EntheogenTruthSeeker

What the f*** is actually going on right now?

18 posts in this topic

Like I know I’m depressed and shit, but I see so much hate around me and I am waking up to how unhealthy society is and toxic our environment and technology way of life is, and it seems like as a species we are way too selfish and the laws are set up for us to fail. 

the system is so intense and everyone is losing their minds! I had a great level headed friend who completely lost his mind to Quanaon and was fully college educated and spiritual, ambitious, healthy, optimistic. Not the only one either.

like I can’t even go on the internet without seeing so much hate and division, will there ever be a time of unity or will this be like a world war three with these conservatives stubbornness? 

I am open to people calling me out as deluded, it may have to do with Christian dogma I’m still trying to let go of or the recommended aligorithm that slowly seeps toxicity into my mind and makes me suggestible to these end of world theories. It’s not so much logic it feels like that for me. I’ve never been in a lower place in my life. Maybe it’s because I have no job or friends, but still this is unusual for me. 

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening

I've contemplated on this question for a long time now. 

And the answer that finally gave me peace is this - 

You have only 2 options in this world. Either help yourself and others like you or go down with the rest. This is the simplest most logical rational sensible solution my INTP mind came up with 

There are people who won't change no matter what. There are people who are beyond stupid and cannot be fixed. And unfortunately these people are in Large numbers and they are very self righteous and delusional and beyond common sense. Now If you try to reason with them, it's simply a huge waste of time. If you let them consume you, you stand to lose your own survival along with them. Your idea to change the world will only remain a pipedream and the sooner you realize this the better for you because the mounting frustration of witnessing this massive stupidity will only break your brain and waste your time. So you got three things to do here. One is to stop thinking that you can go about changing these people, if they happen to exist in your family or close circle, just let them be who they are, it's a paradigm lock, no point in hopelessly trying to change them. Next is to completely Detach yourself from this stupidity and not be consumed by it or be drowned into it or distracted by it, the more you consume this type of information or environment, you remain stuck in it unable to do anything productive as all of this unproductive drama around you occupies your mind and keeps you away from doing things that will bring a positive momentum in your life, so keep ten foot distance mentally away from these topics, people, news, events, information etc. Next and the last thing to do is to ground yourself in reality, focus completely on yourself, draw the focus back to you where it rightfully belongs and then continue to develop yourself and save yourself from the bullshit of the world. 

This is the only solution I came up with after a lot of hard contemplating on this issue. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India

That's basically a Rapture-Ideology (Jamie Wheal?). 

Me and my group will survive, while the rest will perish. Not a good / loving way to think about humanity if you divide us in your mind. 

Also feels like I need to post this over and over again here: "If there are whole chunks of populations that you only have pejorative strawman versions of, where you can't explain why they think what they think without making them dumb or bad, you should be dubious of your own modeling." - Daniel Schmachtenberger

There are NO stupid people, that´s your mind not understanding someone.

Edited by BadHippie

@BadHippie it's basically survival in stupidity. It's not wanting others to perish or delighting in their stupidity or miserable outcome. It's simply realizing that if you become a part of it, a lot of harm comes your way and it leads to nothing but futility in the end. 

So basically wisen up, transcend the stupidity instead of trying to fix it and move on. There is a saving grace in coming back to yourself and realizing that it was only you who began this journey and only you who dies in the end. What you choose to do with this journey lies in your hands and choose wisely. 

"If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place" - Eckhart Tolle.

7 minutes ago, BadHippie said:

@Preety_India

That's basically a Rapture-Ideology (Jamie Wheal?). 

Me and my group will survive, while the rest will perish. Not a good / loving way to think about humanity if you divide us in your mind. 

Also feels like I need to post this over and over again here: "If there are whole chunks of populations that you only have pejorative strawman versions of, where you can't explain why they think what they think without making them dumb or bad, you should be dubious of your own modeling." - Daniel Schmachtenberger

There are NO stupid people, that´s your mind not understanding someone.

Understanding other's stupidity also requires intelligence. It doesn't mean insulting someone. 

It only means not being a part of their harmful scheme and consciously Detaching from it. 

Some things are stupid whether you like it or not for example believing in Qanon ideas.. 

Not trying to moralize shit, simply using basic sense. 

@Preety_India

That´s what I (and many other people) call learned-helplessness. Just because you don´t want to work on "fixing" humanity - I don´t like the word as there is no fixing needed - it´s not meaningless.

You can have a lot of meaning by doing that. But obviously you first have to transcend and step outside of the system to understand it. 

