Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Focus

Imagination

7 posts in this topic

How to imagine right?

When I try to imagine something, the imagination is always very short for a split of a second then it goes away, I can’t enjoy it and spend time with it or make it happen when I want

Its always random and my mind imagines compilations of things I don’t remember seeing before nor can describe hence I can’t visualize scenes. 

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

First I would like to know how one can imagine something in the wrong way?

Because I can't imagine that.

6 minutes ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

First I would like to know how one can imagine something in the wrong way?

Because I can't imagine that.

Like imagining things I wouldn’t want to imagine

lets say imagining money I’d imagine something else completely 

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

Takes practice.  Just like training in concentration, training your mind to hold certain images takes practice.  Including not only holding certain images, but also making them more clear, as well as including other elements like sounds, feelings, touch, smells, etc..

I'd suggest also trying to incorporate feeling into it.  I think this makes it easier, at least for me.  As in... ---> If I imagine in a more relaxed and enjoyable way, where I almost let feelings guide the way to a degree, then focusing and imagining becomes easier because I'm enjoying it and wanting those things.  Rather than focusing on stuff that's boring or undesireable, this will be harder and take more deliberate concentration skills etc..

Also consider, maybe money isn't what you truly want but is more of a conditioned desired from culture.  Do you feel like you want it?  Or do you think you want it?  

Either way, maybe just try experimenting with different things to imagine and include that connection with your feelings and what you want vs. don't want. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins