roopepa

I'm tired of spirituality.

20 posts in this topic

More like tired of what I used to think was spirituality.

Thoughts and beliefs about the ego, awakening, states of consciousness, stages of development, self-deception, survival, psychedelics, duality, oneness... These feel so limiting. At least the way I see them, it's such a burden. I'm starting to get sick of it. Obviously I've been doing something "wrong".

These are great tools! You never see a human being, life and society the same. But life is here and now. I wanna live it. The map is not the territory! :D

I've been opening up lately like never before. Something has changed. I see how much was based on simple emotional troubles. And as you let go, the more truth shines.

Can't really express what I want to say. It's like the first rays of sun after a long dark cloudy night. I bet some of you understand.

I'm just fucking done with it. I don't wanna be "spiritual". I don't wanna be "awake" or "highly conscious" or "selfless". I just wanna live. I wanna go see the mountains and beautiful trees and have a few laughs and tears with friends. That's the stuff.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

That's what's appearing to happen there :)

It's whole and complete.

Man, I am just getting warmed up

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 minute ago, Thought Art said:

Man, I am just getting warmed up

Go for it! Do what you enjoy and love.

:)

Right, the map is not the territory. But ideas about awakening is the map, of course you will get tired of it

Totally understand what you are saying. The question is what does it mean to live life to the fullest? Life is happening on a level of being and spirituality is about getting you to those high levels. You can't really enjoy and take in this experience if you are not "highly conscious". It would be like wanting to enjoy a beautiful sunset with only two percent eyesight. That's what people generally don't understand. Instead of improving their "vision", they are busy hunting after the most beautiful sunset. No matter how beautiful the sunset gets, the magic of it will not get through to you due to your lack of vision 

Edited by Jakuchu

The talk about spirituality in this community is very analytical and boring for free souls like me.

Those talks were very eyes opening but they are so serious that they made me feel exhausted. This serious energy that exists here is something that goes against the playfulness of life.

People may say very accurate things here but they are luck of life, luck of passion, experience, they are mechanical and methodical like science.

@roopepa ???????

Exactly, live life your truly want... follow your dreams --- f#ck spirituality ???

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

You're burning out because so-called spirituality isn't something separate than everyday life.

The map IS also the territory, there is no separation.

The apparent issue is an illusory individual attempts to find a particular something within everything in a futile attempt to make everything better... but there is only everything without separation already.

There's no getting outside of everything to point at it and say 'see i found everything, it's right there' and this is the path which led "ME" there.

There's nothing in particular to find, everything is already whole, complete and perfect......this recognition is like Kryptonite to the "sense of self" which lives in a world of meaning, purpose and value where something always feels like it needs to be found.

Nothing is missing already. That's the Cosmic Joke and Open Secret. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

3 hours ago, roopepa said:

I'm just fucking done with it. I don't wanna be "spiritual". I don't wanna be "awake" or "highly conscious" or "selfless". I just wanna live. I wanna go see the mountains and beautiful trees and have a few laughs and tears with friends. That's the stuff.

“Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing.”

Ajahn Chah. 

(An enlightened monk who spent decades meditating :D ). 

Edited by snowyowl
Spelling.

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

7 hours ago, roopepa said:

as you let go, the more truth shines.

It's like the first rays of sun after a long dark cloudy night. 

Yes and yes. 

You aren't doing anything wrong. 

In fact, the opposite. 

Go to the mountains and the trees, laugh with friends. I've been laughing ever since I saw the light. 

We take it all far too seriously. 

You are going to do staff that's in proportion to life's condition your competence and development or depending on what spiral stage you are as they say in this forum. Hard core spirituality in my opinion it's tough, life dedication. Your not doing anything wrong your just tired because maybe you got no results so far or you though that if I follow this path everything is gonna make sense. Like Leo says enlightenment is not everything, you need to be good at survival etc etc. Enjoy yourself. Mountain it's a great place to go. Your doing fine, your awesome ??

11 hours ago, roopepa said:

More like tired of what I used to think was spirituality.

Thoughts and beliefs about the ego, awakening, states of consciousness, stages of development, self-deception, survival, psychedelics, duality, oneness... These feel so limiting. At least the way I see them, it's such a burden. I'm starting to get sick of it. Obviously I've been doing something "wrong".

Spirituality is a concept, it is a human construct. All the methods/practices and concepts you address are human inventions as well. They are not awakening, they are only tools to propel you towards awakening.

Remember the Zen monk that has been in a Zen monastery for 30 years without getting enlightened, even though he abandoned his entire life for Zen, including abstaining from any material desire? Well, disappointed for his lack of "success", he left the monastery and went directly to a brothel. While having intercourse with a prostitute he had an Enlightenment.

15 hours ago, Random witch said:

Those talks were very eyes opening but they are so serious that they made me feel exhausted. This serious energy that exists here is something that goes against the playfulness of life.

Yes, I see the same thing.

It's often too clinical here. I'd like more emotion and playfulness. A little bit of fairie magic:

89160871f349d85d3f6875a226e95710--brian-froud-oracle-cards~2.jpg

Edited by roopepa

12 hours ago, snowyowl said:

“Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing.”

Ajahn Chah. 

❤️❤️❤️

@Jakuchu  @roopepa BTW I appreciate Leo's work, when you think about what this person done, what he went through, how he built himself and still building, how he came to conclusions by himself and connected the dots and find a way to effectively bring it to us, how open minded he is and how patience he has to explain people stuff that you rarely can find elsewhere.... It's really amazing and mind blowing.

But it's important to balance his teachings with other teachings, complementary ones that aren't that rigorous. 

Yes, I see the same thing.

It's often too clinical here. I'd like more emotion and playfulness. A little bit of fairie magic

Totally agree ♥

Edited by Random witch