Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rilles

Is 1 Gram Of Mushrooms A Good First Time Dose?

13 posts in this topic

This will be my first real foray into the psychedelic world, I plan to work my way up from 1 gram (dried obviously) to maybe 3 or 4 grams and do around 5 trips over about year or more. I had a traumatic experience with weed when I was around 17 so Im stepping into this carefully, although I know shrooms are nothing like weed. I know I'm fairly prepared for this , I've been researching all kinds of psychoactive chemicals as a hobby for about 10 years. I will be doing them alone because people make me self-conscious and I prefer my own company (Introvert).

Do you think 1 gram is enough to just ease me into this or should I go even as low as 0.5 grams?

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Start as low as you possibly can. Remember the old saying, you can always take more, but you can't take less once you've ingested it. Once you take it you're riding it like it or not.

Also I know you said you prefer your own company, but I would strongly advise you to get a sitter, and make sure it's someone you completely trust and feel good in their company. You can easily hurt yourself in those states, particularly if you start panicking. And since you have no prior experience, it's wise to not risk it by doing it alone. Good luck.

Edited by impulse9

54 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

Start as low as you possibly can. Remember the old saying, you can always take more, but you can't take less once you've ingested it. Once you take it you're riding it like it or not.

Also I know you said you prefer your own company, but I would strongly advise you to get a sitter, and make sure it's someone you completely trust and feel good in their company. You can easily hurt yourself in those states, particularly if you start panicking. And since you have no prior experience, it's wise to not risk it by doing it alone. Good luck.

I really dont have the ability to have a trip sitter at the moment, thats why Im starting really low. Alright maybe I will go for 0.8 grams or something, thanks for your advice!!!

I'd say that 1g is a good starter dose for anyone who is not super hyper sensitive to Psychedelics... but of course, you won't know if that's you or not before you tried it. ;)

And I can definitely confirm that if you are an introvert (like myself), chances are that you will feel much more safe and secure tripping alone than in the company of others; just make sure you do it in a comfy and SAFE place and have a cozy blanket nearby - and, of course, tasty snacks. Don't forget those tasty snacks, baby!

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

12 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

I'd say that 1g is a good starter dose for anyone who is not super hyper sensitive to Psychedelics... but of course, you won't know if that's you or not before you tried it. ;)

And I can definitely confirm that if you are an introvert (like myself), chances are that you will feel much more safe and secure tripping alone than in the company of others; just make sure you do it in a comfy and SAFE place and have a cozy blanket nearby - and, of course, tasty snacks. Don't forget those tasty snacks, baby!

Thats the rub eh! Once I have gotten over the first trip then I will know what to expect... Maybe I am super sensitive maybe I am not... Ah its so annoying, just gotta take that plunge I guess.

Haha, yes, I will cozy up, light some incense, put on some hippie pants and chill the fuck out to some world music haha.

1g is a responsible dose for your first time.

check out which strain if you can, as some strains, like psilocybe azurescens, has around 2.5x the psilocybin of psilocybe cubensis (which is what most people usually take)

1 minute ago, Regan said:

1g is a responsible dose for your first time.

check out which strain if you can, as some strains, like psilocybe azurescens, has around 2.5x the psilocybin of psilocybe cubensis (which is what most people usually take)

SWIM has Cambodian Cubensis.

1gram should do you just fine. That's how much I took on my first time. 

Reminds me the first trips with shrooms tea... 1g of B+... it's like a first kiss :D enjoy!

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@nahm @allislove 

You guys are hyping me up now haha! This will be fun!

1g gram is a good starting dose for most people. For me it was too lil and not worth it. Just got a slight buzz.

Take no less than 1g and no more than 2g for your 1st time.

Edited by SQAAD

I think 1,5g is a better starting dose for a first time. You just need to have valerian with you for the trip. That way you know you can end any strong anxiety that comes up if you want to, by taking 10 pills of valerian. Best not to use the valerian, but having it with you is helpful.