Vision

Is the desire for Truth a core desire amongst everyone?

34 posts in this topic

While I haven't experience Truth myself, I can just intuit that it is profound. I can't imagine anything more fascinating to be doing than working on realizing the Truth. 

Why am I here? What is this? What is Reality? Why this experience and not something else? Doesn't everyone ask these questions? I mean it seems like reality just popped out of nowhere doesn't it? - Actually, as I'm writing this, I remembered that most people genuinely take it as truth that they came out of their mother into an "objective reality". But how come no one questions it?

I am projecting my own biases and interests onto others. But it's just amazing to me how not everyone is interested in this work. 

Maybe, at everyone's deepest core, they desire Truth? They just don't know it because they chase illusions disguised as such.

ego has a deep interest in keeping its king of its world mentality alive, i mean hell it feels good right?

Plus if i play my cards right, my world can grow and grow and who knows maybe one day i can be god of the whole universe

All you guys please stay sleeping and let me be king like the Bezos the Musk the Gates of the world

truth may be free but truth is far from cheap, have to count the hefty cost and give up the trappings the trinkets the trophies

43 minutes ago, Vision said:

43 minutes ago, Vision said:

Why am I here? What is this? What is Reality? Why this experience and not something else? Doesn't everyone ask these questions? I mean it seems like reality just popped out of nowhere doesn't it? - Actually, as I'm writing this, I remembered that most people genuinely take it as truth that they came out of their mother into an "objective reality". But how come no one questions it?

Those questions are coming from the ilusory sense of me. They are not right or wrong, it's what appears to happen. It's THIS appearing as questions asked by a questioner.

If you don't know who you are,  first and last question is 'who am I?'

All the other questions disappear, not because you have answers, but because the questioner disappears 

3 minutes ago, Chris365 said:

Those questions are coming from the ilusory sense of me. They are not right or wrong, it's what appears to happen. It's THIS appearing as questions asked by a questioner.

If you don't know who you are,  first and last question is 'who am I?'

All the other questions disappear, not because you have answers, but because the questioner disappears 

@Chris365 

Who is asking "Why am I here? What is this? What is Reality? Why this experience and not something else? Doesn't everyone ask these questions?"

The questions are not coming from a self. That is an illusory layer on top of the appearance of questions being asked in consciousness. 

When I ask "Who am I?" or "Who is asking these questions?" my 'mind' just goes blank. I don't know who I am or what I am. 

Actually most people they care about survival. They don't care about the truth. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Actually most people they care about survival. They don't care about the truth. 

@Someone here
That is my question - how does it never occur to them to ask what it is they are actually doing? Of course I am heavily projecting. But I just want to know why. Is self-reflection painful for most people? 

As I'm writing this I am contemplating why self-reflection would be painful. Imagine doing something for 10 years only to realize that you are deluding yourself or that there is something better out there for you. It may be a mixture of sunk cost fallacy and fear of admitting one's way of life is not being used to its full potential. 

23 minutes ago, Vision said:

@Someone here
That is my question - how does it never occur to them to ask what it is they are actually doing? Of course I am heavily projecting. But I just want to know why. Is self-reflection painful for most people? 

As I'm writing this I am contemplating why self-reflection would be painful. Imagine doing something for 10 years only to realize that you are deluding yourself or that there is something better out there for you. It may be a mixture of sunk cost fallacy and fear of admitting one's way of life is not being used to its full potential. 

Is your dream story of asking the relevant non deluded questions, no matter the cost, better than their dream stories? Who wants to know? Who cares?

@Vision of course it does occur to most people to question their existence. But they learn how to ignore it and focus on other things. 

Maybe you are not.. But most people are so busy engaging in the survival rat race that they literally have no time for truth. Lol 

Human existence is a bunch of dogs fighting for a piece of meat. That's it.

And the piece of meat is of higher priority than truth. For most people at least. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Vision said:

While I haven't experience Truth myself, I can just intuit that it is profound.

How profound? Profound enough that there isn’t anyone looking for or experiencing truth? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The love of truth is marked by the love for it. The love of love is love. Everyone loves. Even at our most selfish we act out of love for ourselves. We just don't know how Great, Vast, Borderless we really are. We want to, because we love, and desire and wanting, is only love. You say you love truth, someone else says they love something else. What's behind it is the Same. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

19 hours ago, Chris365 said:

Is your dream story of asking the relevant non deluded questions, no matter the cost, better than their dream stories? Who wants to know? Who cares?

@Chris365 No, I don't think so. "Better" is relative to one's bias. 
Why do I want to know? Why do I care?

My first instinct was to say "I don't know". 
But scrutinize it further, and I find that it is likely because I still have a shadow in my motivation. I want validation that what I am doing is the right thing, because I always second guess myself and wonder if there is something better out there for me. 

18 hours ago, Nahm said:

How profound? Profound enough that there isn’t anyone looking for or experiencing truth? 

@Nahm I don't know.
Who is looking for Truth? Who is experiencing Truth? That implies that there is such a thing as a "Who". To which I don't know how to navigate or point towards. 

I have been shocked to find so many people don't give a single fuck. They'd be about as interested in a definitive answer to reality as they are in the scores of a sports game.

Truth can be terrifying. Shattering everything you've constructed up until this point is not something most people want to acknowledge. I don't think I am ready for that yet either otherwise I would be conscious of it right now in this very moment. 

I don't think it's a core interest. Well, perhaps but what most people call truth is pseudo truth or, what relative truths they can use to maintain or better their survival. Most people are selfish I think.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I believe the core interest for the majority of people is to get to THEIR own fabricated truth. The problem with that, is that it has to be protected at all cost, once you cling on to it.

If by everyone you mean almost noone, then yes.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, kamwalker said:

Truth can be terrifying. Shattering everything you've constructed up until this point is not something most people want to acknowledge. I don't think I am ready for that yet either otherwise I would be conscious of it right now in this very moment. 

Every time I had a major shift in my world view it hurt like a death in the family. And I was glad I did it afterward in time. I set out looking for truth no matter what, not really knowing what I was letting myself in for, so I took my lumps. But I don't think most people are brave enough.

I would say the desire for Peace and Love is the core desire amongst everyone. 

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If by everyone you mean almost noone, then yes.

@Leo Gura So you're saying that almost no one has the desire for Truth at the core of their being?

14 hours ago, Late Boomer said:

Every time I had a major shift in my world view it hurt like a death in the family.

I don't know if it's only me but existential crises have always been satisfying for me.

It can be painful to admit that a way of living was a house of cards, sure. But, the pain is satisfying.

It's sort of like the pain you get when working out at the gym. You can enjoy the pain in the sense that you feel that you are improving yourself as you experience the pain. Ever felt really good when pumping out those last reps even though it hurt like a bitch? 

everyone you meet lives the absolute truth

according to their level of consciousness

even lies are the truth according to the above

when you know this, it is massively liberating

all are doing what they are able

majority out there breaking their back

to get them this day their daily bread

zero energy motivation inclination opportunity hunch for anything else

they will never happen on this even in their wilder dreams

Edited by gettoefl