Vision

Is the desire for Truth a core desire amongst everyone?

34 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2021 at 2:47 AM, Vision said:

Who is looking for Truth? Who is experiencing Truth? That implies that there is such a thing as a "Who". To which I don't know how to navigate or point towards. 

The desire is looking, obviously. There aren’t any separate selves! 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

32 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The desire is looking, obviously. There aren’t any separate selves! 

@Nahm
What is the desire? Where is it coming from? It is just arising in appearance. A desire for Truth is arising in experience, but from where? Or does it not have to be from anywhere?

What is the desire?

A cup appears to be separate, and communicatively we’ve labeled this apparent separate thing, “cup”. “Cup” means - not all the other stuff. Without ‘not all the other stuff’ implication, “cup” is a vibration, a meaningless ‘sound’. Same for ‘what’. ‘What’ means - not how, who, why, where, etc. Without indirect meaning there’d be no experience of meaning at all. Which there actually isn’t, which is of course paradoxically profoundly meaningfull. 

But desire (though the word is a label which only communicates a pointing) is not at all like a “cup”. There isn’t even the appearance of something separate. Actually raise your arm and finger & attempt to point to desire. When you do, and you realize in direct experience that this is not possible, you then know without any doubt whatsoever that desire is not ‘a what’, and thus no thought label could ever possible satisfy the desire to know & understand, desire itself. 

Where is it coming from?

If you find you can not point to an origin or source of desire, allow the revelation to be simply, plain, clear, uneventful and self evident - in your own direct experience so to speak, desire is not coming from anywhere. 

It is just arising in appearance. A desire for Truth is arising in experience, but from where? Or does it not have to be from anywhere?

Also, don’t hold desire to be exceptional. Is any thing actually coming from any where? 

Then you could consider, is ‘desire for truth’, really even a valid thought in the first place? What meaning has this phrase, this question, this sound, this vibration? What is ‘not the truth’, and ‘not desire’, such there can be the impression of meaning for ‘the truth’, or ‘desire’, or, ‘desire for truth’? 

Admittedly radical in a certain context, but meant as plain & ordinary… is it not a complete assumption that every single person you encounter is not already completely aware of the truth already? How do you know that is not the case? I’m not trying to suggest, imply or convince that that is the case, but I am saying how do you know absolutely that it isn’t? Isn’t it equally possible and just as plausible that this is the case, but one is thinking it is not?

I think Everyone would prefer the truth of a matter rather than the bullsh*t. People think they get closer to Truth by religion, science, reading books, listening to podcasts.

I beleive the desire for truth (truth in general) is a core feature amongst every person. But people are just kidding themselves. They get trapped into web of lies withour knowing that they do so.

Maybe most people prefer survival over truth, but we can't deny the fact that everyone is pursuing the truth in their own ways, everyone would like to know what happens after death for example. Everyone Consciously would prefer to know the truth of a matter rather the bs of a matter. That's my take on it. 

Noone consciously decides to believe in bs.

Edited by SQAAD

@Nahm

How can I understand what desire is? 

25 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Is any thing actually coming from any where? 

No. Things just arise in experience. 

When I walk into the room next to me, form and appearance change, but I am still experiencing a now.

27 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Then you could consider, is ‘desire for truth’, really even a valid thought in the first place? What meaning has this phrase, this question, this sound, this vibration? What is ‘not the truth’, and ‘not desire’, such there can be the impression of meaning for ‘the truth’, or ‘desire’, or, ‘desire for truth’? 

I don't know.

28 minutes ago, Nahm said:

is it not a complete assumption that every single person you encounter is not already completely aware of the truth already? How do you know that is not the case? I’m not trying to suggest, imply or convince that that is the case, but I am saying how do you know absolutely that it isn’t? 

Yes, it is a complete assumption. I have no idea whether every single person I encounter is already awakened or not, it just seems that way. 

Also a separate question I wanted to ask you @Nahm is: What books on Law of Attraction would you recommend to read and - if worthwhile - in what order?

Just now, Nahm said:

Does it seem that way for Me?

I don't know. For all I know, maybe you are, maybe you aren't. But the same goes with every other "enlightened person" out there. 

For example, I believe that Peter Ralston is enlightened because I have given my authority away to people who say he is, and the notion of what constitutes an "Enlightened person". That's why it seems like he's enlightened to me. But this "seeming" is constructed from ideas and concepts I picked up. 

@Vision

For the base understanding, The Nature of Consciousness by Rupert Spira. For the ‘in action’ aspects, Ask & It Is Given by Esther Hicks. Then, I’d read Stillness Peaks by Elkhart Tolle to loosen up on thought / meaning, bringing the realization of creator creating creation into experience even more deeply. Then I’d look to dreamboarding and seeing that what is desired and allowed by the mind to be, does indeed by, for maybe six months. Then, I’d read the same three books again. Then more conscious creating / dreamboarding. Then, down the road, once the mind has really blown wide open, I’d read the Bible, and specifically the gospel of Thomas just for the delight of the full circle, and the pleasure of subtle distinctions like capitol M’s in Me. 

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

For the base understanding, The Nature of Consciousness by Rupert Spira. For the ‘in action’ aspects, Ask & It Is Given by Esther Hicks. Then, I’d read Stillness Peaks by Elkhart Tolle to loosen up on thought / meaning, bringing the realization of creator creating creation into experience even more deeply. Then I’d look to dreamboarding and seeing that what is desired and allowed by the mind to be, does indeed by, for maybe six months. Then, I’d read the same three books again. Then more conscious creating / dreamboarding. Then, down the road, once the mind has really blown wide open, I’d read the Bible, and specifically the gospel of Thomas just for the delight of the full circle, and the pleasure of subtle distinctions like capitol M’s in Me. 

Thank you! Have you ever thought about making a book list? I would be the first to buy it :D 

38 minutes ago, Vision said:

Thank you! Have you ever thought about making a book list? I would be the first to buy it :D 

Even better than that, he's coming out with a book. Scroll to bottom. https://www.actualityofbeing.com/

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Vision

Appreciate ya asking. Pretty soon. Learning as I go, tried an editor, realized that doesn’t work for this kind of book, and now into the editing. Going great, should be soon-ish. There is an ‘email sign up’ on my site to be notified when it’s done if interested. 

@mandyjw

? Very much looking forward to reading yours as well. 

On 9/18/2021 at 3:02 AM, Vision said:

I can't imagine anything more fascinating to be doing than working on realizing the Truth.

@Vision I agree. I have had a insatiable curiosity to realize truth since I was young. The majority of people seem content being lost in their dream though. I use to be very surprised by this. How could they not care to understand the deeper meanings of life? They are just exploring something else. Enjoying the game of forgetting they are god and getting lost in their creations.