The0Self

Very simple. When this is seen it is game over.

21 posts in this topic

The longing for something just around the corner is actually the longing for exactly whatever appears to be happening.

You the apparent individual will never see this because you're already not there.

When this is seen, nothing will happen, and it'll be obvious that nothing ever did happen.

The longing for something just around the corner might seem uncomfortable, but if it's what's happening then it's covering up exactly what you don't want: unknowing illogical free-fall. So there's no escape from exactly what is longed for. You're basically damned to Heaven, but no one can know that -- the apparent individual which lives in knowing is not being addressed here because it's not real, it's an appearance.

There simply isn't any separation to overcome.

Edited by The0Self

9 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

More like game start. The previous was just a shareware demo.

When it's game over, there was never a game to be over. :)

5 hours ago, The0Self said:

exactly whatever appears to be happening

We are what we are looking for! :xThere is no separation between consciousness and unconsciousness. It's always IT. Whatever form it takes. It's Infinite. It's 0. Nothing=Everything! :) 

1 hour ago, EddieEddie1995 said:

We are what we are looking for! :xThere is no separation between consciousness and unconsciousness. It's always IT. Whatever form it takes. It's Infinite. It's 0. Nothing=Everything! :) 

There’s just what’s appearing to happen. Which is nothing being everything. And it’s utterly beyond mind/understanding.

I really did think I was going to eventually get this... This is so utterly beyond have-able ? — there’s no one separate to have it!

1 hour ago, The0Self said:

When it's game over, there was never a game to be over. :)

There is no game, there is only being and that's it. nothing to look for, this is what there is, poured out in the present moment

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

There is no game, there is only being and that's it. nothing to look for, this is what there is, poured out in the present moment

That’s what’s appearing to happen there. From this communication, there is no present moment. And there is no being separate from non-being. It’s not right or wrong though.

When this is seen, the game is not over. It becomes less serious, and more fun. Lucidly living in the relative dimension of sense perceptions, without identifying with them, is the true purpose of the game.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

What the fuck. Im so tired of this jerofliphics zen stories. I know you mean well and all of that, just like nahm, sometimes you guys are imposible to understand (i know its tough since spiritual shit is difficult to communicate) you particularly lately with that "apparent" Word are getting more misterious, and frustrating too

@The0Self I'm currently in the "what-did-I-get-myself into" stage and "what the hell is going on"

I'm fluctuating between 3rd and 4th jhana.

Yesterday I witnessed that I'm like gone and come back after a fraction of a second regularly while reading.

I would love to read your nonduality take on that :D i love reading your posts. Jim Newman smuggling.

Recontextualizes the phrase “keeping up appearances”, doesn’t it?

@Javfly33 Listen to Jim Newman, I know how you feel about that.

But your situation is 1.hopeless. You're never gonna get enlightened, because you're looking with the thing you want to get rid off.

2. You can never become enlightened, because it's a contraction in the Body that stops happening, and that can't refer to itself anymore because it's not present anymore.

3. You cannot do anything about it. You can also not stop seeking. It's not a prescription, it's a direct pointer.

14 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

You cannot do anything about it. You can also not stop seeking. It's not a prescription, it's a direct pointer.

Well , there is something that can be done. it is to stop preferring one thing to another. at least mentally during meditation. stop wishing, longing. If you understand that everything is the same, you will see through the wall

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Breakingthewall How do you stop wishing, of thoughts about desire occur?

You're gonna condition yourself:"I'm gonna try not to wish anything during meditation"

And then you desire something during meditation and you then react:"fuck I just wished something" = I wish I stopped wishing.

So that's just adding a layer. But hey, you can alternate between meditation allowing wishes and meditation not allowing wishes. So you'll see that you don't have control over wishes because you didn't make the decision to have a wish and you didn't make the decision to believe you should try to stop wishing.

1 minute ago, Endangered-EGO said:

You're gonna condition yourself:"I'm gonna try not to wish anything during meditation"

It's actually deconditioning. Your mind has been conditioned to look for happiness outside of the Self for your entire life. Meditation counters that. Instead of allowing the currents of the mind to pull you under, develop the capacity to remain present, regardless of what conditioning throws at you.

Swimming upstream dissolves the ego, and it becomes increasingly desperate. It's like the Wicked Witch of the West melting when dumped with a bucket of pure water. ? The ego will throw your deepest shadows at you, hoping to snag your attention and steal the energy of the Self that has sustained it. See it for what it is, and let it dissolve. What is left is who you are.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Breakingthewall How do you stop wishing, of thoughts about desire occur?

And then you desire something during meditation and you then react:"fuck I just wished something" = I wish I stopped wishing.

So that's just adding a layer. But hey, you can alternate between meditation allowing wishes and meditation not allowing wishes. So you'll see that you don't have control over wishes because you didn't make the decision to have a wish and you didn't make the decision to believe you should try to stop wishing.

you are right, there is no control possible. you have to realize that it does not matter one thing or another, and then the desires cease, at least for a little while. how is this achieved? meditation itself is just this. to stop projecting, to be present. Trying to stop wishing is it a wish? Yes, that's why you don't try, you are just there, until you see that anything does not matter, you are in the eternal moment and anything else is nothing.

@Breakingthewall If you're struggling with meditation, I recommend "True Meditation" from adyashanti.

He basically sais. "Just center yourself, don't care too much about posture, and allow everything to happen (including thoughts)"

In the beginning there will be more thoughts, but then they are going to calm themselves.

Yeah thoughts can be slowed down by meditating, relaxation techniques, certain substances or whatever.

But this slowdown is usually temporary and can build back up due to the fast-paced world we live in.

The freedom piece is the revelation that no one is actually having these thoughts, no one owns them, they just SEEM to arise in the mind like a reaction to a reaction to a reaction.

This "sense of self" builds and builds from a young age. It's completely assumed without question that we are infact these separate individuals living in a world of meaning and importance.

Like a constructed web of identification stemming from the original misconception of being a separate individual.(aka dream story)

Awakening is the disentangling from the socially conditioned matrix of mind known as "ME".

And the really crazy part is when this so-called disentangling occurs it's simultaneously recognized that there never was anyone tangled in the first place.

No one becomes untangled. No one was tangled. No one wakes up. No one becomes enlightened.

Its a non happening.... meaning it's not real.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

3 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

they just SEEM to arise in the mind like a reaction to a reaction to a reaction.

Yeah, a reaction. it is not the self that thinks the thoughts but rather the thoughts that create the self that is wishing. With meditation you can see this, that thoughts are the need of control , that is the self.  if the self disappears, the naked experience remains, which does not need a self to be, but is somehow a self

Edited by Breakingthewall

6 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yeah, a reaction. it is not the self that thinks the thoughts but rather the thoughts that create the self that is wishing. With meditation you can see this, that thoughts are the need of control , that is the self.  if the self disappears, the naked experience remains, which does not need a self to be, but is somehow a self

? It can't be pinned down or hung on a nail because it's everything without separation. 

Unknowable freedom/dancing emptiness.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi