goldpower123

Psychedelics necessary for inner spiritual life?

18 posts in this topic

I have only tried psilocybin shrooms once, a small dose, but at my current state it did so much for me, put me down a new path in life and helped connect my mind with my heart. Even after the trip itself for months I felt like I could tap into that higher self/consciousness still. My whole universe changed, I went on this healing journey and had many deep spiritual insights along the path, divine love, focusing on myself, I remember feeling connection with the universe, reality and with people to a whole other level. 

It's totally worn off, it's been about 2 years, I need to get another trip. I think the main thing is them helping you connect your mind with your heart. Going within. That inner path, connecting with your self. It seems there's no other way, if you really want to have true happiness, confidence, poise, peace and truth, and not be affected or swayed by everything on the outside.

Is it possible to live that kind of life without psychedelics? I mean sure, yes, for the more spiritually evolved, but it seems that they are tools that are necessary to help the mind connect with the inner self.

Edited by goldpower123

Psychedelics are not necessary for a "inner spiritual life". But psychedelics are by far most powerful for peak awakenings.

But you seem to be more interested in baseline. "authentic true life".

Psychedelics affect baseline, but I find transmissions more powerful for baseline increase. For example RASA, SAT, Shaktipat, pure Divinity, KAP,... 

The next best straightforward practices for baseline are maybe kriya yoga and self inquiry.

Edited by GreenWoods

Spiritual concepts that seemed to me hot air sober I came to experience and accept in a deep way on psychedelics. Even people in my day to day life have noticed changes. I would say there are some people who are naturally prone to be spiritual so might not need psychedelics, but for some of us psychedelics can break down some real barriers between heart, head and soul 

3 hours ago, goldpower123 said:

it did so much for me, put me down a new path in life and helped connect my mind with my heart. Even after the trip itself for months I felt like I could tap into that higher self/consciousness still. My whole universe changed, I went on this healing journey and had many deep spiritual insights along the path, divine love, focusing on myself, I remember feeling connection with the universe, reality and with people to a whole other level. 

That's beautiful!

It's totally worn off, it's been about 2 years

It's still in you. Those lessons are a part of you forever. 

I need to get another trip.

Are you able to trip again? If not, focus on other spiritual practices.

You can pray for another trip. Don't be needy about it. Trust that life works in mysterious ways even if it seems impossible to you right now. 

"You Create Magic" 

Is it possible to live that kind of life without psychedelics? I mean sure, yes, for the more spiritually evolved, but it seems that they are tools that are necessary to help the mind connect with the inner self.

Yes. But even if you doubt it, psychedelics can show you why they aren't even necessary :)

I think for some people they are very helpful, and even comprise their entire spiritual path (e.g., Santo Dimea Church... I think I spelled it wrong.  Basically a church revolving around ayahuasca).  I would disagree that they are "necessary" for everyone.  I don't think there's any absolutes with psychedelics.  

I even would wager that most people would benefit greatly from them if used correctly and for spiritual purposes.  

But for perhaps a rare few who are just spiritually gifted or maybe have too much trauma, maybe they don't need them.  I dunno. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I think they are immensely helpful, but I don’t feel I necessarily “need” them anymore. They were great to propel me to where I’m at now, but my last few trips have left me feeling like i am at peace with where I’m at and can now explore consciousness without them. But if you haven’t had much experience with them I think you’ll find they will catapult you past a lot of the issues newbies encounter with spirituality in the beginning. 

No, but they will show you something you can't see unless you look there.

My opinion is if used wisely, will make you a much more spiritual person than if you didn't.

They are medicine, tools and a way of seeing Truths you can't see with most other practices.

Also, in the western world we don't have time to meditate for hour and hours. 

They can really be a miracle. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Yea, there are not really necessary tool, but they are indeed powerful in showing how deluded the false self is, and how the different aspects of mind operates. They empower greatly the possibility of Enlightenment and Transformation. They can pierce through the most negative or false belief you have regarding your self, life and existence, and show you how the depth of your misalignment with Truth, as well as the enormous energy you invest in keeping your self in a contracted state and adversarial disposition regarding the other.

I would dare to say that without Psychedelics, it is almost impossible to be motivated toward a deep Transformation of self and mind. Modern culture and language has created a very limited mind patterns which creates a glass ceiling that is fortified by other programmed and self-deluded minds. Psychedelics break this ceiling and motivates you to change the self-mind you created that is the only thing that gives life to this self imposed limitations.

"All that is required to realise the Self is a good dose of magic mushrooms" 

Ramana Maharshi 

49 minutes ago, Jakuchu said:

Ramana Maharshi 

xDxDxD

1 hour ago, Jakuchu said:

Ramana Maharshi 

@Jakuchu Fact Check Alert

◭"89"

The longing to trip is the longing to never need to trip again.

The longing to know is the longing to never need to know again.

The longing to drink is the longing to never need to drink again.

The longing to realize something amazing is the longing to never need to realize something amazing again.

The longing to seek is the longing to never need to seek again.

The longing for something just around the corner is the longing for exactly whatever appears to be happening. That can resonate, and it's heard when it's heard. It's game over when it's heard, and the apparent individual will never hear it.

Part and parcel of this particular longing is the illusion that there are separate things and life is logical and knowable. In reality, life is illogical and unknowable. So this longing engenders life with exactly what's longed for, as it's like anesthesia for the full-on out of control unknowable aliveness that this really is.

Closed loops.

33 minutes ago, The0Self said:

The longing to trip is the longing to never need to trip again.

The longing to know is the longing to never need to know again.

The longing to drink is the longing to never need to drink again.

The longing to realize something amazing is the longing to never need to realize something amazing again.

The longing to seek is the longing to never need to seek again.

The longing for something just around the corner is the longing for exactly whatever appears to be happening. That can resonate, and it's heard when it's heard. It's game over when it's heard, and the apparent individual will never hear it.

Part and parcel of this particular longing is the illusion that there are separate things and life is logical and knowable. In reality, life is illogical and unknowable. So this longing engenders life with exactly what's longed for, as it's like anesthesia for the full-on out of control unknowable aliveness that this really is.

Closed loops.

@Jakuchu I like this, but it seems to not take into account infinity. I think it never ends.

No longer longing is part of liberation

Realizing you are without end is another

◭"89"

9 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Jakuchu I like this, but it seems to not take into account infinity. I think it never ends.

No longer longing is part of liberation

Realizing you are without end is another

That's still a realization and therefore a dream. Infinity is not ultra big, it's no space. Eternity is not ultra long, it's no time. There isn't a beginning or an end, nor a middle. Or a here and a there. It's just totally ungraspable. And the big joke is it's already exactly whatever is appearing to happen.

BANG

It never goes anywhere. It's just an eternal explosion.

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self Welcome to the Everything Now.

◭"89"

Psychedelics aren't necessary for enlightenment. Some people have benefited from them, but many sages attained enlightenment through meditation and deep introspection, without drugs. Depending for the rest of your life on an external catalyst for internal growth sounds like an attachment.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Necessary, no, but I can't think of a better and faster way to have experiential proof of divinity. That may take years with non-psychedelic methods, and once you have a taste of it at least now you know that you can't trust beliefs about reality, and then can pursue whatever method you prefer thereafter. People refuse a 15 minute DMT experience because they think it's all nonsense, they're even less likely to spend hundreds of hours meditating for one peak experience that might all be nonsense. They'll likely give up before any spiritual awakening.