Lauritz

Interview with Frank Yang on the difference between Enlightenment and Psychedelics

47 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Nos7algiK said:

Well said, that's where I was led as well so I let go of the attachments I had to my prior psychedelics experiences yet still hold an appreciation for the journey that led me here.

Frank seems genuine here to me. Not because he's enlightened or anything, but I'd assume this is how he has naturally been for years. There is a lot fo charisma to his character and he seems quite warm and inviting when talking to others.

But, I finished the interview now and it was great content. You have a very calm and nice talking voice.

That's actually what is so amazing about his channel, if you watch his content going a while back: you can SEE the difference as his path unfolds.  The "old Frank" was very clearly an ego, and spoke differently, held himself differently, did all kinds of "cool and artistic" stuff, etc.  Literally the day after his final awakening (or 4th path attainment, if you'd prefer that), he was totally different.  So free, so unburdened, so just absolutely sure of "this".  I have watched him since then and even though he is young and a "bro bodybuilder" (haha), I sense he is completely genuine and has gone deeper than most spiritual teachers.  He's definitely an inspiration that it is in fact possible to do it "the hard way," and worth it. 

Loved this interview, one of his best yet, mostly because this interviewer was very genuine and humble, unlike others.. (cough Atlas).

Edited by Flyboy

3 hours ago, Flyboy said:

That's actually what is so amazing about his channel, if you watch his content going a while back: you can SEE the difference as his path unfolds.  The "old Frank" was very clearly an ego, and spoke differently, held himself differently, did all kinds of "cool and artistic" stuff, etc.  Literally the day after his final awakening (or 4th path attainment, if you'd prefer that), he was totally different.  So free, so unburdened, so just absolutely sure of "this".  I have watched him since then and even though he is young and a "bro bodybuilder" (haha), I sense he is completely genuine and has gone deeper than most spiritual teachers.  He's definitely an inspiration that it is in fact possible to do it "the hard way," and worth it. 

Loved this interview, one of his best yet, mostly because this interviewer was very genuine and humble, unlike others.. (cough Atlas).

I find it very interesting someone who looks at a glace so wrapped up in their ego, being a body builder and youtuber, has actually found the path of enlightenment. Not that enlightenment itself could ever be put into a box on who or who could not achieve it, but regardless is still neat to witness.

Someone such as Connor Murphey I know had a glimpse of something but it seems as though his ego hijacked all of those insights and turned him into a zen devil. Though, he does seem to be getting better now.

Yes the interviewer was great. Allowed him to speak freely and was able to give his on input on things on the same level as Frank. Also, Frank was a great listener even though he was the guest.

Edited by Nos7algiK

22 hours ago, Nos7algiK said:

I find it very interesting someone who looks at a glace so wrapped up in their ego, being a body builder and youtuber, has actually found the path of enlightenment.

That's why he is so interesting to follow, there is so much I hate about his pre-spiritual persona, narcissistic muscle obsessed tube pranksters are on top of my list of people whom I would rather not be in the same room as, but when I listen to his recent material I become genuinely convinced this guy has reached record-breaking spiritual heights, which is no easy thing to say as I have listened to numerous "enlightened" individuals since my journey began.

Thank you all for the input. Seemed like it was a good idea to post it here, as many of you seemed interested in it. 

Frank and I will be doing another interview in the future.

You can post any open questions you might have here or in the comments of the video and we will address them in the next interview. 

8 hours ago, Lauritz said:

You can post any open questions you might have here or in the comments of the video and we will address them in the next interview. 

Ask him about the relationship between the Absolute and ethics in relative world: ¿Is there good and bad in relative world? ¿why? ¿why should we do good and not bad actions? ¿is suffer good and not suffer bad? ¿why? from the pov of Absolute everything looks perfect so.. ¿good and bad are just illusions? 

It is actually one single question but I express it in several for you to understand my point.

Thank you.

Edited by RedLine

Its undoubtedly the case that Frank has deep insights in the nature of reality.

Yet there is just something about him and the way he acts that intuitively makes me dismiss his approach. Like he has "lost himself" -  not in the "good"  way the usual spiritual teachers have, but in a more psychotic sense. There is a certain lack of maturity and psychological developement that's in my opinion really important to have. 

Now, I have never met this guy and it could well be that his videos give me a wrong impression. Maybe I am even projecting stuff onto him. 
..But thats what came up when I watched his content.

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke