Brandon Nankivell

Coming out of hermit mode and into the social world again: Worth it?

7 posts in this topic

PT Mistlberger has decades of experience as doing the work and from what I can tell, is very spiritually mature.

One of his big points of emphasis is monks / sages etc... traditionally spend solitary lives, but he strongly encourages being in the world and to continuously be 'in relationship' with others, as this can help bring out character blind-spots and challenge you to develop them etc.

In my current stage of development (2 big first awakenings this year: 1,000 on-the-dial awakening + kensho-style laughing buddha "Ah! This is it! All this time..."), it makes sense to me to exit the crazy world of social relations (in a men's support group right now but see it as full of distractions).

Mistlerberger seems to imply staying in the social world whilst also doing the work. In my experience, this doesn't seem to be working well. Distraction central! Ideas! Beliefs! Expectations! Temptations! Party Invites! Madness!

I see the value in deepening the awakenings without distractions, especially social ones. Maybe this takes a few years.

Then slowly re-integrating into the social world, assuming there is a purpose behind it (like pursuing a big awesome business or project that requires social interaction).

Thoughts?

why not split the day into three equal parts sleep self social

world is the fine tuned precisely calibrated laboratory to expedite your maximal divine development

it is for no one other than you

shunning the world is just repression and may fool you that you have reached

embrace rather than renounce

Edited by gettoefl

There aren't any distractions, you create them when you label "distraction". What do you actually want, deep down? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Yes. It is fine to play the social game, you can enjoy it while still being aware that it is a game. It's like playing a video game, it doesn't matter, but it is fun and enjoyable.

15 hours ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

*Hermit mode ACTIVATED*

Social interaction pending... Please wait

^_^