Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SonataAllegro

Why contemplate fucking a goat?

10 posts in this topic

I don't understand why @Leo Gura emphasizes uncovering your biases when he also says that, no matter how aware of them you are, you're still going to act on most of them. Why contemplate fucking a goat when I'm never going to do it? Yes, it jars my mind and reveals my bias more starkly, but practically speaking, the only way I can become infinite is by gradually uncovering and letting go of my biases in a baby step process. Uncovering smaller biases seems more worthwhile because I can actually let go of them through action - what kind of foods I avoid, what kinds of questions I ask, who my friends are, etc. Contemplating taboo topics has value but I don't see why simpler things aren't more important for this work.

He also only briefly mentioned at the end what I think is maybe the most important part - holding a bias against bias is bias. This, to me, is the master key. If you can be totally impartial to either a completely biased mind or an unbiased mind or every degree of bias in between, the work stops being a goal-directed desire to reach infinity and becomes a game you play with yourself, and that is infinity.

In fact, any time Leo paints this kind of strange loop (God limits itself because limitlessness includes all limitation; rationality is skeptical of everything but its own skepticism; nihilism deconstructs everything but meaninglessness, Non-Duality includes non-duality and duality), is where my mind is blown the most and I derive the most meaning and guidance from his work. His explanations like this are what collapse huge contradictions that few spiritual teachers talk about, and I wish he belabored more upon those points (and maybe less on pointing out the biases in science and politics, which by now, most of us are keenly aware of).

1 hour ago, SonataAllegro said:

I don't understand why @Leo Gura emphasizes uncovering your biases when he also says that, no matter how aware of them you are, you're still going to act on most of them. Why contemplate fucking a goat when I'm never going to do it?

It is easy to uncover your cognitive biases.

However, when your biases are deeply intertwined with your emotions (a place where rationality doesn't reach), then your biases are impossibly harder to uncover. 

The point of this contemplation is to "feel" the bias, not rationally think about it. How does it make you feel? why? 

You contemplate these things because you trying to understand your bias mechanism. Because as long as we judge or hate aspects of reality it keeps up from infinite love.

We can act on a bias for survival or practical reasons but we need not let bias lead to suffering or hatred.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I contemplated, realised the difference between the goat and a human was imaginary, went to proceed to fuck the goat, then fucked the goat...

was the best sex i ever had

Edited by Huz

I mean, don't knock till you try it you know what I mean?

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Huz said:

I contemplated, realised the difference between a goat and a human was imaginary, went to proceed to fuck a goat, then fucked a goat...

was the best sex i ever had

goat sex = greatest of all time

1 minute ago, PurpleTree said:

goat sex = greatest of all time

OMG, I never thought of this. Give me some of that GOAT SEX!!!

◭"89"