Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
levani

vipassana question

8 posts in this topic

so just focusing on scanning the body part isn't vipassana ?

vipassana is scanning the body + penetrating it with wisdom ?

what is this penetrating with wisdom ?

apparently i need to investigate (penetrate) no-self, impermanence and suffering

can someone explain this ?

Check out Frank Yang's youtube channel, I think he goes into this in more detail.

Typically vipassana is practiced by mindfully scanning one’s perceptive field while focusing one one of the three marks of existence, impermanence, not-self, dissatisfaction. You can do this while limiting concentration to the body sensations, or other sensations like sights or sounds, or you can do all three. 

Id highly recommend Shinzen Young’s See Hear Feel article. He breaks down the basics in a much more powerful way than how it’s traditionally taught. Shinzen’s emphasis on the expansive and contractive elements of our moment by moment experiences is extremely powerful and much clearer than how traditional vipassana practice is framed. 

Penetrating with wisdom for Vipassana scans for me is equanimity of the subtle sensations and the gross sensations.

The more equanimous I am with the subtle sensations, I find it easier to be equanimous with the gross sensations.

Edited by Pacific Sage

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

Try to understand the sensation you're focusing on. It may help you to think about the three characteristics a few times during the session / observe the three characteristics while you watch the sensation.

@levani

What was previously believed to be “a body “ is infinite intelligence (actual wisdom). You could say this is fully realized when you let go of the ‘inner bodies’ to the most subtle (love-bliss). 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Pacific Sage said:

The more equanimous I am with the subtle sensations, I find it easier to be equanimous with the gross sensations.

This is key. We also start to see how a lack of equanimity at these subtle, microscopic sensations leads to grosser, macroscopic suffering. When we purify the depths, the surface starts to shine.