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” - Buckminster Fuller

I still believe in humanity to be honest, there is nothing "wrong". It just seems like it, as we are divided like never before. At least I´ve never seen such division and hatred before here in Germany. Fascism is on the rise - and most people don´t even realize they´ve turned into "fascists". Of course that´s my perspective. 

But in the end we will learn a lot through it. I still hope I am completely wrong about my world-view. Would be so much more chill.

Not trying to moralize shit, simply using basic sense. 

That´s exactly moralizing. "Basic Sense" is different for anyone. Every QAnon believer has a good reason for believing in it. Not saying everything QAnon says is "true".

Edited by BadHippie

@BadHippie you are absolutely not wrong about your worldview and whatever I am hearing about Germany isn't leaving a good taste in my mouth either. However I have learned that at least as an individual you can't change hate. 

I have faced racism in the past and thought a lot about why someone hated me for my race. Or why someone made a racist joke. I couldn't sit and reason with them because they simply won't try to understand. There was no point and it creates a lot of frustration. 

I finally overcame this frustration by learning to accept people who were racist to me and understanding that people with ignorant minds will exist and nothing can be done about it unless they are ready to change on their own. You can't change hatred to love. I can't make someone who hates me love me no matter how much I try. If they hate me, they simply hate me one way or another. 

Now I'm not completely pessimistic about change because everything is quite complex. So if there's an organization trying to bring change and you're keen on social revolution you could try contributing to it in whatever ways you see fit. However chances of solving anything that has no institutional or social support, all by one person are very slim. 

@BadHippie @Preety_India I feel what you guys are both saying. 

I just feel like this dark feeling as an empath just feeling the worlds deep suffering and hate and disconnection from god. I cry so hard when I trip about the suffering we all experience. It’s so sad how rare the experiences and information us on actualized have. 

Is there any perspective you can find that makes you see more unity, more healing, more love in this world?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

2 hours ago, EntheogenTruthSeeker said:

like I can’t even go on the internet without seeing so much hate and division

How come you can't, and I can?

My YouTube recommendations are mostly videos about cute animals, functional medicine, health, psychedelics, and interesting speakers like Terence McKenna and Ram Dass.

It sounds like you're a willing victim of the algorithm.

Simple fix: only click on what makes you feel good and relaxed. Anything that is recommended which makes you feel anxious or otherwise bad, click "not interested". The algorithm will learn that you don't care about being scared or depressed anymore.

Do that for a week and see what that does for you.

But Erik, don't you think it's important to know what's going on in the world? Aren't you sticking your head in the sand?

There is infinite bad things going on, and infinite wholesome, hopeful things going on.

My capacity to take in information is limited.

So I have to filter.

Why not set your filters to relaxed and healthy?

No one is being helped by anonymous people feeling bad about their suffering, for a second, before clicking away, anyway.

People directly around you are being helped by you radiating gratitude and hope, though.

So choose your content consciously.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy you’re right. Thank you. I have too open of a mind that I want to see what’s going on everywhere, liberal or conservative videos just to study their minds, and get recommended a bunch of toxic garbage because of it. Spamming do not recommend button, but deleted all apps but Spotify and the forum. 

@EntheogenTruthSeeker Good move! If you really want a calm and optimistic mind, try giving all politics related content a rest, too. Maybe even quit talking politics. Or even holding political opinions. Any political opinion is ultimately untenable, anyway.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

25 minutes ago, flowboy said:

My YouTube recommendations are mostly videos about cute animals, functional medicine, health, psychedelics, and interesting speakers like Terence McKenna and Ram Dass.

Have to drill this into my paper mache head constantly. Like a gazillion times. 

Don't don't go on the other side of YouTube and get fucking depressed. Stick to cats and long nappy videos. 

Hmm. 

Thanks. 

yea many people are losing their marbles for sure

still pretty interesting times though

@EntheogenTruthSeeker I'm assuming you're American, given your references to Qanon, etc? 

Firstly, zoom out and realise how easy life is today compared to most of human history. The arc of history is for dramatic improvements over time. 

Secondly, realise that we've had a period of peace and prosperity from 1945 to now, and we're now entering a period of division, tensions, and revolutions. This is driven by economic cycles, like inequality getting worse, and also a rising power (China) challenging the current global order. We've moved from a period of certainty to uncertainty. 

Further, realise that the US, in particular, is extremely divided right now and is running through its own social problems. But change can only occur through chaos. When everything is great, sure you have peace and prosperity, but you eventually come to a standstill and don't have the big pushes forward that society needs. 

Most importantly, remember that these are short-term bumps in the road, eventually, the trends will reverse and things will start improving again. Those who lived through the 2 world wars and the great depression were extremely pessimistic for the future, so they missed out on the post-war boom. The long-term trend is clear, and it's positive.