Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gianna

Oneness is God's Ego

41 posts in this topic

I heard a spiritual teacher say this. What does this mean? 

What is happening Now, this, is God's imagination. Thoughts, feelings, sensations, and yes Ego, are all part of this, this reality bubble. So yes, Ego is part (this is a fallacy, as 'part of' points to separation, which there is none) of God's Oneness. 

two-ness is my ego, oneness is god's ego

stay two or see one is the choice presented

the death of ego is the beginning of god

I think there are too many possible definitions of ego (and god) for this quote to still hold the meaning the teacher wanted to convey outside of the context of the talk/writing

Was just pondering this same thing. Two thoughts come to mind:

- "Oneness" is a way of defining existence. Which puts a conceptual limit on limitlessness.

- The path goes much further than an experience of oneness. It might get into deeper paradoxes which is beyond my current level of realization.

Frank Yang likes to say that first there is transcendence of the individual ego, then transcendence of the soul, and finally transcendence of the creator aspect of God, which is like the ultimate ego in a way. 

12 hours ago, noticeom said:

"Oneness" is a way of defining existence. Which puts a conceptual limit on limitlessness.

- The path goes much further than an experience of oneness. It might get into deeper paradoxes which is beyond my current level of realization.

this is what I was thinking. And yeah, same. Very insane. 

12 hours ago, Wilhelm44 said:

Frank Yang likes to say that first there is transcendence of the individual ego, then transcendence of the soul, and finally transcendence of the creator aspect of God, which is like the ultimate ego in a way. 

hm. Very interesting. Isn't Frank Yang on this forum? 

@Wilhelm44 not sure what Frank means by transcend the creator???. You are the conscious creator of your reality. You are Atman. You are that. 

Anyways, 

Oneness is God's ego. It's a joke basically, because God's ego and "your" ego are identical.

Edited by Godishere

God has no attributes, if you think you have percived it you have not. Deep stillness is got. If you completely disolve yourself there god. I read it somewhere don't remember

So Leo says god is becoming infinitely conscious of everything. My question is is Awerness part only of human being? When you are tripping on DMT you have an experience because you have a vehicle or a body, but if you disolve yourself there no experience left, total emptiness. What are your thoughts on this one?

7 minutes ago, Virgo said:

So Leo says god is becoming infinitely conscious of everything. My question is is Awerness part only of human being? When you are tripping on DMT you have an experience because you have a vehicle or a body, but if you disolve yourself there no experience left, total emptiness. What are your thoughts on this one?

You don't need a body to have an experience. For example, during an OBE, you can completely dissolve your body and all the visual and auditory appearances can remain.

And actually this is also happening now. There are visual amd auditory appearances, and they are not perceived through the body.  They exist independently of the body.  Because the body is just yet another appearance/imagination.

@Virgo total emptiness=infinite consciousness

You are awareness, everything appears(contents) within your consciousness/awareness. 

The body mind is held within your awareness. DMT is held within your awareness. Total emptiness, is conscious awareness. In other words, you cannot die. You are Atman brother

@GreenWoods Well I agree that are auditory appearance s or whatever you call them, but I disagree on OBE, your percieving yourself in a different way your not disolved. But still everything you percieve or know it's because your have a human body. If I shot you dead yll stop being aware. Or maybe not who knows. 

@Godishere this made sense to me. So my next question is this awerness has no attributes or identity right? So there is a state of existence called awerness god or whatever. As they say consciousness the final frontier. Is there a way to become conscious of this without DMT? I'm trying lots of contemplation lately. 

19 minutes ago, Virgo said:

@GreenWoods Well I agree that are auditory appearance s or whatever you call them, but I disagree on OBE, your percieving yourself in a different way your not disolved. 

What do you mean? You mean it is not possible to have an OBE without a astral body? I've read about people experiencing that.

Essentially it's a bit similar to when you try to remote view. There are visual and auditory appearances without a body who perceives it and yet you are aware of them. Because perception doesn't exist, only direct awareness (/being/imagination).

24 minutes ago, Virgo said:

. But still everything you percieve or know it's because your have a human body. If I shot you dead yll stop being aware. Or maybe not who knows. 

Correlation doesn't prove causation. Just because changes in the state of the body correlate with changes in appearances, doesn't mean that they were caused by those.

For this dream/illusion to work, God creates the illusion of causation. If you eat you gain weight, if you fast you lose weight. But the food or lack of food was never the causation. It happened that way becauae God imagined it that way. God could just as well imagine that you lose weight when eating, and that you gain weight when fasting.  But then the illusion of the dream wouldn't be as strong. Therefore it doesn't happen, unless God decides to lower the difficulty level of this dream/game.

32 minutes ago, Virgo said:

@Godishere this made sense to me. So my next question is this awerness has no attributes or identity right? So there is a state of existence called awerness god or whatever. As they say consciousness the final frontier. Is there a way to become conscious of this without DMT? I'm trying lots of contemplation lately. 

You mean the formless Godhead? No body awareness and so on?

Difficult without psychedelics. Contemplation is extremely unlikely to get you there. Your best bet is probably to induce it from within a lucid dream. 

And sleep yoga of course, but that requires a lot of effort (unless you are naturally talented).

And SAT transmissions can help.

If you mean God/Awarenss with your body and room still present, then that is a lot easier. Other practices might get you there too. 

15 hours ago, Gianna said:

Oneness is God's Ego

Sounds like "Tomato is Potato's Cucumber" :D 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Godishere The way I understand his teaching is that it's about deconstructing all sensation. And that even God mind is still a sense of self that can be deconstructed. In Vedanta, the teacher James Swartz talks about the creator aspect of God, known as Ishvara, as just being one aspect of God. The phrase "freedom is freedom" refers to an indescribable beyondness, ie beyond the creator aspect itself. So in a way your true nature is prior to God as the creator, but of course still God.