 at 6:37 AM, UNZARI said:

Is it possible to make yourself into a vessel of love? I’ve done MDMA, acid, and shrooms and there’s always been a moment or the entire trip where the veil of ego gets ripped down and all I see is love. Anyone around me I instantly express my gratitude to, and the place I’m in becomes magical in every way. 

I haven’t tripped in a while but just now I had this love realization again, and it always puts tears of joy in my eyes. Love is all that matters in the end. 

I've never done psychedelics, I come from a pretty conservative background and my social circle mainly consists of academics and people with relatively professional jobs where there interest in the hard stuff doesn't really include too much beyond anything that is alcoholic and cigarette based or maybe they just haven't told me. It's possible they just see me as this geeky person and I'm not in the "in" of other stuff they might do because they know about my background and activities. I'm just probably being self conscious at the moment though. I wouldn't even know where to get psychedelics though I am interested.

To answer the question, isn't that just about survival? :) 

Love for some people would be opposite for their sense of survival......What are you thinking? 9_9