SQAAD

From 0 to 10 How Much Scared Are You of Death?

50 posts in this topic

I've got a weird arrythmia where basically my heart kinda stops abruptly and then restarts all over again (This is how it feels). Lol. This has made me think that i could die at any time. Maybe one day the heart won't ''restart'' again. This doesn't happen all the time but it happens on a monthly basis. 

Still though i get this delusional sense that i am gonna live another 30-40 years for sure. (I'm 28). I think almost everybody thinks this way. That they are gonna probably live for many years to come. This is not grounded in reality. Because the reality is you cannot be sure how much you're gonna live. Statistically you could make assumptions and estimations though.

My fear of death is at a level of 3. Even when i think i'm gonna die, i don't usually panick. I don't get paranoid over death. BUT having said this, at the moment when i am dying, when i know for sure that i am gonna meet my Creator, i don't know how am i gonna react. Maybe i will get utterly terrified when i realize that i am actually dying. But now i am kinda cool.

My grandpa actually, before he died. He got so terrified that he was no longer responding to any of our questions. At that time he knew his time was coming. He got extemely Terrified and just didn't move. After that he went on a coma. I still think that his mind made him go into a coma because he didn't want a conscious death. (Maybe that's bs , idk for sure). Because generally he feared death more than most people. He didn't want to face death. He was always avoiding it. Even when he was in his 80s, he thought he could live for many years still to come lol.

How much would you say you fear death from 0 to 10?

αρχείο λήψης.jpg

Edited by SQAAD

My mind is relatively afraid but """my""" consciousness doesn't give a single fuck. My mind finds some solace in understanding that it is just an object to eternal undivided consciousness... Though also the existential terror that comes with the infinite nature of existence (e.g. eternal torture alone in a void like the Jaunt).

Edited by RMQualtrough

When you turn a light off in a room, there’s no more room. But you don’t add a narrative about how a you or a room dies. And the room certainly doesn’t add the narrative that it’s thinking. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

When the body dies it'll still be just this all-there-is. So N/A, but I really don't know.

Dying is much easier than really fully living without fear.  

what if we just kept quiet instead? is there really any difference ...

how about the only well lived life is the unmourned death?

namely i gave you every single thing within my capacity

when you see me no more you heartily celebrate

we needed not one more moment in that presence

and to his credit

he put his affairs in order, he was decent enough to sign his will, he didn't overlook leaving out his passwords

the perfect death is no soul misses you

better yet, no one knows even cares you departed, that maketh the perfect life in fact

no chaos no havoc no upheaval

everything done as god wills

to bid goodbye every night that's the only good life

loved every minute every morsel every memory

live just today beautifully the sole prerequisite to embrace death tonight blissfully

Edited by gettoefl

These interviews make it seem less scary:

To answer the question: my fear of death is a 2/10

But I'm sure that should I be in danger, it will jump up quite a bit in the momentxD

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

I am more scared of suffering than death

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

28 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

The only fear is of death. The fear of suffering is an illusion that functions to keep things seeming separate and real so that the closed loop of knowing reality can continue (thus avoiding death). That can resonate.

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self

2 minutes ago, The0Self said:

The only fear is of death. The fear of suffering is an illusion that functions to keep things seeming separate and real so that the closed loop of knowing reality can continue (thus avoiding death). That can resonate.

Why do we fear death?

From my experience i don't fear death. But i fear pain and suffering. The only reason i fear death is because i don't know if i am gonna be in a comfortable place right after.

5 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@The0Self

Why do we fear death?

From my experience i don't fear death. But i fear pain and suffering. The only reason i fear death is because i don't know if i am gonna be in a comfortable place right after.

This is a case of mistaken identity. The apparent you identifies yourself with something separate from what appears to be happening. When ego death apparently approaches, the I-program will perhaps seem to generate fear of suffering or confusion or whatever but it's really to terrorize itself into believing that it's real and things are really happening -- thus avoiding an imagined death of itself. It's already not there, it's just what appears, but in that, it seems real and not just apparent.

The apparent individual can only seem to fear suffering but it's actually the fear of death. It's closed loop illusion. Often when it falls away it's associated with despair and hopelessness and futility with a resonance of something else happening.

Edited by The0Self

@Thought Art

31 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Same thing here.

11 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Thought Art

Same thing here.

That's the only experience the I can have (fearing suffering, loving happiness) in relation to what it actually wants: to stay alive at absolutely all costs, as long as it's in play. In other words it has no idea what it wants. It appears to want to avoid suffering, but it actually only wants to survive. But it's not real anyway -- what is truly longed for, is simply (in-love-ness with) whatever appears to be happening, which is itself the absence of I, which is THIS (all there is). So the I is actually looking for its own end, which is already the case, so the I is artificial. This is home. This is not a case-closed coming from some knowledge of truth, it's just energy.

Edited by The0Self

@SQAAD 

32 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

The only reason i fear death is because i don't know if i am gonna be in a comfortable place right after.

See this is how the illusion works. It assumes it is real and might be in a different place when its body dies, thus generating fear of possible suffering after death, therefore confirming it is real. It can be seen by something other than the I that the I is literally only concerned with survival. It prefers endless suffering to death. It's a program though it's not what you are.

There isn't actually causality. This is appearing for no reason and the past is only apparent. It's infinite so it's not surprising that it has that ability. Though it is actually kind of shocking. Ordinary though.

Edited by The0Self

well, if you're living from the ego (like 99.99% of people are) you are innately afraid of death.

I once had a sleep paralysis experience where I thought I was going to die. Had no choice but to fully accept it. I let go of everything fully and got pulled "back" into the void of nothing. Came back and wasn't afraid of what was happening anymore or the possibility of death. But the ego surfaced once again and the fear of death came with it. The two come hand in hand.

But if I were to not be a pretentious douche, I'd say I'm at like a 7. Ego shattering experiences like that will definitely shave off a number or two.

I think that very few people here aren't afraid of death.

Most of the people here are afraid of death but they wouldn't admit it because they want to look more spiritual.

I noticed that spirituality in this forum is a game of who has the biggest dick.

Which is a game of ego.

Most of the people who claim that they have weak ego (or have no ego at all) are the people with the biggest ego.

6 hours ago, SQAAD said:

I've got a weird arrythmia where basically my heart kinda stops abruptly and then restarts all over again (This is how it feels). Lol. This has made me think that i could die at any time. Maybe one day the heart won't ''restart'' again. This doesn't happen all the time but it happens on a monthly basis. 

Are you taking any beta blockers for this like propranolol, or have you seen a doctor about it?

8/10, most of my spiritual practice is about overcoming this fear of death.  I've had a phobia of it ever since I learned that we die.

@Loba

26 minutes ago, Loba said:

Are you taking any beta blockers for this like propranolol, or have you seen a doctor about it?

8/10, most of my spiritual practice is about overcoming this fear of death.  I've had a phobia of it ever since I learned that we die.

I am not taking any  medication. I've done tests and seen a doctor few years ago. I have this issue for the last 5 years. But it may not be dangerous at all. It has something to do with how the electricity flows. It doesn't happen most of the time. 

fear of death: 7/10

fear of 5meo: 7.5/10

Edited by Aaron p